Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: is this a possibility « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : February 11, 2007, 01:28:35 AM

It also takes 2 to tango.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 11, 2007, 01:45:30 AM

The reason why it IS a possibility is that the Lions have Redding, Tyoka Jackson, and Cleveland Pinkney at DT, as well as Shaun Cody...it makes Shaun Rogers a man they could deal...for Simeon Roce, considering their DEs are Bill Swanncutt, Corey Smith (2 sacks), Matt Rice, Claude Harriott, James Hall (5 sacks in 7 games, very good), Jared Devries, and Kalimba Edwards (3 sacks)...

Their DT rotation is a lot better than their DE rotation, by quite a bit.  The Lions could use Rice for a fix it on the line, and keep Cody and Redding at DTs, and put Rice and Smith at the DE spots.  And Marinelli loves Rice, and Rice has had great output under Rod, and would probably have more than 15 sacks on turf, which is more than their entire rotation.  I think it would take Rice and a pick to land Rogers, but I would easily think it would be worth it.  A third and Rice for Rogers suits me just fine.

Of course, the Lions could be blowing smoke about wanting Joe Thomas in the draft, and might want to trade down with a team like Tampa who may want Joe Thomas more than they do considering Backus and his cash, and then the Lions could draft Gaines Adams, and pick up something extra on the side...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 11, 2007, 02:01:56 AM

Man, can you imagine Rogers collapsing pockets and crushing runners in Pewter?  It would be a dream come true...and considering who the Lions GM is, ANYTHING is possible...

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#33 : February 11, 2007, 09:35:24 AM

The reason why it IS a possibility is that the Lions have Redding, Tyoka Jackson, and Cleveland Pinkney at DT, as well as Shaun Cody...it makes Shaun Rogers a man they could deal...for Simeon Roce, considering their DEs are Bill Swanncutt, Corey Smith (2 sacks), Matt Rice, Claude Harriott, James Hall (5 sacks in 7 games, very good), Jared Devries, and Kalimba Edwards (3 sacks)...

Their DT rotation is a lot better than their DE rotation, by quite a bit.  The Lions could use Rice for a fix it on the line, and keep Cody and Redding at DTs, and put Rice and Smith at the DE spots. And Marinelli loves Rice, and Rice has had great output under Rod, and would probably have more than 15 sacks on turf, which is more than their entire rotation. I think it would take Rice and a pick to land Rogers, but I would easily think it would be worth it. A third and Rice for Rogers suits me just fine.

Of course, the Lions could be blowing smoke about wanting Joe Thomas in the draft, and might want to trade down with a team like Tampa who may want Joe Thomas more than they do considering Backus and his cash, and then the Lions could draft Gaines Adams, and pick up something extra on the side...

We could swap first round picks and send them Rice and our late second for Rogers and what would be Joe Thomas.  They could draft a QB or they could grab someone on defense and we would fix two positions of great need.  In addition to that add a pass rusher at the top of the second along with grabbing one of the free agents at DE.  If we could also some how sign Clement or Samuels. Oh throw in Michael Lewis at saftey.  Now that would be nice.

Lets see--
Thomas
Rogers
Samuels/Clement
Smith/Grant
Lewis

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 11, 2007, 11:49:34 AM

I'm against trading up.  We need all our first day picks, and I don't like the idea of trading up for an o-lineman.  We are not one player away from a contending team.  We need to stay put or trade down and get more picks, not give up our Booger pick.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: is this a possibility « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools