Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Racist Comment by Ronde? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 03, 2009, 09:48:00 AM

It is getting more and more apparent that there are posters who harbor ill feelings towards minorties, and they use their banner of "equal equality" as their marching card.

Sad, that this stuff even needs to be an issue. How much does it really affect your life?

Conversely it can be said that there are those posters here who harbor ill feelings towards others that differ in opinion and they use their banner of "inequal equality" as their marching card.

What's sad is that it does go both ways.  Equality is supposed to be equal isn't it, hense the name.

It seems like it's the ones here that use the demeaning "Dubya" when referring to George Bush.

Just one man's opinion.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#61 : August 03, 2009, 10:28:09 AM

I know he did not mean it that way but I was wondering if the shoe was on the other foot what would be said.

" We elected a black President. Change is good."

Are you retarded?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#62 : August 03, 2009, 10:36:24 AM

How is that racist? He is saying a racial barrier has been broken which is good.

+1

RudeGuy

Starter

#63 : August 03, 2009, 03:05:36 PM

I know he did not mean it that way but I was wondering if the shoe was on the other foot what would be said.

" We elected a black President. Change is good."

Are you retarded?

Don't you just hate it when the kids get on here and just read the original post. The ADHD does not allow them to follow along before submitting their own post. They miss the entire direction or flavor of this thread.

RudeGuy

Starter

#64 : August 03, 2009, 03:16:29 PM

I'm sure his comment was not meant in that way. The thing is, it would be nice if a white man could make a similar comment (with an equally innocent meaning) and not be jumped on, taken out of context and accused of being racist.

What would the white man's statement look like?

If a white guy states, "I am so proud of being white". There are some who will have a problem with this statement.

Name some..........Most black folks I know are light hearted, and don't seek a confrontation with anyone...are easy going with a
great sense of humor.......share their history well, and accept most of us that lived during the civil rights crusade....I've been called a racist by some I work with, but I know humor and sarcasm when I see it..........But, I grew up in poverty, and might have an edge on most.

You organize a "White Pride Day" and let me know how that works for you.

No need tony...........I, and most whites have no need for such an event.......and if we did, we might call it "White/Black Pride Day"........Throw down on some ribs...collards....cornbread.........yardbird........and some southern blues for comfort..........You'd be invited of course...

You missed what he was getting at. All other groups have pride days. Even that group that flies the giant Rebel flag over I-75 in Tampa and that black racist hate group in St Pete. Why not have a pride day for white people?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#65 : August 03, 2009, 03:50:06 PM

Don't you just hate it when the kids get on here and just read the original post. The ADHD does not allow them to follow along before submitting their own post. They miss the entire direction or flavor of this thread.

Let me ask this again, are you retarded?

#66 : August 03, 2009, 07:15:54 PM

I don't think I've read so much nonsense in all my life.

really, try this oldie but goodie for size:

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11231.0
WINNER.
That thread is hilarious. That guy still post here? Navybuc im guessing.

RudeGuy

Starter

#67 : August 03, 2009, 07:20:57 PM

Let me ask this again, are you retarded?

Have... you... taken... your... Adderall?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#68 : August 03, 2009, 09:19:23 PM

I don't see any racism in his comment.....but I'm not a 'spin doctor', so if you experts say it was racist, then it must be....lol...

No, no, no .... the experts didn't say it was racist. They said some OTHER people may have taken it as racist. They, of course, would never think something like that ...   ::)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#69 : August 03, 2009, 09:26:00 PM

I'm sure his comment was not meant in that way. The thing is, it would be nice if a white man could make a similar comment (with an equally innocent meaning) and not be jumped on, taken out of context and accused of being racist.

What would the white man's statement look like?

If a white guy states, "I am so proud of being white". There are some who will have a problem with this statement.

Name some..........Most black folks I know are light hearted, and don't seek a confrontation with anyone...are easy going with a
great sense of humor.......share their history well, and accept most of us that lived during the civil rights crusade....I've been called a racist by some I work with, but I know humor and sarcasm when I see it..........But, I grew up in poverty, and might have an edge on most.

You organize a "White Pride Day" and let me know how that works for you.

No need tony...........I, and most whites have no need for such an event.......

I agree that most Whites don't have a need for one but apparently there are at least a couple in here that do ..... Maybe they could combine a "White Pride Day" with a Bucs game get together.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Racist Comment by Ronde? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools