Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lou Pritchett's letter to Hussein Obama « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 31, 2009, 04:45:44 PM

Oh, put a sock in it. You will just have to deal with it.
The Obamatronian words to live by.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 31, 2009, 04:46:47 PM

Mr. Mojo - we disagree

mrtks - kudos on your refined argument.  i'm sure we're all better informed having read it.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 31, 2009, 04:51:05 PM

The Constitution is an outdated piece of paper that has little bearing on actual life in a modern society.  Countries that cling to ancient, pre-industralized traditions never move ahead.
LMAO, so what we have done since 1787 has been a failure?  LMAO

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 31, 2009, 04:51:45 PM

Dear Mr. President,

Why is it the government's job to create jobs?  Where in the Constitution is that deemed a right?  Along those lines, where does it suggest everyone is owed a home?  Is it next to the part where the government is responsible for my healthcare?  I missed that part too.  I'm assuming its tucked next to the part with unequivocal evidence that the U.S.A. is responsible for the global warming trend that is currently not happening, excuse me - climate change, that major industrial countries with pretty smart folks are declaring "bunk"...

I understand that my public records are there for scrutiny at every job opportunity I am currently free to pursue, why are yours locked away from the public eye?  I want to give the respect that is due to the position you hold, but the man is making a mockery of the position.  When you campaign about the horrors associated with lobbyist and claim they will not be welcome in your administration, why are they more apparent then ever?  When you told us that no one earning less than $250K would see a penny increase in their taxes under your plan, that was completely transparent and paid for, why are the relentless taxes growing on a disproportionately high volume of the goods and services regularly purchased by folks earning less than $250K?  Why can a Black Panther with a billy club skate on voter intimidation at public polling locations by your dubious Attorney General and a white police officer be condemned for acting "stupidly" when in one account there is video evidence and in the other you were short on facts before you passed judgment, beers notwithstanding?

I suppose I'm a racist for asking such ridiculous questions, i.e. questions any sitting president would be asked... so be it.  I am a small business owner that will have to pay out 8.2% of our payroll (not a tax?) for a healthcare system I want no part of - where is my freedom of choice?  You seemed to be a supreme champion for "choice" when you decided that American taxpayers should fund abortions abroad as one of your first acts as president.  How is an abortion outside of my family my fiscal responsibility?

I'm disappointed in your first 7 months on the job.  I don't claim to be a mathematician, but if you are going to expend energy on rhetoric at the previous administration's spending habits, does that make sense when you've driven the debt and deficit in this country beyond the sums of all prior administrations in totality?  Is this a badge of honor?  If you disapprove of what the previous administration handed you in the form of debt, what do your subsequent actions say about yourself?  Where is the logic one gains from an Ivy League education (allegedly, unavailable for review)?  I presume the answers are not "shovel ready"...

I would prefer you not apologize for the country that has given more of itself and its taxpayer's hard earned income to another foreign country.  I am really not interested in what "evil" we have done in this country's best interest - kind of like what every country on the planet does - as some "cross to bear".  Why don't you start solving the economic problems in this country by asking for all of the money back that this country has handed out since WWII?  Keep the money, just send the interest!

In Change and Hope,

'phist

*TURBO standing up and cheering!!!*

Great post phist, you should send it to B. Hussein O. personally...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 31, 2009, 04:53:41 PM

The Constitution is an outdated piece of paper that has little bearing on actual life in a modern society. Countries that cling to ancient, pre-industralized traditions never move ahead.

where would we be without it, seriously, where would this country be without that outdated piece of paper?

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 31, 2009, 04:54:54 PM

Turbo, I did - I got an automated reply with directions on how to contribute to his PAC, the DNC, and my local D representatives...  Is Rahm in charge of incoming mail too?

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#36 : July 31, 2009, 04:58:24 PM

Mr. Mojo - we disagree

mrtks - kudos on your refined argument.  i'm sure we're all better informed having read it.
There is no 'refined arguement' for people like you and cyber and Turbo and let's not forget WT. You wouldn't admit you were wrong with a gun to your head. having an intelligent disagreeing discussion with you is a total waste of time. The truth will be seen by all eventually...just a lot later for some of you. And there is nothing..nothing in that 1st letter that can be proved or is remotely truthful. Just scare tactics from scareddy cats. A Harvard grad lawyer, 2 of them, that have no visible means of support? Needs to check his eyes.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 31, 2009, 05:00:13 PM

Mr. Mojo - we disagree

mrtks - kudos on your refined argument. i'm sure we're all better informed having read it.
There is no 'refined arguement' for people like you and cyber and Turbo and let's not forget WT. You wouldn't admit you were wrong with a gun to your head. having an intelligent disagreeing discussion with you is a total waste of time. The truth will be seen by all eventually...just a lot later for some of you.

lol

ok then...

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 31, 2009, 05:05:34 PM

The Constitution is an outdated piece of paper that has little bearing on actual life in a modern society. Countries that cling to ancient, pre-industralized traditions never move ahead.

where would we be without it, seriously, where would this country be without that outdated piece of paper?

Where would we be without the horse and buggy, but we don't drive those to work anymore...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 31, 2009, 05:06:25 PM

The Constitution is an outdated piece of paper that has little bearing on actual life in a modern society.  Countries that cling to ancient, pre-industralized traditions never move ahead.

Signed,

Julius Caesar
Josef Stalin
Mao Tse Tung
Fidel Castro
Saddam Hussein
Benito Mussolini
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
and the guy that burned down the Richtstag

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 31, 2009, 05:08:03 PM

Mr. Mojo - we disagree

mrtks - kudos on your refined argument.  i'm sure we're all better informed having read it.
There is no 'refined arguement' for people like you and cyber and Turbo and let's not forget WT. You wouldn't admit you were wrong with a gun to your head. having an intelligent disagreeing discussion with you is a total waste of time. The truth will be seen by all eventually...just a lot later for some of you. And there is nothing..nothing in that 1st letter that can be proved or is remotely truthful. Just scare tactics from scareddy cats. A Harvard grad lawyer, 2 of them, that have no visible means of support? Needs to check his eyes.

Because they AREN'T wrong.  Nor are they right.  "Right" and "Wrong" are just matters of opinion.  Everyone in this discussion is dead certain that they're right, yet that simply isn't possible.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 31, 2009, 05:11:47 PM

The Constitution is an outdated piece of paper that has little bearing on actual life in a modern society.  Countries that cling to ancient, pre-industralized traditions never move ahead.

Signed,

Julius Caesar
Josef Stalin
Mao Tse Tung
Fidel Castro
Saddam Hussein
Benito Mussolini
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
and the guy that burned down the Richtstag

Eh.  As humor goes, that's lukewarm at best, but nice effort.  See, this is where most people misunderstand me.  I'm not for having NO constitution/bill of rights.  I just think the one we CLAIM to care about is outdated, and it's time to draw up a new one based on the needs and challenges of modern society.  Time for a new Bill of Rights.  In fact, we should probably draft a new one ever couple hundred years.  Assuming this nation actually lasts that long.  Our current constitution has been ignored, circumvented or altered for years now.  It's like a patchwork blankie that has seen it's best days come and go...

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 31, 2009, 05:13:20 PM

mrtks - take a moment after you wipe and point out where i was wrong and we can debate it.  if you are entering the discussion from the perspective that i will not admit to being wrong, prior to establishing the fact, you are suggesting i am not willing to debate.  let's see where we finish - you get a "do over".

the thread was about a letter.  it was then turned into satire by someone that is comfortable portraying anyone that questions the president as racist - which kinda sorta paints every black Democrat as a racist in history, but i don't buy that either...  

i responded with a letter of my own, authored by me, not received via email, just my thoughts.  your reaction was unstable and without position.

rather than attacking me, feel free to disagree.  don't even comment.  i disagreed with Mr. Mojo, but that is it - doesn't make him an a-hole, doesn't make me hate him, just disagree.  you suggested footwear for some part of my body that did not imply my feet.

now, if (as it appears through your own actions) you have no counter-position, please continue the rant.  it has no substance, but does provide a certain degree of comedy in a country on a tragic course...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 31, 2009, 05:14:18 PM

Where would we be without the horse and buggy, but we don't drive those to work anymore...

Great, so what updated piece of paper should be used - like the car updated the horse and buggy.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 31, 2009, 05:16:29 PM

You wouldn't admit you were wrong with a gun to your head. having an intelligent disagreeing discussion with you is a total waste of time.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lou Pritchett's letter to Hussein Obama « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools