Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenechi Udeze calls it quits « previous next »
Page: 1

MBF

Hall of Famer

: July 31, 2009, 02:15:09 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-udeze&prov=ap&type=lgns

MANKATO, Minn. (AP)—Kenechi Udeze’s comeback from leukemia served as an inspiration to his Minnesota Vikings teammates.

The announcement of his retirement will not diminish that.

Udeze retired on Thursday, saying his leukemia is still in remission but the side effects from the treatments for the disease were making it too difficult to continue the rigors of life in the NFL.

“I would like to thank the Wilf family and the Minnesota Vikings organization for their support,” Udeze said in a prepared statement. “I would also like to thank my fans, friends and family for supporting me through everything. Last but not least, I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and staff in Minnesota who worked tirelessly to give me a second chance at life. God bless.”

It's a shame, I remember a few people on here wanted us to draft him.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 01, 2009, 05:26:44 AM

Wow, its a shame his career has come to an end, but wonderful news nevertheless regarding the remission.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenechi Udeze calls it quits « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools