Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On the eve of camp... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 31, 2009, 07:58:30 AM

QB - Don't think we have a good one on the roster for this year (not saying Freeman can't be good just likely not this year)
DL - no pass rush, no run stopping, bad depth, could be ugly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 31, 2009, 08:03:40 AM

QB - Don't think we have a good one on the roster for this year (not saying Freeman can't be good just likely not this year)
DL - no pass rush, no run stopping, bad depth, could be ugly.
I agree....as for Barber he can play angry all he wants but the fact is he's 34 and I'm sure he didn't get any better this offseason.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 31, 2009, 08:16:04 AM

At this point I'd say DB in general because of a lack of depth. Not that concerned with the starters....Sabby a little....but an injury to a CB could be devastating.

DL is obviously a worry.

LBer I think the Bucs will be ok.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 31, 2009, 08:45:41 AM

You might say I'm old and naive, but....

1. I am excited about the youth on this team. Most, like us at their age, have no fear of anything.

2. Solid coaching (and I think we have especially good teachers this year-cept maybe WR) will give them what they need.

3. I just don't see the DL being as bad as some feel. Sims, in the new scheme will be a big improvement over Haye and Hovan has put on some weight. Wilkerson played well last year and see no reason for him to slack off. Adams is the key. The additions of Miller, K Moore and Holmes are depth to build the future with.

4. Coaching should help Sabby stop his brain farts.

5. LB, as a group, to me are superior to what we had last year and with good depth-not evident last year.

6. CB, on paper looks thin. Here again youth will shine thru. (Mack and Arrington)

I certainly, am not picking the defense to be in the bottom half, but not in the top ten either.

Honestly believe they will be stronger and steadily show solid improvement as the season moves along.

Like I said, maybe old and naive.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 01, 2009, 11:12:22 AM

Am surprised I didn't get "nailed" by anyone for the post above.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 01, 2009, 11:14:23 AM

DLINE, and then QB. With the corners and Oline in a close second.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

3drdre

Starter

#21 : August 01, 2009, 11:36:17 AM

Worried about: Can Ronde Barber play bump coverage? I don't think so.

Strength: Offensive skill positions except quarterback. We are very strong with our RB, WR, and TE play.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 01, 2009, 12:01:39 PM

Worried about not having a effective slot guy(WR) that can constantly make plays.

Question Can/will Stovall step up and play to his potential?(It seems we as this about a WR every year
huh? Boston,MC,Bryant,Stovall and Dexter?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 01, 2009, 12:42:01 PM

Biggest concerns - wide receiver and linebackers.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 01, 2009, 01:20:19 PM

DL and qb. 
You might say I'm old and naive, but....

1. I am excited about the youth on this team. Most, like us at their age, have no fear of anything.

2. Solid coaching (and I think we have especially good teachers this year-cept maybe WR) will give them what they need.

3. I just don't see the DL being as bad as some feel. Sims, in the new scheme will be a big improvement over Haye and Hovan has put on some weight. Wilkerson played well last year and see no reason for him to slack off. Adams is the key. The additions of Miller, K Moore and Holmes are depth to build the future with.

4. Coaching should help Sabby stop his brain farts.

5. LB, as a group, to me are superior to what we had last year and with good depth-not evident last year.

6. CB, on paper looks thin. Here again youth will shine thru. (Mack and Arrington)

I certainly, am not picking the defense to be in the bottom half, but not in the top ten either.

Honestly believe they will be stronger and steadily show solid improvement as the season moves along.

Like I said, maybe old and naive.

Okay -

1.  No fear is nice assuming they don't get stupid
2.  Coaching remains to be seen.  A lot going on - new blocking scheme, new TE, new RB and an unsettled qb situation - a lot of coaching to be done - and we have not idea if Jags is up to it.  On the other side of the ball - two dline coaches - and a DC who has been successful in his history, just not recent history.

3.  Guess that depends on how bad some feel.  For me - let's hope the rookies and Peterson come on strong.

4.  Coaching should have stopped Sabby's brain issues last year - since it was Rah.

5.  Superior - hmmm.  Two new unproven guys and a holdover who wants a new contract.  Must be looking at Ruud, bc last years' depth is one starter, and the other is a converted safety.... A lot to work out.

6.  I like Mack and everything I have heard about Arrington.  Pass rush will be needed to keep those two kids sound while they learn the league.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On the eve of camp... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools