Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barbara Boxer scolds general for not calling her "Senator" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#45 : June 19, 2009, 11:17:30 PM

Shes from California, they live off in their Ultra-Liberal World. Surprised California hasn't decided to allow cats and dogs to get married already.

I've spent approx. 19 years in Florida, 8 in California, 2 in South Carolina and 2 in Virginia, and you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about when it comes to California. �It is a big state with a lot of different kinds of people. �So take your generalizations and go learn something real about the world and gain some true experiences before you go shooting your mouth off like you know what you are talking about.

I don't think he's way off-base when saying California is Liberal.

Without a doubt yes because Orange County and many parts of California are conservative.

Conservative by what measure ADW - the decision making process in CA is pretty far from conservative on by any measurement I would think of.

California has a rich history of conservatism and liberalism, so it is not as easy to explain.  Their policy isn't out of ordinary compared to the states in the North East or even to the south. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 19, 2009, 11:20:32 PM

Well - there decision making insofar as their financial matters isn't easy to explain - that is for certain.  From a distance - it looks like an inept mess with more folks wanting to have their way as opposed to being willing to tackle the problems of the citizenry.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bait619

Starter

#47 : June 20, 2009, 07:33:40 AM

not everybody in LA is a liberal or democrat...even if they were 80% democrat, which I doubt since it is highly unlikely to get 80% of any group that large to agree on anything, that is still only 9.6 million people...and what percentage of those actually vote...I can play games with numbers too

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#48 : June 19, 2009, 11:41:49 PM

Shes from California, they live off in their Ultra-Liberal World. Surprised California hasn't decided to allow cats and dogs to get married already.

I've spent approx. 19 years in Florida, 8 in California, 2 in South Carolina and 2 in Virginia, and you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about when it comes to California. It is a big state with a lot of different kinds of people. So take your generalizations and go learn something real about the world and gain some true experiences before you go shooting your mouth off like you know what you are talking about.

I don't think he's way off-base when saying California is Liberal.

that's what you get for thinking

that's not what he said...you have it quoted right there...if it is so ULTRA-liberal, why did it vote to ban gay marriages?

Apparently, the Gay Marriage ban was approved because the black folks in Cali don't like it, as they were the deciding factor in the vote.

California is and always has been one of the most liberal states in the union, and it's mostly undisputed.  I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here.

Look at the Senator this thread is about, the Speaker of the House, and all of the other representatives who continued to get voted into office - that's all of the proof most people around the country need.

bait619

Starter

#49 : June 20, 2009, 12:36:44 AM

so now "black folks" in Cali don't count toward the demographics...nice

the deciding factor was that more people voted for the ban than against it...however misguided the voters were

what is the political affiliation of the governor?

I'm not saying that there is no liberal influence or even a large one here...but a blanket statement about the state as being ultra-liberal is absolutley disputed...my beef was with the uneducated, inexperienced, derogatory comment about how we are over here in this far away place they call California...it is not just that statement...it is a theme with NavyBuc and he should probably stop shooting his typing fingers off when he is so clueless...he needs to stop forming all his opinions on the world based on his Naval Academy instructors rhetoric

Moosedrool

Starter

#50 : June 20, 2009, 12:46:51 AM

much ado about nothing

You sure have a lot to say...
...about nothing.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#51 : June 20, 2009, 03:53:20 AM

California has over 36 million residents - legal residents.

Los Angeles Metro area has over 12 million residents.

Notice anything interesting about those two sentences?

...I mean besides the fact that LA votes democrat and it has 1/3 of all residents of the state living within it's demographic.

The rest of the state would have to vote in lock-step with the democratic opposition - but the liberal lefty's start every election with a 12 million vote head start...that's hard to overcome...and LA isn't getting smaller.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#52 : June 20, 2009, 07:40:34 AM

I wonder if Madam would do?
I was thinking the same thing...OBD

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#53 : June 20, 2009, 08:23:42 AM

so now "black folks" in Cali don't count toward the demographics...nice

How in the hell did you get that out of my statement?

Most black folks are Democrats.  Most Democrats are Liberal.  See the correlation now, Rev. Al?

what is the political affiliation of the governor?

So now the Republican Gov. is evidence that Cali is not Liberal?  Classic.  Arnold is a RINO.

Go ahead and list the Governor's non-Liberal policies to back-up your argument.

but a blanket statement about the state as being ultra-liberal is absolutley disputed...

You can dispute it all you like, but the proofs in the pudding by the representatives who are elected, who are reelected, the policies they put in place, the continued overspending, and the list goes on and on.  You can continue the quest to prove Cali isn't "Ultra"-liberal, since "Ultra" appears to be your beef.  What state is "Ultra" liberal if Cali isn't?

The latest "non-Liberal" brilliant idea:  Paying Parents to Parent

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#54 : June 20, 2009, 08:29:03 AM

not everybody in LA is a liberal or democrat...even if they were 80% democrat, which I doubt since it is highly unlikely to get 80% of any group that large to agree on anything, that is still only 9.6 million people...and what percentage of those actually vote...I can play games with numbers too

According to LA reports - 69.2% voted BHO.  From that point you can extrapolate the impact on overall affect urban voting theory applies to that city.  And with addition of the other large cities an outcome of said theory can be determined.

I would note the higher number of urban voters by percentage as compared to national outcome

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#55 : June 20, 2009, 08:51:35 AM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#56 : June 20, 2009, 11:04:26 AM

According to LA reports - 69.2% voted BHO.  From that point you can extrapolate the impact on overall affect urban voting theory applies to that city.  And with addition of the other large cities an outcome of said theory can be determined.

I would note the higher number of urban voters by percentage as compared to national outcome

LA, SF, Oakland, are all big cities/urban areas and MOST big cities are liberal. Boston, Philly, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. But I see Bait619's point, you can't label every person in an entire state, especially a state as diverse as Ca. There are some very conservative areas, Santa Clara (Silicon Valley), Sub urban San Diego, most of the central farming region (the valley) etc. The thing is the big urban areas dominate the vote.

Also, remember that Boxer was first elected to the Senate because her conservative opponent was involved in a strip club scandal that scared off conservative voters.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#57 : June 20, 2009, 03:40:06 PM

My point was not to label Californian's as liberal - but the Lefty's have learned how to gain control leveraging their popular  dominance of large urban centers - and ironically the largest metro centers: NY & LA have the two of the largest electoral delegates, and have a major city that controls the politics of the entire state - and these metro areas (cities) vote completely opposite that of the state they are in - but in the case of NY, there are 9 million residents in the city - and only 500,000 residents in the rest of the state.

There are 8 cities that are able to sway a national election - and those 8 cities (metro-areas/city-states) are under democrat-leftist majorities.

All that was needed was a mobilizing factor...and isn't it interesting that at the very time they needed a crisis, they got one.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barbara Boxer scolds general for not calling her "Senator" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools