Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Observation from tonights practice « previous next »
Page: 1

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
: August 01, 2009, 10:50:45 PM

The players wore helmets shoulder pads and shorts.

I sat on the home side on the 30 yard line.

Early on the bucs came out and did some position drills after geting lined up in kickoff formation.(the running backs garham, ward, williams and smith were all fielding them)

I was mainly focusing on McCown and Lefty. McCown had a poorly thrown ball to stovall under threw him by at least a yard, but that was his only bad pass. Leftwhich's delivery is atrocious, it almost looks like a womans fast pitch softball wind up but overhand. he seemed to lead the receivers well in this drill. Bidwell was also throwing with McCown and Leftwhich. The punter has a better release than Leftwhich. That's all im sayin.

Later the team broke into 11 on 11 drills to showcase the basic run packages, or so it said over the loud speaker. McCown split with leftwhich on the 1's. McCown threw a deep ball to Bryant who had Talib all over him in the south endzone both players leaped for the ball but Talib made a nice play on the ball and knocked it away.

A few plays later Leftwhich threw a bomb to Clayton who was blanketed by a safety and a CB not sure who though, clayton ended up coming down with the ball and took it to the house. The crowd erupted.

Ward had a few nice run plays along with smith and williams.

After this session they went into 7-on-7 drills McCown looked the sharpest out of the 4 QB's. Again leftwhich's delivery is holding him back. Freeman made a bad read and threw into triple coverage, the ball was batted away.

Stroughter looked crisp running slant patterns and crossing routes. Outside of antonio bryant, I think he is our best route runner.

Was a pretty neat event all in all. But as far as tonight went the lineup at qb looks to stay the same unless freeman gets into the swing of things and starts picking up the offense and getting adjusted to the game.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Observation from tonights practice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools