Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else fed up with all of these "Men's beauty products"? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #30 : August 04, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »

How is wearing American Eagle and Hollister gay? That crap is expensive for one and dressy. Most girls aren't gonna go for a guy wearing a wife beater and walmart shorts.

It doesnt make you gay to wear that stuff, it just makes you a **CENSORED**.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

« #31 : August 04, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »

How is wearing American Eagle and Hollister gay? That crap is expensive for one and dressy. Most girls aren't gonna go for a guy wearing a wife beater and walmart shorts.

It doesnt make you gay to wear that stuff, it just makes you a **CENSORED**.

Exactly.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #32 : August 04, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »

Theres a difference between Preppy **CENSORED**bag clothing and completely gay clothing. While there are some products at American Eagle that arent too bad (got some nice wallets and shoes/sandals and khakis) the rest of their clothing is pretty homosexual considering they stock mens clothing in XS.

Personally if I am going to dress up Im going to rock the Ralph Lauren Polo collection.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #33 : August 04, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »

does name brand really matter?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #34 : August 04, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

« #35 : August 05, 2009, 12:49:24 AM »

As far as colognes go I have used only Polo Blue, Polo Silver, and Kenneth Cole for the past few years, and they all smell really awesome IMO.

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 05, 2009, 01:21:16 AM »

Haha, some on here are just way too insecure.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #37 : August 05, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »

As far as colognes go I have used only Polo Blue, Polo Silver, and Kenneth Cole for the past few years, and they all smell really awesome IMO.

I never wear cologne.  I just have a naturally decent scent, I guess.  Heck, I've forgotten to put on deoderant before, even worked out but still didn't smell.  Colognes however don't smell right on me...it's weird.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 05, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

I never wear cologne. I just have a naturally decent scent, I guess. Heck, I've forgotten to put on deoderant before, even worked out but still didn't smell. Colognes however don't smell right on me...it's weird.

Yeah that is rare, because by the end of my work day in this heat I would have bad b.o. if I didn't put on deoderant and cologne.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #39 : August 05, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »

I never wear cologne. I just have a naturally decent scent, I guess. Heck, I've forgotten to put on deoderant before, even worked out but still didn't smell. Colognes however don't smell right on me...it's weird.

Yeah that is rare, because by the end of my work day in this heat I would have bad b.o. if I didn't put on deoderant and cologne.

I know right?  And we've had something like 35 days over 100 degrees already this summer.  Maybe it's the fact that I trim under there.  Hair probabaly holds sweat, and therefore bacteria (the cause of b.o.)

bucsense

Practice Squad

« #40 : August 05, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

Depends on who's wearing them.....Wraps from Hollister, American Eagle, or any other high tag chain won't make you a stud....Shaving your gonads, armpits, toes............wearing makeup, taking a bath in cologne, having a subscription to Cosmopolitan won't do it for you either....You either have it, or you don't........

And those that have it, never have to smell that toxic cloud of cologne permeating the air..........they just leave with the ladies.......

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #41 : August 05, 2009, 11:05:45 AM »

Maybe I'm being too rational here, but I always just figured that being attracted to members of the same sex made one gay, rather than the clothing one wears...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #42 : August 05, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »

How is me putting stuff in my hair and using cologne acting like a woman?

No that isn't a problem.

It is when young boys think these products (eg AXE) are a substitute for normal hygiene practices.  Parents are having a hard time coping with this, and trying to teach their children proper hygiene practices (or reinforce what they have taught them).  I do not envy any parent that has to deal with this garbage constantly.

The other problem is these "men beauty products" tend to be highly toxic compared to traditional products which is the double whammy.  Without proper hygiene practices (eg showering and using soap) the danger of applying such toxins on the skin are only amplified as the linger on because they are not washed away in a timely fashion.

That is my real concern about these men beauty products.  But I do find the AXE detailer laughable if I must say. :D

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #43 : August 05, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »

How is me putting stuff in my hair and using cologne acting like a woman?

No that isn't a problem.

It is when young boys think these products (eg AXE) are a substitute for normal hygiene practices.  Parents are having a hard time coping with this, and trying to teach their children proper hygiene practices (or reinforce what they have taught them).  I do not envy any parent that has to deal with this garbage constantly.

The other problem is these "men beauty products" tend to be highly toxic compared to traditional products which is the double whammy.  Without proper hygiene practices (eg showering and using soap) the danger of applying such toxins on the skin are only amplified as the linger on because they are not washed away in a timely fashion.

That is my real concern about these men beauty products.  But I do find the AXE detailer laughable if I must say. :D

I don't have teenage boys myself, but my daughter brings quite a few of her male friends around, and from what I've seen (outside looking in admittedly) I don't see the issue of products in lieu of hygene.  Even her long haired rocker friends are quite clean.  Not sure where your take comes from, could you offer some insight?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else fed up with all of these "Men's beauty products"? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools