Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: your opinion please « previous next »
Page: 1

drywallbuc

Starter

: August 04, 2009, 10:36:23 PM

glazers said at the time of grudens firing "there was a youth movement in coaches as well as players in the nfl, and they did not want to miss out on a young morris like the oppurtunity they feel they missed  with lovie smith".  i can deffinatley (sp) see the youth movement in players, cause i can remember people being 37 38 finishing up with thier careers 15 yrs ago. now its 31 32 and people talking about losing a step.  my question is do you think all those years writing on chalk boards by older coaches is easily replaced by a young fresh mind? does a young coach have enough experience?

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#1 : August 04, 2009, 10:43:15 PM

In the end it doesnt matter what you are. Old or young you better be putting the W's up.

calibucfan15

Starter

#2 : August 04, 2009, 10:46:26 PM

Nothing can beat experience. But at the same time this is a new day and age where the game of football and the philosophy has evolved. All those innovative minds many years ago has pretty much become the fundamentals of today. All the old schemes and ideas are what kids are being coached now at a young age. So the need for a new generation of young minds is necessary and its inevitably happening. I hear so many people bashing the spread offense and the wildcat. They say it's going to fail and be out of the league in a year. i truly doubt that. I think we'll begin to see more and more teams actually running the spread and i beleive it will thrive. If you think about all the teams in college football that are running the spread its hard to find a pro offense QB. To compensate for that NFL teams will begin to implement the spread. The spread has actually already hit the NFL slowly. KC ran it last year for Thigpen. They took quite a few spread concepts and put them in the playbook because he was used to the spread in college. The evolution of football at its finest.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#3 : August 04, 2009, 10:48:28 PM

Nothing can beat experience. But at the same time this is a new day and age where the game of football and the philosophy has evolved. All those innovative minds many years ago has pretty much become the fundamentals of today. All the old schemes and ideas are what kids are being coached now at a young age. So the need for a new generation of young minds is necessary and its inevitably happening. I hear so many people bashing the spread offense and the wildcat. They say it's going to fail and be out of the league in a year. i truly doubt that. I think we'll begin to see more and more teams actually running the spread and i beleive it will thrive. If you think about all the teams in college football that are running the spread its hard to find a pro offense QB. To compensate for that NFL teams will begin to implement the spread. The spread has actually already hit the NFL slowly. KC ran it last year for Thigpen. They took quite a few spread concepts and put them in the playbook because he was used to the spread in college. The evolution of football at its finest.

The spread has already worked in the NFL. The pats have been using it for a long time.

calibucfan15

Starter

#4 : August 04, 2009, 10:52:53 PM

The spread has already worked in the NFL. The pats have been using it for a long time.

Thats what i'm saying. i just used KC as an example because many buc fans probably seen that game.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 04, 2009, 10:53:32 PM

Spread yes, the spread option which is what he was talking about.

Being an HC isn't really about X's and O's. It is about organization, motivation and administration. I'm not sure experience helps all that much. Game management is part of the job and that ain't rocket science since any of us who play Madden know the drill on that. The last thing is the personality of the HC - will he try the odd onside kick, go for it on 4th and 1 at their 40 yard line. Those sorts of things which, again, aren't about experience. Caoches are either good or bad. I'm not sure doing the job matters all that much and for guys like Jimmy Johnson and John Gruden both of them sorta got worse the longer they did it - and really Dungy hit the wall in Tampa as well so there's something to say for a different way of doing things.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: your opinion please « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools