Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You wanted the trifecta you got it... Harry Douglas reportedly tears ACL « previous next »
Page: 1

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

: August 05, 2009, 10:19:45 PM

Our injuries don't seem as bad compared to whats happening to the Saints Panthers and Falcons. Let's hope our guys can keep themselves from watching from the sidelines

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 05, 2009, 10:17:24 PM

per rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Falcons receiver/returner Harry Douglas suffered a torn ACL in Wednesday's practice.
Douglas, the No. 84 overall pick in 2008, quickly emerged as an inside threat on offense last year, racking up 23 catches in the slot position. He was also the Falcons' go-to guy on punt returns. Tony Gonzalez and Michael Jenkins will be leaned on more heavily now, while Roddy White will continue to hold out. GM Thomas Dimitroff suddenly regrets ever trading Laurent Robinson.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 05, 2009, 10:21:48 PM

Douglas is also their best special teams man. Big time blow to Atlanta offense douglas was practicing with the first team since White is holding out.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 05, 2009, 10:34:41 PM

Harry Douglass...

Great name.  Good player.

Sorry to see him go...hope he recovers as soon as possible.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 05, 2009, 10:43:11 PM

I will not rejoice in any team's injuries.... they're too easy to come by.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 05, 2009, 11:08:58 PM

We'll get ours at some point so I've got no joy in this.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#6 : August 05, 2009, 11:11:40 PM

This means as of right now Michael Jenkins is the #1 WR lol.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 06, 2009, 12:24:02 AM

I feel bad for any team that loses one of their boys, but If it helps our chances I can't really complain.

We are all even in that respect imo.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 06, 2009, 01:25:53 AM

As much as I hate the Falcons, I actually enjoyed watching Douglas play, he is an exciting player. Hopefully its not too severe and he makes it back on the field late in the regular season.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 06, 2009, 02:44:19 AM

He wasn't THAT much of a factor in the game when we played them. He's a threat though because of his speed but I'm more worried about White and Gonzalez. Jenkins is the red zone situational threat but we play the Falgoons tough so I'm expecting a sweep this year.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 06, 2009, 04:21:32 AM

We've had to deal with the hardships of Caddilac for the past 5 years. Nobody from the NFC South has had a more injured first round top 5 pick other then Tampa. Hopefully we can have a healthy camp and not have another "Davin Joseph" injury *knock on wood*

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 06, 2009, 01:33:43 PM

I've never been the type to be happy about another team's injury.   I've also never been one to complain and say I'd rather play them at full strength.    A win is a win and sometimes their injuries help you get your wins. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You wanted the trifecta you got it... Harry Douglas reportedly tears ACL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools