Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa town hall meeting on govnt healthcare turns violent and ugly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 07, 2009, 07:43:22 AM

All those people need to go home and get a life and find better use of their time!

Auditioning for the Quality of Life Czar are we? King George III said something alongs these lines back in the day to some of his loyalists, too.

So what good came out of tonight's meeting other than a small riot?

You know, I'm just not sure because I wasn't there. Were you?

But I can tell you this, a whole lot more good had an opportunity to come out then would have been the case if everyone just went home and shut up and found something better (that part just kills me, what can be better then trying to take an active part in our own governing) to do as you suggest.

And I'll tell you another good thing I would like to have come out of this small riot as you put it. I would hope that my elected representative got her eyes opened to the people that she is supposed to represent and saw that many of them just might not be in favor or totally pleased with the job she has done to date.  I selfishly hope she soiled herself and that was why she had to leave so quickly because she has yet to answer one of the 20 odd letters I have sent her or been available for any of the phone calls I have placed to her office.

Now, would it be better for you if I just went home, shut up and found something better to do? Wait a minute, I am home.....

What I'm saying is that most people barely have enough time to take care of all the things that need attention in their own homes, much less go running around to town hall meetings to b*tch about the government.

Which is what led to the term "silent majority" and has played a major part in creating the issues this country has - so if you believe continuing silence is the key - continue.  Watch the video - did you see an organized mob - or did you see your neighbors?  You can decide.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 07, 2009, 07:47:34 AM

And someone should have told Castor this is a real issue - seating for less than 200 - does she get tv, radio, internet - or do we need to scribble her a phonetic note with crayolas?  Idiocy in preparation or trying to set a scene using SEIU/ACORN - which btw is one in the same.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ranman

Pro Bowler
#17 : August 07, 2009, 08:02:04 AM

I wasn't there - though from what I have read and seen - it sounds like the same shouting points from the other previous meetings the news has picked up.  I do think there were some sincere folk in the meeting and outside.  I am also convinced that the Neo-Con Glenn Beck vocals were there as well.

as with EVERYTHING - including these boards - the idiots on the extremes are trying to be the voice for most of us in the middle.  They don't get it.  Glenn Beck calling our President a Racist doesn't help my family with our day to day struggles.  Pelosi and Reid's antics don't do me any favors.  We are more upset with the Clunker program funding the foreign cars than we are with our "American" car makers opening up plants overseas.  Idiocracy............

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 07, 2009, 08:10:43 AM

Watch the news - bay news 9 is looping their report - it was you neighbors.  A couple of wannabes no doubt - there always will be - but overall it is you neighbors.  They don't like getting pushed - they don't want their government to create an economic mess - and voting for bills one hasn't read/understood is unacceptable.

Damned Americans.

And for the record - those who are upset with our industry leaders moving their manufacturing plants, and jobs, overseas are upset - that it is a financial benefit to the American Companies is the problem.  It says a lot when they can include the overseas replication of their plants and get it done for less, and ship it back to the USA for sale... something is wrong here - a harder message to get through - for folks in Congress who are getting paid off by the very same companies to look the other way...

ranman

Pro Bowler
#19 : August 07, 2009, 08:16:26 AM

I am tired of the **CENSORED**ing from both sides.  I am trying to put my head around offering a grass roots solution.  Just not there yet - although I am convinced the "Noise" isn't making my life nor income - nor taxes - nor insurance premiums any better.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#20 : August 07, 2009, 08:22:00 AM

Not all union members are 'drunk on Obama'.......Castor represents south Tampa huh?  Does that include Palma Ceia, Hyde Park, and the Bayshore district?  Some pretty smart and wealthy folks in those areas.......maybe she's confused....

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 07, 2009, 10:12:41 AM

All those people need to go home and get a life and find better use of their time!

Auditioning for the Quality of Life Czar are we? King George III said something alongs these lines back in the day to some of his loyalists, too.

But I can tell you this, a whole lot more good had an opportunity to come out then would have been the case if everyone just went home and shut up and found something better (that part just kills me, what can be better then trying to take an active part in our own governing) to do as you suggest.

And I'll tell you another good thing I would like to have come out of this small riot as you put it. I would hope that my elected representative got her eyes opened to the people that she is supposed to represent and saw that many of them just might not be in favor or totally pleased with the job she has done to date. I selfishly hope she soiled herself and that was why she had to leave so quickly because she has yet to answer one of the 20 odd letters I have sent her or been available for any of the phone calls I have placed to her office.

Now, would it be better for you if I just went home, shut up and found something better to do? Wait a minute, I am home.....

What I'm saying is that most people barely have enough time to take care of all the things that need attention in their own homes, much less go running around to town hall meetings to b*tch about the government.
This post has my vote for the weakest rationale I have ever heard. Perhaps these people are more organized and have different priorities then you, but that is where you are having trouble, isn't it. People shouldn't have priorities that differ from yours.

Then again, maybe some of these people are paid to be there to disrupt, maybe they came on the same tour bus that was sent to "view" the AIG executives' homes. We know who those people are.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 07, 2009, 10:21:47 AM

Actually, Chrispy/O.S. Buc  76's thinking has been the thinking of the majority of Americans for the last 100 years or so - just sit back and watch.

I'm glad to see more and more American's finally waking up and wanting to take control of their government back.  These goons work for us, and continually ignore the will of their constituents through their voting.  Sent them packin', folks.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 07, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

I am tired of the **CENSORED**ing from both sides.  I am trying to put my head around offering a grass roots solution.  Just not there yet - although I am convinced the "Noise" isn't making my life nor income - nor taxes - nor insurance premiums any better.

It sounds like both sides have an equal stake in the argument. Your life, your income - definitely your taxes - and the quality of the care that your government insurance premiums can buy, are all VERY MUCH at stake.

What if your insurance premium is this: since you did not stand up to resist run away spending the economy tanked, you lose your job (income) and then your taxes are jacked through the roof?

What would you do if you found out - after healthcare reform is passed - that your grandma can no longer qualify for a hip replacement or even her angina medicine because the government administrater of the government insurance says she's too old for those types of procedures or medications?

Would you feel angry?

What about if you needed an operation, so you go ahead and have the procedure. Then two months later you start bouncing checks - but you know your bank account had plenty of money in it...you call the bank only to find out that the Federal government has gone into your bank account and deducted the cost it feels you should have paid for the procedure.

Would you think that you had been robbed?

Those were real examples of what CITIZENS - Independents, Democrats and Republicans - have all discovered AFTER reading the presidents healthcare bill.

That is AFTER these self-same people see their government expand the national debt by $1 trillion dollars in 6 months. After they saw the presidents emergency "stimulus" bill - all $787 billion of it - except only 5% of that money has been pushed into the economy? They have only released $39 billion for road work and the $1 billion on "cash for clunkers" program - what happened to the other $747 billion we HAD to spend to A) to immediately stimulate the economy and B) to keep unemployment under 8% (P.S. unemployment is well above 10%).

Perhaps millions of voters who were tired of politics and took this president at his word when he said he would: 1) allow 5 days of debate for every bill (then watched as he rammed 3 of the most expensive bills ever created - thru congress overnight) 2) promised he would not raise middle class taxes one penny (then they heard this president say last week that he may have to re-think that), 3) heard this president say that he would be cutting more than spending (except he's doubled the size of the budget in his first 6 months)...4) When the auto dealers logged onto the government website and read a message that tells them that if they continue through the screens to process the rebate for their customers - your computer becomes property of the government...

5) when regular citizens show up to protest the healthcare bill that their congress person intends to support - they are met by THUGS - bus loads of UNION WORKERS trucked into south Tampa to intimidate mom's, dad's, and grandparents...YOU SHOULD BE VERY TROUBLED THAT YOUR GOVERNMENT WOULD DO THIS TO SILENCE THOSE THAT DON'T AGREE WITH THEM.

I could continue, but frankly folks like you ranman - my Buckeye friend - who REFUSE to understand what is at stake, are playing into the hands of the government propagandists.

These issues we're all shouting at our congressional representatives about - are CRITICAL and YOU must educate yourself about what is in these bills.

I'll leave you with a quote from Samuel Adams: "...If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen..."

Incomparable sig by Incognito

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 07, 2009, 11:39:43 AM

People are concerned about the government getting too big and too out of control. There is nothing wrong with voters being vocal with their opinions. I know this pisses off those in power but that's a good thing. We need government to fear the people in order for government to be held in check.

We can't have a fair debate on health reform because the liberals know they would lose that debate. That's why they have to have these staged meetings and staged questions. Remember that town hall meeting Obama had a month or so ago that had a specific list of people who were allowed in and a specific list of questions that can be asked? They made sure opponets could not be let in. Even the White House press corp and Helen Thomas called out the administration on that farce.

In the end, people are finally figuring out that Obama is all hype and not the savior they thought he was.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#25 : August 07, 2009, 11:37:57 AM

And I'll tell you another good thing I would like to have come out of this small riot as you put it. I would hope that my elected representative got her eyes opened to the people that she is supposed to represent and saw that many of them just might not be in favor or totally pleased with the job she has done to date. I selfishly hope she soiled herself and that was why she had to leave so quickly because she has yet to answer one of the 20 odd letters I have sent her or been available for any of the phone calls I have placed to her office.

Right so just sit on your hands and thumb yourself in the process. Why don't lefties **CENSORED** when the millions of other protests by left wing fanatics and illegals.. Oh that's right they are sticking up for their rights... Goes both ways not like the bi curious Tri Delt!!

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 07, 2009, 11:44:55 AM

This country is on edge...all we need is a lil push toward civil war...

bucsense

Practice Squad

#27 : August 07, 2009, 11:45:19 AM

I am tired of the **CENSORED**ing from both sides. I am trying to put my head around offering a grass roots solution. Just not there yet - although I am convinced the "Noise" isn't making my life nor income - nor taxes - nor insurance premiums any better.

It sounds like both sides have an equal stake in the argument. Your life, your income - definitely your taxes - and the quality of the care of your insurance premiums can buy are all VERY MUCH at stake.

What if your insurance premium is this: since you did not stand up to resist run away spending the economy tanked, you lose your job (income) and then your taxes are jacked through the roof -

What would you do if you found out - after healthcare reform is passed - that your grandma can no longer qualify for a hip replacement or even her angina medicine because the government administrater of the government insurance says she's too old for those types of procedures or medications?

Would you feel angry?

What about if you needed an operation, so you go ahead and have the procedure. Then two months later you start bouncing checks - but you know your bank account had plenty of money in it...you call the bank only to find out that the Federal government has gone into your bank account and deducted the cost it feels you should have paid for the procedure.

Would you think that you had been robbed?

Those were real examples of what CITIZENS - Independents, Democrats and Republicans - have all discovered AFTER reading the presidents healthcare bill.

That is AFTER these self-same people see their government expand the national debt by $1 trillion dollars in 6 months. After they saw the presidents emergency "stimulus" bill - all $787 billion of it - except only 5% of that money has been pushed into the economy? They have only released $39 billion for road work and the $1 billion on "cash for clunkers" program - what happened to the other $747 billion we HAD to spend to A) to immediately stimulate the economy and B) to keep unemployment under 8% (P.S. unemployment is well above 10%).

Perhaps millions of voters who were tired of politics and took this president at his word when he said he would: 1) allow 5 days of debate for every bill (then watched as he rammed 3 of the most expensive bills ever created - thru congress overnight) 2) promised he would not raise middle class taxes one penny (then they heard this president say last week that he may have to re-think that), 3) heard this president say that he would be cutting more than spending (except he's doubled the size of the budget in his first 6 months)...4) When the auto dealers logged onto the government website and read a message that tells them that if they continue through the screens to process the rebate for their customers - your computer becomes property of the government...

5) when regular citizens show up to protest the healthcare bill that their congress person intends to support - they are met by THUGS - bus loads of UNION WORKERS trucked into south Tampa to intimidate mom's, dad's, and grandparents...YOU SHOULD BE VERY TROUBLED THAT YOUR GOVERNMENT WOULD DO THIS TO SILENCE THOSE THAT DON'T AGREE WITH THEM.

I could continue, but frankly folks like you ranman - my Buckeye friend - who REFUSE to understand what is at stake.

These issues we're all shouting at our congressional representatives about - are CRITICAL and YOU must educate yourself about what is in these bills.

I'll leave you with a quote from Samuel Adams: "...If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you[/u], and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen..."

Hot dang Ranman.......I'm very interested in how you counter the above........

bucsense

Practice Squad

#28 : August 07, 2009, 11:52:35 AM

This country is on edge...all we need is a lil push toward civil war...

Careful King.......this blog is probably being monitered for any mention of unrest and dissension........Might not be civil, but revolutionary....

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 07, 2009, 12:42:30 PM

They key word here is REPRESENTATIVE. This person was elected to REPRESENT her constituents. If she is not prepared to listen how can she represent?

She can even be so bold as to say she does not agree with them and is going to vote for it anyway, you have the ballot box to fire me next year. But she does have to listen. That's her job!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa town hall meeting on govnt healthcare turns violent and ugly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools