Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skull & Bones this should make you nervous...it scares the heck out of me « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 06, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »

Definitely some scary crap.

I believe they have "changed the wording" now, though.

What's the new wording? I don't know if the wording I;ve seen is changed or not but from what I've seen I think it's a pretty good idea if it's dealing with trying to offset disinformation  ...

They have taken away the "your computer is Federal property" garbage, I believe.

What disinformation are you referring to?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 06, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »

Actually - they removed the language, but did they repudiate the language? That means they removed the language but:

A) What about the folks that actually agreed to the language prior to the government removing the language?

B) Did the government remove the language while leaving the intent intact?

BucsBullsBolts - here's how this is a problem: if George Bush had asked for this information in order to allow a dealership to receive a rebate - would you have given it to that government?

If you work from home and used your wifes computer to process the rebate - you illegally surrendered her rights and allowed the government to invade her privacy...

Now, you wanna see something really scary?

Feds Get Real Time Access to Patient Bank Accounts Under Obamacare

"...It's not long before the reader encounters just how far-reaching and invasive this bill really is. On page 57, under section 163, there is something that would give the government power to reach into benefits recipients' bank accounts. It is called "Administrative Simplification," and Subsection 1173A of this measure, "Standardize Electronic Transactions" has a provision (a)(2)(B) that ensures that this new governmental power..."

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 06, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »

Definitely some scary crap.

I believe they have "changed the wording" now, though.

What's the new wording? I don't know if the wording I;ve seen is changed or not but from what I've seen I think it's a pretty good idea if it's dealing with trying to offset disinformation  ...

They have taken away the "your computer is Federal property" garbage, I believe.

What disinformation are you referring to?

Maybe we're talking about 2 diffeent things .... I'm talking about this:

On Tuesday, the White House posted a blog that asked supporters to report "fishy" information they come across about the health insurance debate. The appeal was made at the end of the blog, which showed a video that countered a set of online clips that made it look like Obama wanted to eliminate private coverage.

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there," the blog concludes. "Since we can't keep track of all of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/06/critics-accuse-white-house-playing-big-brother-health-care-debate/?test=latestnews

And really also thought this was talking about disinformation in general, not just healthcare ... Seen too many right wing wacko spam emails posted here, and other places, that are outright lies, half truths, whatever, and would be nice if the other side had a chance to react to them on a site for just that purpose ... besides Snopes.  ;)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 07, 2009, 12:02:52 AM »

Unfortunately - like everything else from this president - you are being mislead.

Just push play...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 07, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »

BBB,

It appears we were talking about 2 different things.  I was referring to the Cash for Clunkers wording.

As far as the new "Disinformation Czar," well, George Orwell is a prophet.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skull & Bones this should make you nervous...it scares the heck out of me « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools