Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Collector « previous next »
Page: 1

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

: August 07, 2009, 01:02:18 AM

I saw the movie today with my best friend and our two dates and walk away completely in awe.

I normally don't like sick and twisted movies because I fear it gives people bad ideas, but nontheless i enjoy going to see a scary movie every now and than.

Even though this movie is extremely gory, torturing and sick, it was a very well thought out movie and extremely well done. If anybody is into "scary movies" I recommend you go see this movie "The Collector" you are at the edge of your seat throughout the whole movie and are shocked at every twist and turn. Just be prepared for a very violent movie.

If anybody else has seen this movie, tell me what you think without revealing any spoilers to people that could be curious into watching it themselves. I know most of the time we all like to put our selves in the hero shoes and the captives shoes and say "well I would have done this", but their wasn't a part in the movie (besides the part when he had the option of fleeing) that I felt I could have done a better job (except when the chandelier fell and them choosing to run). Anyway I don't want to give away to much, tell me what you guys think!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 07, 2009, 01:30:51 AM

I haven't seen it yet, but a buddy of mine saw it and said it was awesome. With that said, I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it in the near future.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 07, 2009, 01:36:00 AM

I was going to see that tonight but instead I went and watched Funny People.

People keep raving about how Sick and Twisted The Orphan was. The Collector might be worth seeing ( Seeing as I don't pay anything for movies)

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 07, 2009, 01:49:45 AM

People keep raving about how Sick and Twisted The Orphan was. The Collector might be worth seeing ( Seeing as I don't pay anything for movies)
Funny how all three movies you named were the only movies we talked about seeing.

Funny People wasn't "funny looking" to my friend (I'm still gonna see it, Adam Sandler is the actor i grew up watching. Couldn't be a funnier, goofier nice guy.

The Orphan is just like every other movie, adopted kid not like anyone else, goes physco and kills the everyone in the way one by one. Seen to many movies like it, most recently the movie when the girl had a twin brother who was trying to get out and into the human world". Anyway, those movies just don't interest me or my friends. But that's just our opinions.

Collector is very interesting though. I know there is going to be a squeal, there are so many ways they can go with it, explain the killers motifs, the childs new life, the family's backgrounds, the collected and of course the next hit.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 07, 2009, 02:03:26 AM

you need to go see The Hurt Locker. That movie is friggin awesome, and its got surprisingly alot of funny moments in it.

One movie I hoped for a sequel or at least a continuation with it was Cloverfield...thats just an untapped story of possibilities. But The Collector seems like an interesting movie to go see.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#5 : August 07, 2009, 02:07:17 AM

One critic prolly summed it up best with this film: It's Saw meets The Strangers.

I'll pass.

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#6 : August 07, 2009, 03:17:45 AM

Funny People? That movie looked terrible. Why would you spend a dollar on that garbage?

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Collector « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools