Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have witnessed first hand a Draft Day Screw up. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 07, 2009, 11:35:57 AM

I don't recall Bush being drafted as a WR. I am referring to the undeserved hype slathered all over these guys before they ever take a meaningful snap in the league.

Bush is an NFL player with a body of work. Harvin? Not yet.

Bush got undeserved hype from everyone.

Harvin gets undeserved hype from Gator fans.

;D

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 07, 2009, 11:43:26 AM

Now that they are not getting Favre, who do you think Vikings fans would rather have Percy Harving or Freeman?

Harvin.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 07, 2009, 11:45:50 AM

Rumor has it that Harvin has already been selected for admittance to the Pro Football Hall of Fame because people were so impressed by his few weeks of  training camp.

Safety Tyrell Johnson  has been selected as Percy's presenter.  Tyrell has long been known in NFL circles as the greatest evaluator of talent in NFL history which of course is the reason for Percy's early entry selection. ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D :D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 07, 2009, 11:49:52 AM

Rumor has it that Harvin has already been selected for admittance to the Pro Football Hall of Fame because people were so impressed by his few weeks of  training camp.

Maybe his shoes will be put in the HoF mid-way through his rookie season. That will guarantee that he will be one of the league's top-10 talents each and every season.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#34 : August 07, 2009, 11:55:18 AM

Harvin is an immediate impact player.   Freeman wasn't drafted with that in mind.   Down the road, Freeman could pay much higher dividends.   The smaller guys have the most injury issues and that might be Percy's biggest challenge.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 07, 2009, 11:55:31 AM

I sometimes find myself in shock after reading some of the posts on this board.   I can't believe there are Bucs fans who actually think this way.    A week into training camp and this dolt is comparing NFL careers for a couple of rookies who don't even play the same position.    It's not just this board that's going downhill....it's the average IQ of the typical NFL fan.   Get a grip, LoganBucs.    You're on the Java path to crazy.  

Buc31

Starter

#36 : August 07, 2009, 12:27:53 PM

Oh yes.  A week into training camp and all has been told.  Why even play the season?  Lets just wrap it up now and call the Vikings the champions and relegate the Bucs to the UFL.  Based on this post right here I am actually not even going to watch the Bucs this season.  I am so glad you made this post because with this post I am able to really relax this fall and concentrate on more important things in my life.  This post right here has changed my life with its insight on America's great sport.  You have awakened many my friend.  Thanks and gratitude go out to you.  You are amazing. 

Classic!

#37 : August 07, 2009, 12:45:33 PM

yawn.....   Harvin hasnt been tackled by an NFL caliber LB or safety yet.   Harvin will be MORE injury prone than Reggie Bush.   his injuries will make Percy Harvin a complete bust.   

Madman

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 07, 2009, 01:01:02 PM

Harvin is a special talent for sure and was a steal at that point in the draft. I'll be amazed if he doesn't make an immediate impact on Sundays esp in that offense on that turf.

Having said that, he's a WR. If Freeman turns out the way we hope, a franchise QB is far more valuable.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#39 : August 07, 2009, 01:44:20 PM

Harvin and Freeman are kinda in the same situation.

Amazing pysical skills, but the finer points of the game still need to be ironed out for them.

Freeman: mechanics, decison making

Harvin: route running.

But since harvin plays a skill postion, he has a chance to make an imimmediate impact.

Harvin pans out, and we have a GREAT set of skill players, that will stick together for 5 years.

Freeman pans out, we have a legit Franchise QB, an face of the franchise, for the next 12 years.

I was FREAKING out draft day when we passed on harvin and maclin, cause they were flashy pics, that would have imimmediate impact. but after calming down, I think we had a good draft and picked up a QB with the most physical upside in the NFL right now, and drafted players that have the potential to be big parts of our defense in a few years(Williams, Moore, Biggers).

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

#40 : August 07, 2009, 03:30:28 PM

This will be the final year that people are critical of Florida recievers....Louis Murphy and Percy Harvin are going to be ballers in the NFL

T

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 07, 2009, 01:53:24 PM

Wow talk about pre-mature that's why I left these boards for so long. Not enough educated football fans on here. Absolutely NO ONE knows if someone is a bust or not after what 5-6 training camp practices? I'm a Gator fan and love Harvin, but his injuries at UF, would've steered me clear of him. Harvin had what 4-6 weeks to heal to play Oklahoma, in the NFL that would've meant 5 missed games.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 07, 2009, 01:54:43 PM

Breaking News: Careers aren't made in training camp.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 07, 2009, 01:55:41 PM

"You have witnessed first hand and Draft Screw up."  As well as a grammatical screw up ;)

All kidding aside, I would rather have had Harvin with our first pick, and waited till next year to pull the trigger on a 1st round QB.  Next year's crop is far superior to this years.  Kind of reminds me of the Alex Smith draft.  Desperation to draft a QB usually doesn't end well.  I'd perfer to have a Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford over a Josh Freeman...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 07, 2009, 01:57:18 PM

All kidding aside, I would rather have had Harvin with our first pick, and waited till next year to pull the trigger on a 1st round QB.  Next year's crop is far superior to this years.  Kind of reminds me of the Alex Smith draft.  Desperation to draft a QB usually doesn't end well.  I'd perfer to have a Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford over a Josh Freeman...
Maybe we ended up with Aaron Rodgers while Detroit and New York ended up with Alex Smith.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have witnessed first hand a Draft Day Screw up. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools