Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did you guys see Sean Taylor. . . « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 11, 2007, 03:56:12 PM

Well and big tough Taylor goes all out and lays out the punter. Great. I guess after Pittman whacked him he's a bit gunshy about real players. What a chump.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#16 : February 11, 2007, 03:58:23 PM

speaking of getting hurt...does anybody know the status of drew brees?

well he didnt get hurt in his throwing arm, and from what ive read its not that serious, he will be ready for TC

#17 : February 11, 2007, 04:30:23 PM

That was a nice hit.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 11, 2007, 04:40:03 PM

Certainly did look like that hit was unnecessary for the type of game they were playing in. I know the announcers drone on about how you have to play full speed in the pro bowl, it's just like every other game, but come on. No one believes that and I do think there is an "understanding" to not hit anyone full out. That's why there's no blitzing from the defense. I'm sure there will be some payback along the way for Taylor for that.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#19 : February 11, 2007, 04:52:28 PM

I thought the hit was cheap considering it was the pro bowl and that hey was going to be 5 yards short of the first down regardless.  If you go back and look at it, you can see all the other players on defense, just pushing the play out of bounds, including derrick brooks.  Taylor comes in full speed, lowers his shoulder and completely obliterates Moorman for no reason.  It is the pro bowl where big hits are usually a no-no.  I bet the reaction to the play would have been much more critical if Moorman hadn't popped right up.  I mean what a senseless play if he had been seriously injured. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 11, 2007, 06:07:16 PM

nah. the way you guys were describing it i thought taylor pulled a Lavar Arrington from his Penn St days.  Arrington used to destroy college punters as they jogged upfield after they got the punt off, even if they weren't trying to chase the punt returner.  but in taylor's case, it was a fake punt and the punter has to protect himself.  the guy chose not to duck out of bounds and tried to SLOWLY cut back inside with the pursuit bearing down on him.  you can tell he never carries the ball because he is running fully upright and not at all bracing himelf for a collision.  very aggressive hit but clean. 

#21 : February 11, 2007, 07:51:09 PM

I dunno about you guys, but I loved the hit. Thats what punters get for trying to run with the ball. It wasn't an overly agressive hit, Mormon is built like a stick and easy as hell to knock over. If that had been a normal return man, no way he takes that big a licking. Still though, great hit.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : February 11, 2007, 11:00:49 PM

Brees dislocated his non throwing arm elbow.  And it's stupid to try to hurt someone in the probowl!  I always wished Pitt had smacked him.

#23 : February 11, 2007, 11:03:53 PM

Quick someone post the Pittman / panties pic!

#24 : February 11, 2007, 11:08:40 PM

Marshall Faulk was talking about the hit on NFLN. He went to interview Shawn Taylor after the hit and Taylor said it wasn't a big deal...."It was only the punter".

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : February 11, 2007, 11:13:18 PM

Marshall Faulk was talking about the hit on NFLN. He went to interview Shawn Taylor after the hit and Taylor said it wasn't a big deal...."It was only the punter".
Geez!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did you guys see Sean Taylor. . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools