Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban gets new contract « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

LFO

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 19, 2009, 08:40:36 PM

It's no secret Zook was/is a great recruiter, so not sure where the classes matter in that regard.  He has done very well at even Illinois.

The previous 3 classes were Urban's, not Zook's ...

I don't think the facilities is all about recruiting,

Maybe not all about, but "most importantly" ...

Weird though out of all of that stuf fin the article you pull that out....

It's weird that I actually took the time to read it ...  8)

And I pulled it out because it just seemed strange, to me, that Urban would have whined complained about the facilities, especially hinting that it played a hand in recruiting when UF recruiting has not really been a problem ...

I apologize, I thought you were referring to before Urban got there.  Even so, the fact that Urban and/or Zook had good classes with the old facilities is irrelevant.  Just because you have done as good or better than most doesn't mean you couldn't have done even better. 

I don't think it is strange at all...everyone is looking for an upgrade, especially when compared with your peers you are far behind..and UF was.

Kind of like how the Bucs facilities were outdated.  A prime reason for wanting them upgraded was FA.  I do believe there was mentions of some FA coming here and looking at facilities and saying "pass."  Obviously, at the end of the day a winning team and money will talk....but it doesn't hurt to have that "extra" bonus going for you.  I think that is all Urban was saying.  Of course, yeah, given the sunshine, elite team, and coaching staff UF will be attractive to most anyone...but if a recruit is split between 2 teams, and one has a nice, huge, plush facility....you don't think that might be the tie breaker?

I don't call that whining at all...I call that being smart and using your resources.  Facilities do play a part.....regardless of how UF was doing, it was important to upgrade and get them on par or ahead of the competition. 
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban gets new contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools