Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: questions for christians « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Thomas

Starter

#15 : August 09, 2009, 07:48:54 PM

God made the devil good like everything. The devil chose to temp eve and lie. He is the father of the lie. He was prolly jealous of Jesus.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 09, 2009, 11:20:37 PM

God made the devil good like everything. The devil chose to temp eve and lie. He is the father of the lie. He was prolly jealous of Jesus.

But God knew the Devil would choose to tempt Eve and lie, so he was responsible for the Devil and evil ....

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 09, 2009, 09:49:01 PM

haha ok.. well who made the devil? everything was made by god. have you ever read the book of job? seems like god gave this power to the devil, so yes by GOD.

Obviously angels have free-will, or at least the devil did. Why was lucifer set to hell, remind me? God kicked him out, he didn't tell him what to do with his free time. But, if you are looking for "blame" on ANYTHING or everything, it can all be traced back to god...if you want to be THAT guy. I mean, I could blame a pimple on my butt on god, if i wanted to be that way.

god could have easily destroyed the devil. once again, read job, and you will see that god gave the devil the control over evil, so god obviously wanted evil.

im not here to bash christians,

Based on your subsequent posts, it seems you are.

i have no problem with christians who take whats good from the word and use it to a path of enlightenment. i do, however, have a problem with hell fire radical christians, or radical religious people in general.

I have nothing invested in arguing about this. I am a christian myself, and I could have a problem with it, but I have no problem with what others believe, nor will I push my religion on anyone else. I even look at myself as being somewhat of a scientific person, but I still happen to believe in god. Even Aristotle back in 600 AD suggested an "unmoved-mover", which at the time, [and even now] people hardly understood the thought of it.

I don't know where you get your information from. There are like five Bibles out there.

Here's the very-very short story that I know of: Lucifer was in heaven with god, and everything was good. Then one day, Lucifer wanted to be next to god on the throne, and of course, god wasn't having that. So he sent him to [purgatory] hell (basically a place FOR him). I don't think there was anything said to Satan about gathering evil souls. That was the Devils idea, not Gods.

Besides, One HAS to have "evil" to have such a thing as "good", otherwise there would be neither. Look at it from a "gods" perspective... There HAS to be independant thought to build a civilization if you wanted to. Especially if you aren't going to physically BE there, like a farmer over it's herd.

The book was wrote by men, not God, So there are bound to be some exaggerations and missed details, so each and every one of us could be wrong about what we think we know anyway. It really IS a dumb arguement from either side that just keeps perpetuating itself. I do not want to lose friends, future-friends, or make enemies over this topic. It's just simply what believe.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: questions for christians « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools