Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: McCOWN TO START FIRST PRESEASON GAME FOR BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18

k_bassuka

Starter

: August 08, 2009, 09:24:03 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 10, 2009, 04:00:08 AM

I'm just worried about the fighting fortress taking a beating if he does get the nod. I just don't think he can be coached regarding his release, he's just naturally slow. And the Buccaneers are clearly facing some pass rushing teams, especially all of our rivals in the NFC south whom we play twice every year.

Start Luke McCown.

bucshot6

Second String

#2 : August 10, 2009, 07:22:09 AM

I'm just worried about the fighting fortress taking a beating if he does get the nod. I just don't think he can be coached regarding his release, he's just naturally slow. And the Buccaneers are clearly facing some pass rushing teams, especially all of our rivals in the NFC south whom we play twice every year.

Start Luke McCown.

Leftwich doesnt look too slow in this video behind the WORST O-line in Football last season. How do you explain the quick reads and timely passing? Do explain.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29657&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2008&week=REG9

bucshot6

Second String

#3 : August 10, 2009, 07:19:27 AM

Boidfink- Ok your contention is that Byron is average and I agree with you, never said he was GREAT. I just said he is better than Luke and the numbers support that.  If Leftwich is average then what is McCown? You want us to start a guy who is 1-6 (career) (9Tds-10ints)  over a guy who is 24-22 (54 tds-38 ints).
The reason McCown has a higher completion pct is because he had a season of throwing 137 passes so THAT boosted his pct. Are you guys that biased?
You contend that "Luke hasnt been givin a shot" but at the same time you down grade Leftwich because he has been on 4 teams. Did you consider he had to leave Jacksonville due to a coach who didnt like him (due to lying to him about how bad his ankle was hurt- fine him for trying to be a warrior and playing). How did the rest of the Jags team take the benching of Leftwich? Why were they ALL pissed off? Do explain sir. In Atlanta he started over another inferior qb (Harrington) on a horrible team and broke his ankle. How did he do on the Steelers? How did the team rally around him? Shall I show you report after report that he was a locker room favorite? Ok, now you dont consider all of this BUT I am supposed to consider the fact that "McCown was never given a chance?"
Let's get this right. Leftwich on EVERY team he has been on in his career has ALWAYS been given a chance and McCown has not. What does that tell you sir?
What did Steve Young do before he was good? (This guy is OBVIOUSLY a novice). All he did was START for the Buccaneers. He didnt have great stats due to being on a horrible team, JUST LIKE LEFTWICH IN ATL-thanks for making my point and thanks for playing.
Did you forget that Steve Young was a STAR in the USFL? Are you too young to remember the L.A. Express?? And Please dont say that the USFL was an inferior league because that league produced many a future NFL star like Jim Kelly, Hershel Walker, Reggie White,Bobby Hebert, Nate Newton,William Fuller,Sean Lendetta, Steve Young, Sam Mills and Gary Zimmerman.
Among them they have 17 Super Bowl appearances, nine Super Bowl rings and 47 selections to the Pro Bowl. Young was the NFL's MVP in 1992 and 1994, and White was Defensive Player of the Year in 1987 and was selected to the NFL's 75th anniversary team in 1994. So it is SAFE to say that the league Steve Young had MUCH success in was legit. Not to mention he had success in spot duty for Montana when he was injured. So much success that it made the Hall of Famer expendable. So THAT'S what Young was doing before he got good.
Lastly, I'm not trying to change your minds I am merely presenting my case and that way when Leftwich wins the job (I know you guys will **CENSORED** about EVERY imperfection its expected) and does well for the bucs, I will have textual proof that you were so wrong and I was so right. Kind of juvenile but hey, everyone has a little kid in them. lol

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 10, 2009, 06:35:16 AM

Anyone that backs up the notion of Leftwich is the best QB on this team is delusional. End of story. He's a certified backup man, and we'll get cut next year. Injury prone, inconsistent, slow, fumble...tired of the non sense around TB sports. Get rid of the jokers like Big Byron. Waste of reps.

bucshot6

Second String

#5 : August 10, 2009, 06:43:02 AM

Anyone that backs up the notion of Leftwich is the best QB on this team is delusional. End of story. He's a certified backup man, and we'll get cut next year. Injury prone, inconsistent, slow, fumble...tired of the non sense around TB sports. Get rid of the jokers like Big Byron. Waste of reps.

Byruon is a backup? Hmmm Didnt he start at Jacksonvile as the franchise qb? Didnt he start in ATL? Wont he start in Tampa? HE WILL. The lifelong backup is MCCOWN as his career indicates.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 08, 2009, 06:06:31 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5651

Booker

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 08, 2009, 06:11:53 PM

It seems to be Leftwhich asked for Jacksonville

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 08, 2009, 07:29:57 PM

We will be at a slight disadvantage against Tennessee since they will already have one game under their belt.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 08, 2009, 08:09:35 PM

We will be at a slight disadvantage against Tennessee since they will already have one game under their belt.

Maybe...or maybe we will have one more games worth of tape on them than they have on us...

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 08, 2009, 10:33:40 PM

First and last hopefully...imo its leftwich's job to lose

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 08, 2009, 10:49:35 PM

No surprise here. He's the clear cut starter unless Freeman proves he's ready now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 08, 2009, 11:03:49 PM

McCown has the job, IMO.  McCown is too athletic, and fits the PAs better...the rollouts, etc...and him going checkdown is not such a bad thing.  If it keeps the chains moving, eventually, the big strik opportunity will come.  I truly think McCown will win the job.  Sandwhich is too damned slow.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 08, 2009, 11:17:33 PM

Sandwhich is too damned slow.

Marino was slow too, and this is not comparing him to Marino. Marino was the most Immobile qb EVER. I don't care who has better wheels. it's a QB's job to deliver the ball to the open receiver and produce td's. So far in training camp, Leftwich is the clear winner and there's no denying it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 08, 2009, 11:22:00 PM

Sandwhich is too damned slow.

Marino was slow too, and this is not comparing him to Marino. Marino was the most Immobile qb EVER. I don't care who has better wheels. it's a QB's job to deliver the ball to the open receiver and produce td's. So far in training camp, Leftwich is the clear winner and there's no denying it.
Marino is slow of foot, but he had the fastest release of ANY QB you had ever watched.  Dude was a gunslinger, had an arm fifty times the level of Sandwhich's, and was a foul mouthed leader of men.  Dude threw passes into the absolute perfect areas of the field.  Marino was AWESOME!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: McCOWN TO START FIRST PRESEASON GAME FOR BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools