Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: McCOWN TO START FIRST PRESEASON GAME FOR BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 08, 2009, 11:24:02 PM

Marino was awesome. But like I said slow release or not, it's beating McCowns faster release and putting up more points. (in practice)

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : August 08, 2009, 11:25:39 PM

God I hate Luke McCown.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 08, 2009, 11:26:13 PM

Marino was awesome. But like I said slow release or not, it's beating McCowns faster release and putting up more points. (in practice)
In practice...

Got a long way to go, and McCown CAN make nice throws adn can be dead accurate.  We have seen it in small doses, because there really is no real barometer to gauge him by.

But Sandwhich?  Just don;t like the guy, think the BUcs O-line will be hampered by trying to protect him when the other team simply blitzes.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 08, 2009, 11:28:08 PM

God I hate Luke McCown.

Go cheer for some other team then if you don't like the players on this one.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 08, 2009, 11:28:24 PM

One thing in Lefty's favor - sort of - he is not going to run into a sack - lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 08, 2009, 11:28:55 PM

God I hate Luke McCown.

Java - was that really you.... LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Larry Brackins

Starter
#21 : August 08, 2009, 11:30:10 PM

God I hate Luke McCown.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 08, 2009, 11:30:48 PM

Lefty will get exposed in preseason with that wind up and those cement cleats,there will be no run byes from the DEs to were he can still throw the rock.
Maybe i'm wrong and he wins out but I think in the end Luke and his athletic ability win out.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 08, 2009, 11:56:28 PM

Lefty will get exposed in preseason with that wind up and those cement cleats,there will be no run byes from the DEs to were he can still throw the rock.
Maybe i'm wrong and he wins out but I think in the end Luke and his athletic ability win out.

Odd that he's not been exposed in real games with that release. People are friggin' dumb with that line. His sack rate isn't worse than a lot of other QB's. His problem isn't some slow release, it is not being a very accurate QB. Hell for all his "slow" release and LM's "atheleticsm" LM gets sacked a a ferociously higher rate than LM.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 09, 2009, 12:18:52 AM

Odd that he's not been exposed in real games with that release. People are friggin' dumb with that line. His sack rate isn't worse than a lot of other QB's. His problem isn't some slow release, it is not being a very accurate QB. Hell for all his "slow" release and LM's "atheleticsm" LM gets sacked a a ferociously higher rate than LM.
Thats what I was thinking as well...heck at least lefty gets rid of the ball unlike clown

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#25 : August 09, 2009, 12:20:52 AM

God I hate Luke McCown.

ataboy java. Nice to see you cheering for the bucs again.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 09, 2009, 12:26:08 AM

I think if Leftwich becomes the starter, we will see the old  statue of liberty play in the game plan quite often.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 09, 2009, 12:30:23 AM

Wonder why Sandwich has bounced around the league for a few seasons now, and signed such a cheapo deal, if he is so talented.

He HAS been exposed, and that has been as a non-winner.  He wins despite his talent, not because of them.

Watching him play, he does nothing spectacular, aside from having a cannon for an arm.  But really, his numbers are low brow.  In terms of production, he has done little to impress. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 09, 2009, 12:44:13 AM

Bottom line is, the guy is a 58 percent passer, so accuracy HAS been an issue.  He has had 32 fumbles over the course of his career, so getting HIT is his problem, amongst getting taken down, as a result of his SLOW release.  That is just plain sight knowledge, no skew applied.

He has missed 20 starts as a result of injury, so staying off the cart, and outta the MRI has been a major issue.

His best output for a season was 15 TDs.  He threw 5 picks that year.  Garcia like, IMO, minus the pocket climbing ability and plus the fumble issue.

Over 6 seasons, he has a 54/38 TD/INT ratio.  While it looks like a game manager deal, for all of the love of his arm, he has not really produced.  He is a game manager with severe limitations, and no upside.  He is a turnover machine, despite the INTs.

Sandwich is not that good. 

With McCown, like I said, there is no body of work to truly scale him to.  You simply need more of a sample than what he has...pretty simple really.

true, McCown holds the ball too long, but basically he has less than a full year of starts under his belt.  His timing is obviously off, I hate him for it, but I would rather roll with his legs, and comprable arm, than with Sandwich's ability as a QB over the course of his career.  He has been handed the ball quite often, and has really done nothing to make me think he is going to dominate in Tampa.  It makes me shudder to think he is going to be the guy leading a huddle.

GIVE McCown the ball...let him run the team for a period of time, see what he has.  We simply do not know at this point.  No sample.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 09, 2009, 01:33:28 AM

Its freakin dumb to say he(lefty) hasn't been exposed! When he has been on 4 teams in 4 years, Has lost his jobs to mid to late round QBs(Garrard & Redman) when he has the 1st rd QB grade,a gun for an arm and "experience". Its also been heavily noted by PR that he pats the ball before he throws(exposed). With Lefty you know what your gonna get,he is pretty much done as far as having potential and getting better. Luke has the chance to get better with time and reps(in no way am I saying he will) but personally i'd roll with the guy that could still get better.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: McCOWN TO START FIRST PRESEASON GAME FOR BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools