Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Upcoming cuts? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 11, 2007, 03:35:39 PM

He are a few guys we might want to look at:

Vikings | Wiggins could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:59:37 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins could get cut this offseason.
----------------------------
Vikings | D. Smith could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:44:24 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings S Dwight Smith could get cut this offseason.
Colts | Team will lose Doss this offseason
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:41:49 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts will lose S Mike Doss this offseason.
Vikings | Rosenthal could get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:55:43 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Mike Rosenthal could get cut this offseason.
Browns | Baxter will likely get cut
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:16:45 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cleveland Browns CB Gary Baxter will likely get cut this offseason.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 11, 2007, 03:40:44 PM

Dwight Smith and Mike Rosenthal sound and look good in Pewter.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

wc24

Second String

#2 : February 11, 2007, 03:44:36 PM

I have my doubts they would sign Rosenthal or any experienced tackle until the draft occurs. Smith is not the hitter that the Bucs really need in the secondary.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 11, 2007, 03:45:46 PM

If Doss is healthy might not be a bad pickup and can be had probaly pretty reasonable

#4 : February 11, 2007, 03:46:35 PM

uhhhhhhhhh i feel better getting people in the draft

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 11, 2007, 03:49:26 PM

I have my doubts they would sign Rosenthal or any experienced tackle until the draft occurs. Smith is not the hitter that the Bucs really need in the secondary.
Smith is better than Will Allen. Smith and Phillips would be nice.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : February 11, 2007, 03:55:09 PM

Mike Doss or Dwight smith would be good, but i dont think smith would come back here

#7 : February 11, 2007, 03:57:02 PM

Smith wanted to come back last year, we just didn't offer the multi-year deal.

wc24

Second String

#8 : February 11, 2007, 04:11:14 PM

Smith is better than Will Allen. Smith and Phillips would be nice.

If Smith is better than either Allen or Phillips...certainly debateable....he's not enough of an upgrade to bother with. He's also not the hitter the Bucs need in a safety.

frankbuc

Second String
#9 : February 11, 2007, 04:22:28 PM

Smith isnt a hitter? ok sure.................

#10 : February 11, 2007, 04:23:13 PM

Smith is the one who flattened the Giants reciever (I want to say Toomer) in the back of the endzone on Monday night amongst other hits.

frankbuc

Second String
#11 : February 11, 2007, 04:25:21 PM

Yes a replay that is still played on one of the NFL commericals....but he isnt a big hitter.........haha

#12 : February 11, 2007, 04:25:29 PM

Smith would be a good pickup as a CB if we trade BK.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 11, 2007, 04:29:56 PM

With all of the talk of free agents to be, I think the Bucs need to keep in mind while doing their shopping that the defense really needs a fiery personality as one of its leaders. Nickerson and then Sapp after him both were not afraid to get in someone's face for a missed assignment or poor effort at tackling, etc. Lynch as well. I just think, as Scott and Jim have mentioned, the defense doesn't have that right now. Brooks, Barber, Quarles are all good players, they're just more quiet and "lead by example" types.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#14 : February 11, 2007, 05:02:40 PM

With all of the talk of free agents to be, I think the Bucs need to keep in mind while doing their shopping that the defense really needs a fiery personality as one of its leaders. Nickerson and then Sapp after him both were not afraid to get in someone's face for a missed assignment or poor effort at tackling, etc. Lynch as well. I just think, as Scott and Jim have mentioned, the defense doesn't have that right now. Brooks, Barber, Quarles are all good players, they're just more quiet and "lead by example" types.

I agree, we need a true team leader, too bad we cant get lynch or sapp back

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Upcoming cuts? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools