Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Upcoming cuts? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 11, 2007, 07:55:15 PM

We had the chance to resign him twice and didn't.  What does that tell you?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 11, 2007, 08:02:19 PM

We had the chance to resign him twice and didn't. What does that tell you?
He doesn't want to play for TB for some reason.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 11, 2007, 08:04:32 PM

It tells me the bucs did not have the money or the inclination to outbid either of the teams.  He left for money he could not get here.  Not saying he was worth the money, but that is why he is gone.  

He is a good safety, he is an average corner, he is a hitter and has the type of attitude a d wants.

He needs to be home and stay home nlt midnite.  He seems to do dumb stuff after midnite.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#33 : February 11, 2007, 08:04:56 PM

He wanted multiple years, we wouldn't give that to him this last time.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 11, 2007, 08:51:30 PM

We had the chance to resign him twice and didn't.  What does that tell you?

It tells me that Bruce Allen is conservative in Free Agency and that the other teams(Saints and Vikings) offered much more.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#35 : February 11, 2007, 11:17:42 PM

I'd love to have Dwight back... the rest of them not so much... but I think Dwight would be a great nickle/safety for us again, throw in another good DB or two through the draft or FA, say maybe Michael Lewis and Eric Weddle/Rouse and that secondary would be lookin nice, or atleast better.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#36 : February 11, 2007, 11:26:49 PM

Dwight is way better than Phillips!

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#37 : February 11, 2007, 11:29:28 PM

Dwight Smith and Mike Rosenthal sound and look good in Pewter.

I have my doubts they would sign Rosenthal or any experienced tackle until the draft occurs. Smith is not the hitter that the Bucs really need in the secondary.
what?  I can understand people not wanting him because of his acts off the field, but he sure in the heck is better than what we got at FS or nickel back. I say bring him back as the nickel back.

wc24

Second String

#38 : February 11, 2007, 11:58:05 PM

Yes a replay that is still played on one of the NFL commericals....but he isnt a big hitter.........haha

One hit does not make a hitter. He's a CB.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : February 12, 2007, 12:05:52 AM

Yes a replay that is still played on one of the NFL commericals....but he isnt a big hitter.........haha

He made 2 ints & ran them back for tds in the SB.  'Nuff said.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#40 : February 12, 2007, 01:40:52 AM

Wow where do you guys get this "Dwight isn't a hitter" stuff from? Are you serious?

Also, how can anybody say that Dwight Smith is not better than Phillips or Allen? You didn't watch the games last year, did you?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 12, 2007, 09:21:35 AM

He made 2 ints & ran them back for tds in the SB. 'Nuff said.
He made them as a corner back. And he made them against a QB that we had a hand book on Thanks to Gruden.

Dwight Smith while very talented lacks diciplin. He gets out of position and in this defence you can not do that.

wc24

Second String

#42 : February 12, 2007, 12:16:34 PM

He made 2 ints & ran them back for tds in the SB. 'Nuff said.

1. We were discussing whether he's a "hitter". Both of those interceptions involved him jumping routes.

2. He was playing CB when he made those interceptions. We were discussing his play as a safety.

wc24

Second String

#43 : February 12, 2007, 12:20:27 PM

Wow where do you guys get this "Dwight isn't a hitter" stuff from? Are you serious?

Also, how can anybody say that Dwight Smith is not better than Phillips or Allen? You didn't watch the games last year, did you?

Did you watch the games when he played safety for the Bucs in 2004? He was often out of position and when he got there he didn't do anything. He did run a couple of guys down from well behind...at least one of which he shouldn't have had to due to his own mistake.

If he is an upgrade....again debateable....he is not much of an upgrade.  If he were he wouldn't have bounced from the Bucs to Saints to Vikes and possibly another team this off season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 12, 2007, 12:30:14 PM

Dwight tends to take more gambles but he definately has a nose for the football and is a physical tackler.  The reason Dwight bounces around is he tends to take his gambling ways not only on the field but off the field as well.  Dwight is a young man that has an interest in young ladies in public places. :D
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Upcoming cuts? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools