Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here We Go Again! « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: February 11, 2007, 05:09:54 PM

For the last couple of months all we have seen on the board is about the upcoming draft and how much money we have to spend on free agents.  Well, after looking at how many other teams have more cap money than we do, and the fact that it sure seems that we will yet again draft heavily in favor of the offensive side of the ball, where in the world does that leave this team come November?? 
Who really thinks that we will be competitive next season with many of the same players and Chris Simms at the helm?? 

#1 : February 11, 2007, 05:10:46 PM

Here we go again...more worthless posts from BucsGuru!

#2 : February 11, 2007, 05:13:28 PM

Who really thinks that we will be competitive next season with many of the same players and Chris Simms at the helm??

That might be a back breaker.  Lets hope we get Joe Thomas and Caddy has a dominating year.  If that happens Chris will be OK.

BTW - As a fan it is a lot less stressful to be optimistic at this time of year.  Last season is behind us, you gotten try and BELIEVE.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 11, 2007, 05:16:20 PM

Here we go again...more worthless posts from BucsGuru!
LMFAO

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 11, 2007, 05:23:27 PM

That might be a back breaker.  Lets hope we get Joe Thomas and Caddy has a dominating year.  If that happens Chris will be OK.

BTW - As a fan it is a lot less stressful to be optimistic at this time of year.  Last season is behind us, you gotten try and BELIEVE.

Simms' issues have nothing to do with any player other than Simms.  Put him in for Manning and the Colts suck too.  Same for any other team you put him into.  The only way Simms will be OK is if Simms figures out how to correct his own mistakes.  Nothing else will make him OK.  He can be carried, but he'll never be "the guy" until he slays his own demons.

#5 : February 11, 2007, 05:24:31 PM

Who would've thought the same group would've been succesful in 05 and suck in 06? By that pattern we'll go 10-6 win the division.

#6 : February 11, 2007, 05:25:33 PM

That might be a back breaker. Lets hope we get Joe Thomas and Caddy has a dominating year. If that happens Chris will be OK.

BTW - As a fan it is a lot less stressful to be optimistic at this time of year. Last season is behind us, you gotten try and BELIEVE.

Simms' issues have nothing to do with any player other than Simms. Put him in for Manning and the Colts suck too. Same for any other team you put him into. The only way Simms will be OK is if Simms figures out how to correct his own mistakes. Nothing else will make him OK. He can be carried, but he'll never be "the guy" until he slays his own demons.

I think me feelings on Chris Simms are fairly well documented, but if the O-line plays well and we have a running game, he will be adequate IMO.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 11, 2007, 05:36:31 PM

Despite all our holes and shortcomings, with a competent QB we could have gone possibly10-6 last year.  And by "competent" I don't mean "elite".  Simms is this team's biggest achilles heal.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 11, 2007, 05:52:39 PM

I have got to believe that after last season, the Bucs are making a run at every decent QB in the league.  I don't know if Garcia is the answer, but I would much rather be going into the upcoming season with him at the position that Simms. 

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 12, 2007, 09:03:04 AM

we can not have a running game if there is no respecting Simms passing game being able to get the ball pass the line of scrimage except for the ocasional bomb
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here We Go Again! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools