Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, if Mark could have just gotten THIS guy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 11, 2009, 03:07:22 PM

One Quarterback to rule them all, One Quarterback to find them...

That's a novel idea.

Cutler would have been nice.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 11, 2009, 03:08:05 PM

Frankly - both of these make more sense to me
You act like the Bucs decided against Cutler and Haynesworth. They tried their a$$es off to get them.
Well we have some a$$less people in the FO then.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 11, 2009, 03:13:10 PM

You act like the Bucs decided against Cutler and Haynesworth. They tried their a$$es off to get them.
If you're at the blackjack table with a 16, and the guys next to you have 17's and 18's there's just nothing you can do. Washington had already made inroads with Haynesworth before the negotiating period and he decided to go there and the Bucs didn't have a quarterback under contract better than Kyle Orton to include in the deal with Denver. End of story.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 11, 2009, 03:18:08 PM

If you're at the blackjack table with a 16, and the guys next to you have 17's and 18's there's just nothing you can do. Washington had already made inroads with Haynesworth before the negotiating period and he decided to go there and the Bucs didn't have a quarterback under contract better than Kyle Orton to include in the deal with Denver. End of story.
End of story is correct.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 11, 2009, 04:34:36 PM

I am not acting like anything - I relayed what Hate and I talked about - i.e. we would have given up the draft for Cutler, and paid the price for Haynesworth. 

And I said what I thought of the moves that did get made. 

It might be the end of a chapter in the Dominick book - let's hope he can get it done next time - and not run short on cash for a big time FA, or time on the next once-in-a-lifetime trade.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 11, 2009, 04:42:37 PM

We wouldnt have been able to draft Percy if we would have gotten Cutler.
Who knows.  First rounder NEXT year, second rounder this year...

I mean, at that point, they would have landed Cassell, so maybe they would have liked the deal.  Maybe not.

It is all hearsay.

Take Harvin away, add Cutler, and I STILL like this offense so much more.

2nd this year went for Winslow.  The Bucs QB cupboard was left bare, so there was no one to trade to Denver.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 11, 2009, 06:29:46 PM

We wouldnt have been able to draft Percy if we would have gotten Cutler.
Who knows. First rounder NEXT year, second rounder this year...

I mean, at that point, they would have landed Cassell, so maybe they would have liked the deal. Maybe not.

It is all hearsay.

Take Harvin away, add Cutler, and I STILL like this offense so much more.

2nd this year went for Winslow. The Bucs QB cupboard was left bare, so there was no one to trade to Denver.
Hell man, I would have given the First next year, the third the year after, and a second the following year....without thinking twice.

Cutler will be playing into his mid 30's, early 40's, like most stud QBs nowadays do.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 12, 2009, 02:33:13 AM

i like how the buc fans that are also UF fans say harvin would put more people in the stadium seats. anyone who is not a UF fan could care less. its like there some sort of unwritten rule that if you like the bucs, you must like UF. if you are high on UF, please dont assome the rest of us bucs fans feel the same way. harvin will get himself in trouble, or he may be the next reggie bush(not reliable but possible big play here and there), or he may be a great player someday. the thing is, he is none of those right now. to say he would fill the stands is a little premature. wait until he actually accomplishes something, before you give him the star status that draws masses of ticket buyers.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

#23 : August 12, 2009, 08:33:14 AM

This is what we passed up on
:Peter King:

Excerpt:

11:45 a.m., Thursday (Minnesota Vikings camp, Mankato, Minn.): I came here expecting to see the fastest man in the NFL, Percy Harvin, ripping up Vikings camp. And I did see an incredibly gifted player, Harvin, getting coached very hard because the Vikings want him ready to play a big role on opening day 2009, not opening day 2010. But after seeing Adrian Peterson sprint around left end on an early-practice reverse like he'd just taken the baton in the Olympic 400-meter relay, I didn't know who was faster. Especially on the fast track of the Metrodome, I have no idea how teams are going to defend the Vikings when Peterson and Harvin are on the field together.

"Yesterday,"' Peterson told me with a laugh after practice, "I went up to Percy after practice when he was doing an interview with some press guys. I stood in the back and said, "My Harvin, Mr. Harvin, who do you think is faster, you or Adrian Peterson?''

This is what I wrote in my postcard from Minnesota training camp about a play I saw Harvin make: Harvin, split wide right outside the numbers, versus cornerback Marcus Walker, playing inches across the line from him, planning to get a bump on Harvin in the five-yard bump zone to knock him off his route. Harvin juked almost imperceptibly left-right-left at the snap of the ball. Walker lunged at him but only got a piece of him as Harvin got outside Walker's left shoulder at the line. NFL corners, and highlight producers in TV stations across the country, are going to see a lot of this. Harvin is so quick off the line, then so fast, that if you give him a half-step and don't have a safety over the top for double-coverage help, the Vikings are going to throw a lot of deep touchdowns to this man. On this play, Walker never caught up, and the deep throw nestled cleanly in Harvin's arms. Touchdown.

I expect Harvin to have the opportunity to be the Offensive Rookie of the Year. He's too talented, and he has Peterson to take the pressure off him. And vice versa.

The troubled Harvin, obviously, got investigated thoroughly before he was drafted out of the University of Florida in April. When Brad Childress went to Gainesville the week before the draft to meet Harvin and spend a day with him, he said he wanted Harvin to pick him up and drive him around. "I wanted to be in his car, and I wanted to smell the car,'' Childress said. You know, for the pot smell. And he asked Harvin if he was aware that because of his marijuana experiences in college and for testing positive for pot at the Scouting Combine, he'd enter the NFL already in the NFL's substance-abuse program. "You'll be eligible to be tested up to 10 times a month,'' Childress warned.

The honeymoon is on. "Urban Meyer told me the young man is going to be a pleasure to coach, and he has a high football IQ,'' said veteran wide receivers coach George Stewart. "And so far, it's true.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/08/09/mmqb/1.html#ixzz0NnRMzvGK

#24 : August 12, 2009, 09:20:21 AM

Percy Harvin will eventually bust...he has serious character issues. I love his talent level (pure talent alone...top 5 overall talent), but he has a serious attitude problem and I think if you give him time, his true colors will show.

I think on the contrary you will get more of this from him

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090725/ARTICLES/907251011/1136?Title=Percy-dishes-it-out

The Minnesota Vikings rookie, along with his family and friends, served a Sonny's Bar-B-Q feast of coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, garlic bread, chicken, beef and salad to about 20 people staying at the house.

"He's just always had a big heart," said his mother, Linda Harvin Little. "He has a heart for giving."

On Monday, Harvin will leave Gainesville for Minneapolis, and he wanted to contribute something to the community before his departure, said friend Katie Plageman, a UF telecommunications graduate.

He had visited children at Shands at the University of Florida with Goodwill Gators, a UF student-athlete volunteer group, and saw a commercial on TV for the Ronald McDonald House. That's when he decided to get involved at the Gainesville branch - he knew he wanted to help sick children, Plageman said.

Plageman helped Harvin contact Hanan Bilal, the Ronald McDonald House's volunteer program coordinator, who suggested that he combine his visit to the center with a meal.

"He wants to do something small and manageable before the season starts, and from there he wants to get a lot more involved," Plageman said.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#25 : August 12, 2009, 10:47:30 AM

damn. I would've taken either harvin or cutler of freeman, who i'm convinced is going to be a bust.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 12, 2009, 10:55:11 AM

You are also convinced Caddy is better than most backs in the NFL so.....

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#27 : August 12, 2009, 11:06:32 AM

Anyone who thinks this team is gonna struggle is crazy!!!!!!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 12, 2009, 11:11:17 AM

"I wanted to be in his car, and I wanted to smell the car,'' Childress said. You know, for the pot smell."

:D     He should've checked the ashtray for roaches.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 12, 2009, 12:59:25 PM

"I wanted to be in his car, and I wanted to smell the car,'' Childress said. You know, for the pot smell."

:D He should've checked the ashtray for roaches.
He was too late. They already crawled out !!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, if Mark could have just gotten THIS guy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools