Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, if Mark could have just gotten THIS guy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

#30 : September 25, 2009, 10:03:03 AM

Anyone who thinks this team is gonna struggle is crazy!!!!!!

Chaos - you came to the board very up and positive....now that we all clearly see that they are struggling,

What really turned you sour on the team?    I'm curious... 

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#31 : September 25, 2009, 10:40:52 AM

i like how the buc fans that are also UF fans say harvin would put more people in the stadium seats. anyone who is not a UF fan could care less. its like there some sort of unwritten rule that if you like the bucs, you must like UF. if you are high on UF, please dont assome the rest of us bucs fans feel the same way. harvin will get himself in trouble, or he may be the next reggie bush(not reliable but possible big play here and there), or he may be a great player someday. the thing is, he is none of those right now. to say he would fill the stands is a little premature. wait until he actually accomplishes something, before you give him the star status that draws masses of ticket buyers.

For the most part I agree.  I am a USF grad and could care less about UF and thought Harvin was too risky.  The flip side of it is that UF has a big market share here and a dynamic UF player who is well known and loved like Tebow could be tempting for the Glazers as it would draw enough attention to put some butts back in the seats.  Not gonna happen but you can see the logic.

[Add witty one liner here]

#32 : September 25, 2009, 11:11:30 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=951a54b2-08d8-4148-bef3-68b87e427d52

Bucs could have drafted Percy (just saying), nabbed Winslow...the offense would look stacked...

Yea I really dont like the Freeman pick very much anymore

I am not ready to judge Freeman, but I dont understand the pick

We couldve had Harvin, Maclin, Vontae Davis, or many other players who were better college players, projected to be better pros, and would fill much bigger immediate needs than 2nd string QB

The fact that Morris has known Freeman since he was 18 and had such a close relationship just tells me that there is more reason to believe Freeman was the wrong pick, and picked for the wrong reasons

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 25, 2009, 02:06:26 PM

The fact that Morris has known Freeman since he was 18 and had such a close relationship just tells me that there is more reason to believe Freeman was the wrong pick, and picked for the wrong reasons

so morris controls the draft?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 25, 2009, 02:15:53 PM

We couldve had Harvin, Maclin, Vontae Davis, or many other players who were better college players, projected to be better pros, and would fill much bigger immediate needs than 2nd string QB
What could be more immediate than trying to draft a franchise quarterback for the first time in almost 15 years?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 25, 2009, 02:20:58 PM

Dominik does.  But he made the right choice, IMO.  All first round QB's are a crapshoot.  May as well take a shot this year...

Yes, Percy Harvin is sick with talent, and yes he'd be great for ANY offense.  But it's not like we're scoring 9 ppg or something.  The offense, while not outstanding, isn't bad either.  If the cowards on the defense would actually stop somebody, we could win some damn games...

DougTheGreat

Starter

#36 : September 25, 2009, 02:21:53 PM

You didn't know? Everything the Bucs do "wrong", Morris was apart of.

30th Ranked Defense? Morris is to blame. Obviously.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 25, 2009, 02:49:22 PM

You didn't know? Everything the Bucs do "wrong", Morris was apart of.

30th Ranked Defense? Morris is to blame. Obviously.

Well, everything that went wrong last year was Gruden's fault.  He even took the fall for it.  Good for the Goose, good for the Gander.  Such is the life of an NFL head coach.  The buc stops (pun intended) at Morris' desk.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 25, 2009, 02:57:54 PM

Well, everything that went wrong last year was Gruden's fault. He even took the fall for it. Good for the Goose, good for the Gander. Such is the life of an NFL head coach. The buc stops (pun intended) at Morris' desk.

i thought allen never let gruden draft the guys gruden wanted?  just odd to me that dominik already lets morris run the draft.

i definitely agree that it all lands at the HC's desk.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 25, 2009, 03:02:10 PM

Well, everything that went wrong last year was Gruden's fault. He even took the fall for it. Good for the Goose, good for the Gander. Such is the life of an NFL head coach. The buc stops (pun intended) at Morris' desk.

i thought allen never let gruden draft the guys gruden wanted?  just odd to me that dominik already lets morris run the draft.

i definitely agree that it all lands at the HC's desk.
While Morris does not ultimately run the draft, it should be pretty obvious he was highly involved in the Freeman pick.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 25, 2009, 03:10:11 PM

HC should be highly involved with every pick.  i just like how posters twist opinions to fit their stances.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 25, 2009, 03:17:20 PM

Yes, 8 catches for 77 yards with a long of 21 is revolutionizing the position. If only had someone who could give us 77 yards in production. Guys, Maurice Stovall had more production than Percy does. Clayton has more production for the love of god.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 25, 2009, 04:09:26 PM

Yes, 8 catches for 77 yards with a long of 21 is revolutionizing the position. If only had someone who could give us 77 yards in production. Guys, Maurice Stovall had more production than Percy does. Clayton has more production for the love of god.

You're throwing that "production" word around rather loosely.  Clayton and Stovall have more yards, but Harvin has more receptions and more importantly - TOUCHDOWNS.  Harvin is the third receiver on his team in his first 2 games in the NFL, so I'm not sure what the point is.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 25, 2009, 04:13:04 PM

hopefully Freeman will stop threads like these when he gets his chance.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 25, 2009, 04:16:53 PM

hopefully Freeman will stop threads like these when he gets his chance.
The PR boys planning on making Soul Glo mod?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man, if Mark could have just gotten THIS guy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools