Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stating the obvious. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JC510

Practice Squad

#15 : August 11, 2009, 12:40:23 PM

Bush was having a great year before getting hurt. In the 6 games before being injured he had 600 offensive yards, 5 offensive TDs and 3 return TDs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 11, 2009, 12:40:44 PM

That was an extremely well-written article.

Really?  I kind of though it was odd that the article was titled "Why" and there's really no explanation of why it's more of a How thing.
LOL I was thinking that, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 11, 2009, 12:45:22 PM

Yeah because his current head coach has no interest in him.

Similar to the McDaniels/Cutler situation

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#18 : August 11, 2009, 12:49:09 PM

I woudnt say bush is a bust. Not worth the pick though
Where else would he have gone, even in the worst case scenario?

Basically, I find it amusing that FINALLY someone is kicking dirt on the SAINTS.� FINALLY.� Theyget so much media love it is clownish...and they do not deserve it.� They have done NOTHING to impress me, inthe last few years, and if they tank again, Payton should get fired, and I am assuming the media drivel about them will cease and desist.

In the beginning they got love because they had a good season the year after Katrina. Funny thing is that is the only thing they have done since then and they were picked every year as the team to beat for some reason. I know Drew Brees is good but he was about their only player. Bush is clearly a bust and is nothing more than a decent punt returner and a guy who can catch out of the backfield. Colston was productive but only because of Brees. I agree besides maybe the Cowboys, the saints have been the most overrated team since 2006.  

bucsense

Practice Squad

#19 : August 11, 2009, 01:03:07 PM

Has anyone watched Leinart on the sidelines? He acts like a male cheerleader during games.......If he has any desire to get on the field he sure isn't showing it. Dude seems to be happy collecting a fat paycheck and leading the cheers......Looks like another bust....glad we don't have him....
I'm not sure I understand this post. I haven't watched him on the sidelines so I don't know what he looks like, so, are you saying that he gets excited and cheers his teammates on and that is a bad thing?

No man...he jumps up and down and acts like an azz......not someone that might want to get out there and prove his worth......most athletes with the fire to show they can do better than those on the field won't put on such an act........they'll stand there stonefaced praying for their chance.......He reminds me of that jackhole Will Perdue that led the bench cheers for the Chicago Bulls during the Jordan era..............loser........

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 11, 2009, 01:12:45 PM

Has anyone watched Leinart on the sidelines? He acts like a male cheerleader during games.......If he has any desire to get on the field he sure isn't showing it. Dude seems to be happy collecting a fat paycheck and leading the cheers......Looks like another bust....glad we don't have him....
I'm not sure I understand this post. I haven't watched him on the sidelines so I don't know what he looks like, so, are you saying that he gets excited and cheers his teammates on and that is a bad thing?

No man...he jumps up and down and acts like an azz......not someone that might want to get out there and prove his worth......most athletes with the fire to show they can do better than those on the field won't put on such an act........they'll stand there stonefaced praying for their chance.......He reminds me of that jackhole Will Perdue that led the bench cheers for the Chicago Bulls during the Jordan era..............loser........
You meant Jack Haley.  I am sure...

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#21 : August 11, 2009, 01:25:53 PM

i hate the guy, but i wouldnt call reggie bush a COMPLETE bust. He sure as heck was not worth the number 2 pick. But he makes the saints a better team. Lets give credit where credit is due, hes a great punt/kick returner, and is very effective catching the ball. Hes always in the tops when it comes to recpetions. I wouldnt call him a complete bust, after all he did pretty much kill us twice with 2 game wining touchdowns.

Leinart just has a horrible attitude, and like other posters says, doesnt even look like he wants to play.

VY has potential, but doesnt want to learn.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 11, 2009, 01:29:15 PM

Vince Young has the Clayton thing going.   They both did good the rookie season so you almost want to hold out hope they will find their way again.    I don't think it will happen with VY.    He's got his head messed up something good.

Young's rookie year was VASTLY overrated.  His completion rate was 51.5% and he had more interceptions than touchdowns.  He only had four games with more than 200 yards, and didn't reach the 250 yard mark once, so it isn't even as if he were a Favre-style gunslinger.  People were still buying the "all he does in win games" thing at that point, but that doesn't mean it was actually true.

Watchman

Starter

#23 : August 11, 2009, 04:40:24 PM

Before Bush was even drafted:

I always heard and read  - Reggie Bush = Gale Sayers

I always thought - Reggie Bush = Eric Metcalf

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 11, 2009, 04:42:19 PM

I would rather have had Dave Meggett than reggie Bush.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stating the obvious. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools