Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gannon's a great analyst « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 16, 2006, 03:04:17 PM

Gannon is a smart guy and knows the system well. When you know the in's and out's of anything, not just football, you're going to be able to vocalize information on the subject better.

And it probably would have been better for Gannon to keep his mouth shut about the insider info, but I'm sure it was just a force of habit and he won't do it again.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

LynchPin

Rookie

#16 : October 16, 2006, 03:10:28 PM

When he was breaking down the pass plays and pointing out where grad should have gone he was outstanding, quick as hell.

I enjoyed listening to Gannon as well.  He was one of the commentators for the Baltimore game as well, wasn't he?  It's smart for CBS to put him on the Bucs game since he has such insight into Gruden's offense.  He knows the routes that are supposed to be run, the QB's progressions, and so forth.  Gives a real insiders perspective.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 16, 2006, 03:11:20 PM

Sluggo seam!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : October 16, 2006, 03:12:38 PM

I was at the game, but watched a lot again on my DVR and I felt Gannon did a good job. He is definitely better than Baldinger and the usual jackoffs we get.

As for him giving away signals and such, I don't think he gaveanything away that a coach or even a fan couldn't pick up on by just watching tape and seeing what plays come about from what signals/audibles are made.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 16, 2006, 03:13:19 PM

I think the Bucs would be wise to get Gannon working with the QBs, even if it is only two or three days a week.  It would be great if he could be on the sidelines on game-days but he already has his TV commitments.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#20 : October 16, 2006, 03:24:47 PM

Gannon is a good announcer. I thought he was good last year. I too didn't appreciate the way he was calling plays out but that is what happens.

Gradkowski may never get to the level where Gannon won't call him out on what guy to hit. Gannon is the best QB to ever run this system so of course he is going to be critical of our QB.

coopsxx

Starter
#21 : October 16, 2006, 03:28:21 PM

im sure andy reed didnt set the tivo to the CBS coverage.

they will be looking from coach tape and are smart enough to work these things out, he didnt say anything too revealing, other than route options such as that deep ball to galloway who took the hook, when grad threw the post

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : October 16, 2006, 03:54:45 PM

Exactly. They have enough tape where they can figure things out if they want. I am sure what Gannon said isn't  going to make or break the offense. If that's the case former players would be hired all the time to "steal" signals. Think a guy like Jared Allen couldn't use a job?? If what Gannon did was really helpful a team would take a guy like ALlen and pay his ass to give away "tips." But reality is what Gannon said wasn't that big of a deal.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 16, 2006, 05:56:05 PM

Rich Gannon is an excellent analyst IMO. Just watched the game again on the DVR and was very impressed.
WHAT a game!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gannon's a great analyst « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools