Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 10 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : August 12, 2009, 08:30:58 AM

Shoot, I am glad I dont have to pay the high dollar for it. I still have a PS2 and it will be sweet buying the game for 40 bucks and still have 2000 people online to play against.
No offense bro, but c'mon man...

I agree with him..... there are plenty of peeps online all the time with the "2"

A techy friend of mine told me last week that the PS2 continues to outsell the "3".... not sure how true it is.
PS2 does outsell it. I post on the EASports message board and everyone over there acts as if you are a second class citizen if you own a PS2. I just laugh, because I could probably pick up a PS3 controller and whip their butts at Madden on PS3. But nonetheless, I will actually wait to do my grocery shopping on Thursday night until after midnight and buy the madden at walmart.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 12, 2009, 11:05:58 AM

If it works for you, cool...

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 12, 2009, 08:01:58 PM

It does work for me, I still don't see the big hype on Ps3, the games on the system look average to me.

#18 : August 12, 2009, 08:05:28 PM

Xbox 360> all. Never had problems with red ring for me. Then again, I'm lucky if I play 4 hours a day.

I miss the old Socom 2 days on Ps2. I would buy a ps3 if they just remade Socom 2 with everything the same, without the cheaters with "Code 9".

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 12, 2009, 08:09:24 PM

This is the first Madden I won't be buying.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#20 : August 12, 2009, 08:39:11 PM

Ill stick with NCAA.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 12, 2009, 09:55:33 PM

Coming from a Madden hater and 2K loyalist myself, Madden is definitely worth it this year. This is the best game they have put out for 360/PS3 by far.

What have they done with Madden to make it better - and I'm a 2k guy myself so your thoughts interest me.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 12, 2009, 10:51:57 PM

It does work for me, I still don't see the big hype on Ps3, the games on the system look average to me.
"average"?

Okay then.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 12, 2009, 11:21:32 PM

Coming from a Madden hater and 2K loyalist myself, Madden is definitely worth it this year. This is the best game they have put out for 360/PS3 by far.

What have they done with Madden to make it better - and I'm a 2k guy myself so your thoughts interest me.

visually they added a full referee crew on the field. added gang tackling. slimmed the player models down a tad.

they slowed the overall game speed down making it look more realistic. no more TE's out running CB's.

they have taken every player and completely re-did their ratings. making them more true to life.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 12, 2009, 11:35:17 PM

It's what they say every year. 

The players still look like Hercules on steroids.  Even if you have a 95 speed guy with a ten yard lead, he will get caught by someone faster than you can blink an eye.

I am curious to see the game as well.  I like that they udnerstand the game is flawed, and they are looking to improve, but really, how much programming can they do in one year?  I mean, if the game was put out every 2 years, then I could see vast improvements taking place.  Programmers do not have enough time to make the game a complete overhaul, so basically they just tweak the game engine, and can only work on a few things at a time.  But inthe end, it always seems the game needs something extra...

I did like the zoom in feature, when a guy was on a breakaway...but often that feature would not activate, and guys would get run down from behind.

#25 : August 12, 2009, 11:45:21 PM

It's what they say every year. 

The players still look like Hercules on steroids.  Even if you have a 95 speed guy with a ten yard lead, he will get caught by someone faster than you can blink an eye.

I am curious to see the game as well.  I like that they udnerstand the game is flawed, and they are looking to improve, but really, how much programming can they do in one year?  I mean, if the game was put out every 2 years, then I could see vast improvements taking place.  Programmers do not have enough time to make the game a complete overhaul, so basically they just tweak the game engine, and can only work on a few things at a time.  But inthe end, it always seems the game needs something extra...

I did like the zoom in feature, when a guy was on a breakaway...but often that feature would not activate, and guys would get run down from behind.
That's what I hate about Madden. Guys with 95 speed getting caught by players with much slower speed. And not they didn't take a pursuit angle when they take me down from behind.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#26 : August 13, 2009, 03:27:00 AM

This game has a pace very similar to 2K. The presentation is very much like 2K, the tackling system is much improved, blocking is better, and the rating system is VERY fair. Guys with higher speed are easier to distinguish, but if they lack in something else you can feel it as well. The QBs can no longer throw randomly off their back foot, they have to set up and deliver. A 99 overall is much harder to come by and those guys dominate just like real life, but you can have a servicable starter on defense be around 70 and a great player be around 88-91. Think of this game as what 2K would have accomplished around 2007-2008, because this game has a lot of the elements from that series integrated into it. IIRC, the guy who worked on the 2K engine was put on for the Madden 10 engine.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 13, 2009, 10:00:29 AM

Do they still have that stupid QB Avoidance?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#28 : August 13, 2009, 12:42:17 PM

If you have a 360 or a PS3, you can check out the demo. I agree with bizkitlimped, this has to be the best Madden I've played in a long while and I've passed on the series the last two years.

visually they added a full referee crew on the field. added gang tackling. slimmed the player models down a tad.

they slowed the overall game speed down making it look more realistic. no more TE's out running CB's.

they have taken every player and completely re-did their ratings. making them more true to life.

That's only the tip of the iceberg, stuff you automatically notice in the demo. I'll add:

-The running game feels meatier. While controlling Brandon Jacobs in the demo, I could fight for a few extra yards after been tackled instead of being sucked into a 'canned' tackle animation

-The animations are 'chained' together according to the demo. This allows you never go down without a fight. Shifty Rbs will wiggle out of arm tackles and bigger backs will use their momentum to drag a play for extra yardage. No animation is automatic.

-Slowing the game down actually works perfectly. When you get sacked you know it's your fault. It's more realistic IMO, but definitely not easier.

That's what I got out of the brief demo. I will be picking this up tomorrow afternoon.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 13, 2009, 12:58:32 PM

I got the game on sunday. The gameplay is great and the presentation and graphics are awesome.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 10 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools