Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 10 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#30 : August 13, 2009, 01:09:19 PM

Coming from a Madden hater and 2K loyalist myself, Madden is definitely worth it this year. This is the best game they have put out for 360/PS3 by far.

What have they done with Madden to make it better - and I'm a 2k guy myself so your thoughts interest me.

This game has a pace very similar to 2K. The presentation is very much like 2K, the tackling system is much improved, blocking is better, and the rating system is VERY fair. Guys with higher speed are easier to distinguish, but if they lack in something else you can feel it as well. The QBs can no longer throw randomly off their back foot, they have to set up and deliver. A 99 overall is much harder to come by and those guys dominate just like real life, but you can have a servicable starter on defense be around 70 and a great player be around 88-91. Think of this game as what 2K would have accomplished around 2007-2008, because this game has a lot of the elements from that series integrated into it. IIRC, the guy who worked on the 2K engine was put on for the Madden 10 engine.

That's true. Not only that but he was a regular on Operation Sports and madden Planet forums, picking the brains of fans and critics of the game. I think he collected a good amount of data on what gamers like, dislike and would like to see in the game. From the demo, it looks like they tried to make these things come true.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 13, 2009, 02:17:32 PM

What pissed me off last year was how super accurate the QB's were. It pissed me off how a QB would complete long gains by throwing off their damn backfoot. Heck even the backup QB's were super accurate.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#32 : August 13, 2009, 02:57:04 PM

What pissed me off last year was how super accurate the QB's were. It pissed me off how a QB would complete long gains by throwing off their damn backfoot. Heck even the backup QB's were super accurate.

Believe me, that is not the case this year. From playing the 5-minute quarter demo, I immediately noticed with Kurt Warner how awful he was throwing on the run or outside of the pocket, but when I stuck to inside the pocket he was unstoppable. I cant remember what they used exactly to rate accuracy, but I know there are 3 different ratings for it with QBs.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#33 : August 13, 2009, 02:58:19 PM

Do they still have that stupid QB Avoidance?

Yes, they finally have QB Avoid in Madden 10, and it is in no way stupid.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 13, 2009, 03:14:52 PM

Two questions:

1. QB Avoid?
2. Is the running game still BS?

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 13, 2009, 03:49:00 PM

The running game rocks, on the demo I broke a tackle with Jacobs... then I was in a gangtackle, which I broke and took the ball to the house for a 53 yard TD Run. There is an actual pocket for the QB now, which brings even more realisim to the game. There is a fumble pileup now that you have to time the buttons selected... Toned down ratings to make the game feel better, bunch of stats for mid pass accuracy, deep pass accuracy, etc...

Online franchise, co-op online.

My biggest disappointment was Superstar not being upgraded much, and the fact that you can buy certain things for the game online.

Other then that, looks solid and I'll get my copy tomorrow after I go logging.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 13, 2009, 04:48:43 PM

Also, if you've played the demo are the announcers really that bad?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : August 13, 2009, 04:58:38 PM

Also, if you've played the demo are the announcers really that bad?

Even in the 5-minute demo there is no announcers, so I have no idea. The QB evade is so that when you are about to get sacked, if you hit the right trigger you could escape the rush and/or break the tackle(ala Eli Manning in the Super Bowl on that amazing pass to Tyree). The running game is much improved from last year, and playing on All-Madden is a much harder task than in years past. This is the toughest All-Madden difficulty I can recall EA having.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : August 13, 2009, 06:10:41 PM

So a QB can avoid and throw off a direct full on speed hit from James Harrison? That was crap, QB's in the NFL usually just fall down when they see the guys coming. QB Avoidance was the worst thing ever on Madden 09 on PS2.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 14, 2009, 06:28:59 PM

It's not different than calling you a fan boy
Because I stated my opinion? Your just stating false facts. I stated i felt this game is greatly improved, which everyone but you seem to agree. The player motion is alot smoother and they aren't skating on ice like on NCAA.

But hey, I love Madden, I admit it. It helps with my football fix. You don't think it is much improved and I know it is much improved.

We can move on

So my opinion makes me a hater yet yours does not? Hmmmm... No false facts, all seen in the game I played. Can't do anything about it. Sorry if I think it isn't much better. Not saying you can't still play and enjoy it.
LOL. No. You didn't say you think it isn't much better. You came in on here with your white horse and said, everyone on here was highly overatting the game.

But hey, I'm going to get back to my game now. Hopefully you can learn some packages and that very difficult cut move!

::)

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 14, 2009, 01:29:44 AM

Just got the game. Why did they slow down the game speed? its feels a bit slower.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#41 : August 14, 2009, 01:36:58 AM

So a QB can avoid and throw off a direct full on speed hit from James Harrison? That was crap, QB's in the NFL usually just fall down when they see the guys coming. QB Avoidance was the worst thing ever on Madden 09 on PS2.

I didnt even realize it was in Madden 09. Regardless, it is not like that at all. It's indictive on the QBs strength and elusiveness rating. Obviously going to be higher on a guy like Big Ben than it will be on David Carr.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 14, 2009, 01:47:27 AM

I will be buyin it tomorrow.

I know it will be better, but I just wished that the company would let other teams dsign football games.  they could use some new ideas...obiously...

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#43 : August 14, 2009, 01:59:09 AM

Just finished playing my first online game and it was awesome. Gameplay is fantastic and I dominated this kid that kept running his mouth.

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#44 : August 14, 2009, 02:06:24 AM

I'd be buying it in an hour from Wal-Mart if I didn't reserve it at Gamestop already. Oh well, I had store credit to use there anyway.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 10 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools