Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Safety draft choices « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 11, 2007, 03:30:38 PM

Will Allen.  People need to get off the guy's back.

#31 : February 11, 2007, 03:32:26 PM

will allen is pretty good and we dont really need another safety

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 11, 2007, 03:33:32 PM

He was absolutely terrible this past season.  I don't know if it's something he can turn around, but he's going to be out of a job soon if he doesn't.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 11, 2007, 03:38:12 PM

He was absolutely terrible this past season.  I don't know if it's something he can turn around, but he's going to be out of a job soon if he doesn't.

Most of our secondary was awful this year.  Even Ronde, while not quite awful, wasn't having a good year.  Neither did the DL.  That issue has been addressed and they will be better next season.  It's too early to sell out on Will with the coaching issues from this season.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#34 : February 11, 2007, 04:59:43 PM

Brandon Merriweather is a grade A dumb jerk, and if we're gonna draft character guys he won't be a Buccaneer.

As long as we are talking about character, I live in Austin and went to UT and have met both the Griffin brothers and they are great guys.  One of my good friends used to volunteer as a tutor at a local elementary school and Michael Griffin did the same thing.  He is a real nice guy, and I think a very good player.  I think he has a tendancy to bite a little too hard on play actions and double moves, but I think with some coaching he could be a pro bowler at the next level.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 11, 2007, 05:54:08 PM

Brandon Merriweather is a grade A dumb jerk, and if we're gonna draft character guys he won't be a Buccaneer.

As long as we are talking about character, I live in Austin and went to UT and have met both the Griffin brothers and they are great guys. One of my good friends used to volunteer as a tutor at a local elementary school and Michael Griffin did the same thing. He is a real nice guy, and I think a very good player. I think he has a tendancy to bite a little too hard on play actions and double moves, but I think with some coaching he could be a pro bowler at the next level.

Good to hear.  I wouldn't mind either him or Merriweather at 2A.  Allen needs to be a backup/special teamer.

STRICK9

Second String

#36 : February 11, 2007, 06:44:21 PM

If we look at it from a value stand point, it will be CJ or JT in the 1st, one of the DE's with the 34/35th pick and Weddle with the 64th pick.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 11, 2007, 06:49:10 PM

Or you could go Offense in the first and Merriweather/Griffin at 2A and Mebane/Thomas/Harrell at 2B.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#38 : February 11, 2007, 11:27:49 PM

Its kind of a dumb question, your asking a bunch of UF, FSU, Miami fans who they want? of course all them are going to say merriweather

Nelson I agree, but not Merriweather

Eric Weddle is a sleeper pick, if he falls we have to grab him, pure playmaker

Poor statement. I'm a UM guy and I want Weddle with 2B. But if Griffin is there at 2A, I wouldn't have a problem with it either. What I do have a problem with is some of the Meriweather lovefests I've seen at some draft sites. I watched Meriweather and he's very good not great. Now Kenny Phillips, there's future greatness. No doubt in my mind the guy is more Eugene Wilson than Ed Reed. The Reed comparisons are over the top to say the least.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 12, 2007, 11:28:07 AM

Griffin and I hope he slips under the radar.  As for Will Allen I am not giving up on him seeing it was his first full year as a starter. 

Shag

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 12, 2007, 11:44:44 AM

Griffin is the best of the three, and Weddle is definately the worst.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 12, 2007, 11:49:34 AM

I think Merriweather is better than Griffin but I am not sure how Merriweather will do as a Pro.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#42 : February 12, 2007, 02:08:35 PM

I am clearly biased but Reggie Nelson is phenomenal.  Guy has so much pure speed and hits a ton.  He allowed UF to get away with some coverages using very average corners.  People knew if the corners made a mistake he would be there to cover up their mistakes.  Having said that I would love to have Griffen or Merriweather too.  I believe all would be an upgrade.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Safety draft choices « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools