Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roddy gets big bucks.....second only to Fitz « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#45 : August 12, 2009, 01:07:36 PM

Michael Jenkins will have a better year than Roddy White in the ATL.
What would make you say that?

I hope Jenkins has a better year due to FF reasons.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 12, 2009, 01:12:34 PM

Oh geeze... top 5?

Seriously?

Larry, Andre, Steve, Randy, Reggie, Anquan, and Chad (when Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't throwing the ball) are all better than Roddy White.� In fact, Chad -- the most arguable on my list -- has played 8 seasons; 5 of those seasons were better than Roddy's best year.
Then why not dust off Tim Brown again? He's had a ton of great seasons. As has already been stated, you don't get your salary decided at the end of each season based on how you did. You get paid based on what you're most likely to do in the future, and when you consider the age and/or injury questions with Moss, Wayne, Boldin, Steve Smith, and Chad Johnson, Roddy White is more deserving.

agreed FRG. Roddy is younger and is healthier than those receivers. Hasn't missed a game yet in his career.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#47 : August 12, 2009, 01:15:42 PM

Larry, Andre, Steve, Randy, Reggie, Anquan, and Chad (when Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't throwing the ball) are all better than Roddy White.  In fact, Chad -- the most arguable on my list -- has played 8 seasons; 5 of those seasons were better than Roddy's best year.

No way I would take Anquan Boldin or Chad Johnson over Roddy White for the next 5 years - and even Moss is questionable for that period of time.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 12, 2009, 06:54:28 PM

Yeah Chad is for all intents and purposes finished as a dominant WR.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 12, 2009, 07:00:39 PM

Yeah Chad is for all intents and purposes finished as a dominant WR.

Why?  He had a nobody throwing him the ball last season.  Even without TJ, I'd expect Ochocinco to nab at least 75 balls for 1000 yards in 2009.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#50 : August 12, 2009, 07:05:16 PM

You might want to read my post again. I said dominant, the Ochocinco of 2003-2007. Those numbers you listed are pale in comparison to what he gave Cincy in the aforementioned time period. He's getting older, slower and the injuries will start to pile-up.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#51 : August 12, 2009, 07:16:41 PM

Why?  He had a nobody throwing him the ball last season.

Who did Calvin Johnson have throwing the ball to him last season?  Or even Roddy White in 2007?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roddy gets big bucks.....second only to Fitz « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools