Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT's First 2007 Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 11, 2007, 09:00:29 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2007mockdraft1.0.htm

2007 MOCK DRAFT 1.0

FEBRUARY 12, 2007

1.  Oakland Raiders:  JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU. 

2.  Detroit Lions:  Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3.  Cleveland Browns:  Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

4.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

5.  Arizona Cardinals:  Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

6.  Washington Redskins:  Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

7.  Minnesota Vikings:  Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

8.  Houston Texans:  Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

9.  Miami Dolphins:  Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

10.  Atlanta Falcons:  LaRon Landry, defensive back, LSU.

11.  San Francisco 49ers:  Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.

12.  Buffalo Bills:  Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

13.  St. Louis Rams:  Reggie Nelson, defensive back, Florida.

14.  Carolina Panthers:  Robert Meacham, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15.  Pittsburgh Steelers:  Levi Jones, offensive tackle, Penn State.

16.  Green Bay Packers:  DeMarcus Tyler, defensive tackle, North Carolina State.

17.  Jacksonville Jaguars:  Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

18.  Cincinnati Bengals:  Leon Hall, defensive back, Michigan.

19.  Tennessee Titans:  Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

20.  New York Giants:  Craig Davis, wide receiver, LSU.

21.  Denver Broncos:  Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

22.  Dallas Cowboys:  Anthony Gonzalez, wide receiver, Ohio State.

23.  Kansas City Chiefs:  Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

24.  New England Patriots (from Seattle):  Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

25.  New York Jets:  Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

26.  Philadelphia Eagles:  Zach Miller, tight end, Arizona State.

27.  New Orleans Saints:  Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

28.  New England Patriots:  Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

29.  Baltimore Ravens:  Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

30.  San Diego Chargers:  Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

31.  Chicago Bears:  Darrelle Revis, defensive back, Pittsburgh.

32.  Indianapolis Colts:  Joe Staley, offensive tackle, Central Michigan.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#1 : February 11, 2007, 09:02:38 PM

they dont even have dwayne jarret in the first round?!?!?! thats insane

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 11, 2007, 09:05:02 PM

This would be fine - 4.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

But I would rather have Thomas. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : February 11, 2007, 09:12:37 PM

This would be fine - 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

I'm pretty confident now that the Lions will take Thomas with their #2 overall pick.

#4 : February 11, 2007, 09:21:11 PM

what no dwayne jarret in the first round insane unbearable i like the fourth pick

#5 : February 11, 2007, 09:34:47 PM

Wait, the Vikes taking another QB on the first day? I know they reached for Jackson but I wouldn't think they'd turn around a year later and pick up Quinn.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 11, 2007, 09:39:27 PM

This would be fine - 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

I'm pretty confident now that the Lions will take Thomas with their #2 overall pick.
  Has there been an insurrection - Millen overthrown?  Do they go wr for the fourth time with first pick?  How can anyone be confident about the Lions doing anything? 

Now there is a load of sarcasm in the statement - but there is a lot of reality.  HC is Defensive - defense is an issue.  OC is Martz, he likes a great oline.  They have contracted and guaranteed a lot of $$ to current LOT Backus - still a lot of questions.  I am gonna hope to get Thomas until it isn't possible.  Recognize the stuff coming out of Detroit, but still gonna hope.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 11, 2007, 09:53:12 PM

As long as the Bucs take Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson I will be smiling

#8 : February 11, 2007, 09:55:03 PM

As long as the Bucs take Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson I will be smiling
Same.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 12, 2007, 10:52:05 AM

From PFT:
WHERE'S DWAYNE?

Our initial 2007 mock draft already has attracted plenty of attention -- and has resulted in a flood of e-mails to PFT headquarters.

"Where is USC receiver Dwayne Jarrett?" is the question posed by hundreds (okay dozens . . . okay one dozen) members of PFT Planet.

Given that we have six receivers listed in our first crack at the first round, most have presumed that we merely overlooked Jarrett.

Though we've been guilty of such stoopidity in the past, this time around the omission was intentional.  Why?  Because the network of scouts and league insiders with whom we collaborated in preparing the first crack at the first round believe that Jarrett will run a 4.6 or slower in his Pro Day workout, which will cause him to fall out of the first round.

Obviously, if/when Jarrett runs faster than 4.6, we'll reassess our position.  For now, though, we think that Dwayne Jarrett will be this year's version of former Trojan teammate LenDale White.

watson

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 12, 2007, 11:28:38 AM

I could see the Minn and Houston picks flip flopping.  Minny needs an RB and Houston needs a young QB to replace Carr as their long term solution.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#11 : February 12, 2007, 04:57:55 PM

From PFT:
WHERE'S DWAYNE?

Our initial 2007 mock draft already has attracted plenty of attention -- and has resulted in a flood of e-mails to PFT headquarters.

"Where is USC receiver Dwayne Jarrett?" is the question posed by hundreds (okay dozens . . . okay one dozen) members of PFT Planet.

Given that we have six receivers listed in our first crack at the first round, most have presumed that we merely overlooked Jarrett.

Though we've been guilty of such stoopidity in the past, this time around the omission was intentional. Why? Because the network of scouts and league insiders with whom we collaborated in preparing the first crack at the first round believe that Jarrett will run a 4.6 or slower in his Pro Day workout, which will cause him to fall out of the first round.

Obviously, if/when Jarrett runs faster than 4.6, we'll reassess our position. For now, though, we think that Dwayne Jarrett will be this year's version of former Trojan teammate LenDale White.

he is slow and i know that makes a huge impact but i still think he would go later in the round to a team like the chargers or the patriots who dont have any playmakers at receiver and with him the the chargers wont be dropping many balls like they did in the playoffs

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 12, 2007, 05:08:48 PM

I don't get the LenDale White comparison - White was the poster child for how not to act prior to the draft - get fat, act like you don't care, etc. - his weight balooned and he never ran for scouts because he tore his hamstring.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#13 : February 12, 2007, 05:11:50 PM

I don't get the LenDale White comparison - White was the poster child for how not to act prior to the draft - get fat, act like you don't care, etc. - his weight balooned and he never ran for scouts because he tore his hamstring.

ya that is a very bad comparison

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#14 : February 12, 2007, 05:19:01 PM

After Mike Williams busting, If Jarrett runs a 4.6 or slower I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop either.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT's First 2007 Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools