Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I bet... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 13, 2009, 04:05:09 PM

Romney lost when he lost Florida, and that was because of McCain's bag of lies - "Romney said he would pull the troops out of Iraq!"

Ol Charley Chrispy had a hand in that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 13, 2009, 04:07:00 PM

Yup.  Very disappointing.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 14, 2009, 09:00:30 AM

Not to 63M Americans it wasn't...lol

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 14, 2009, 09:26:27 AM

Wasn't or.... isn't. Think that 63M would hold up today?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 14, 2009, 10:02:26 AM

I bet the Republican Party wishes they would have nominated Mit Romney. I believe he would win easily.

any republican would at this point.

Why would anyone want some businessman, who took over a struggling company, turned it around and made it very profitable, then took over the Winter Olympics and got it from deep in the red to in the black, then went back to his first company which was struggling again and saved them once more, running things in this economic climate?

Why he didnt win...
Mormon... a lot of people for whatever reason dont like them

It is because of the "Donnie and Marie" show from the 70s. They were brother and sister, but didn't act like it, kinda creepy.

Healthcare in Mass... mess, he created it.

The Bill he introduced would have required all residents to sign up, but the (Dem controlled) legislature amended that as well a bunch of cost reducing measures. He vetoed several parts of the bill, including a part that extends coverage to all immigrants, but all his vetoes were overturned.

But it sounded so good without the facts... LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 14, 2009, 10:26:50 AM

Aagainst McCain it might...  He would still hold the black and minority vote, no matter how terrible his time is in office...

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 14, 2009, 10:57:55 AM

Aagainst McCain it might... He would still hold the black and minority vote, no matter how terrible his time is in office...

Possibly, but I think those on the fence would now, knowing that the moderate they hoped for did not arrive,  vote FOR the old safety of splitting the ticket, Repiblican in the WH and Dems in the Congress. There were nine states that were decided by a few hunded thousand votes that amounted to 109 elctoral votes that could have easily swung the other way.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 14, 2009, 12:01:48 PM

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I bet... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools