Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Everyday you hate to come to the site another breaking news story about injuries « previous next »
Page: 1 2

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 12, 2009, 08:16:55 PM

Have you ever noticed that the vets seem to always "tweak" more hammies than the rookies? It's not all age. Part of it is the players' mentality of "I already have a contract and have solidified a spot on the roster, so I'm not gonna sweat TC every day if I can get out of it".

I'm sure that isn't the case most of the time.

This isn't doing paperwork or pizza deliveries. These guys get payed to do what they love. Players are going to play there hardest, or they aren't going to do much in the league. Especially veterans, because you never know when some young hot shot is going to emerge from the bottom of the depth chart.

Ask T.O. about that while he rode his exercise bike on the sidelines the whole preseason in Dallas. Oh, and what just happened to him the other day?  Out with a sore toe? And don't forget Strahan waiting until the end of TC to decide he wasn't going to retire. These guys know what they are doing. They know when they have to turn it on and when they don't. Joey Galloway and Jeff Garcia during last year's TC? Exactly how injured were they?

The world may never know

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 12, 2009, 08:20:03 PM

Its actually shocking to me that more people on here aren't going off about these rough practices. Full pads and full contact. I'm starting to think that its a bad idea. Too many players are getting injured due to this new approach.
I love it, we're going to be the most violent team in the NFL at this rate.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 12, 2009, 08:24:12 PM

Better now than when we need them for a playoff run.

Yes PLAYOFF'S!!

We win the division, we're in!

Considering we have won the NFC south the most since it was put into place I'd say our chances are pretty damn good.

littlericky

Starter
#18 : August 12, 2009, 08:43:42 PM

Okay this is my first year with pewterreport. I was wondering is there always this many injuries. And is it anything we should be concerened about, or if this was regular season could most of them still go and play. But they are just holding them out right now because it training camp and we have a very long and tough schedule ahead.

dembadbucs

Practice Squad

#19 : August 12, 2009, 08:49:44 PM

Its football...you can only hope for the best as far as injuries are concerned you practice in pads you play in pads...simple

We are going to be a one-cut, downhill, physical football team. -Jeff Jagodzinski

#20 : August 12, 2009, 08:49:54 PM

Seems about normal to me -   and the link provided earlier shows as compared to the entire league we are a bit on the high side (but not much.) That list isn't quite accurate today...

Most of these guys would play in a reg season game... If they're sore, I would let them get better while it's still TC.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : August 12, 2009, 10:33:39 PM

Bidwell has a degenerative hip condition and you're blaming it on the practices? Same thing with Bryants bad knee, it was a pre-existing injury that needed to be addressed, not caused by the practices! Catch a clue!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 12, 2009, 10:43:44 PM

Okay this is my first year with pewterreport. I was wondering is there always this many injuries. And is it anything we should be concerened about, or if this was regular season could most of them still go and play. But they are just holding them out right now because it training camp and we have a very long and tough schedule ahead.

Yes. No. Yes.

#23 : August 12, 2009, 10:51:27 PM

Bidwell has a degenerative hip condition ...

That has not been what has been reported per what MD has said... only Kaufman who has apparently pulled the trigger early.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 13, 2009, 12:03:35 AM

Man, Gruden has made pansies out of all our fans...

Its FOOTBALL people. The Steelers are running the same damn type of camp the Bucs are. The difference? Our boys need to toughen up a bit.

There's been no major injuries due to contact (knock on wood). Its been all hamstrings and sore feet. Bumps and bruises. Bidwell is the most serious and its not like somebody drilled him.

Take off your skirts and act like men, for crying out loud.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 13, 2009, 12:11:36 AM

Man, Gruden has made pansies out of all our fans...

Take off your skirts and act like men, for crying out loud.

Thank you.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Everyday you hate to come to the site another breaking news story about injuries « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools