Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rapper C-Murder sentenced to life in prison « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#150 : August 31, 2009, 11:56:39 AM

2pac/Biggie will always be relevant for at least one of these three reasons, if not all.

1. hey made the biggest leap towards making hip hop mainstream IMO
2. 2pac was/is the best rap has to offer up to this point. Philosophy, poetry, ideals, etc.
3. They both died in their prime. (IMO BIG would have faded away eventually if he didn't die)

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#151 : August 31, 2009, 12:53:28 PM

no way java, this is a lot better, and more insightful than anything KISS has ever done:

"Spittin that real shlt"

LOL
Now I know you didn't listen to that song I linked, you just said it was bad because Jay-Z didn't say that phrase you bolded, those were my thoughts homie.

of course I didn't listen to it, it's a waste of my time............G.......................Dogggggggggg.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#152 : August 31, 2009, 12:54:59 PM

Not being stubborn. 35 years ago their fans were young and now they are old. So they are still played. 30 years from now the things the world's youth will be played instead of yours. It's easy to guess based on that. Rap will be relevant 30 years from now easily. If someone can't see that, they are being stubborn

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#153 : August 31, 2009, 12:55:25 PM

2pac/Biggie will always be relevant for at least one of these three reasons, if not all.

1. hey made the biggest leap towards making hip hop mainstream IMO
2. 2pac was/is the best rap has to offer up to this point. Philosophy, poetry, ideals, etc.
3. They both died in their prime. (IMO BIG would have faded away eventually if he didn't die)

making anything mainstream is not always a good thing, in fact, it is usually the opposite, maintstream generally kills great music imo...

you say that now, but until they pass the test of time, that is all speculation...

I say you are wrong, but no one knows for sure...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#154 : August 31, 2009, 12:58:02 PM

booker,

there are classic rock stations all over this country, classic rock bands will always be played in every market, in every size city or town in the USA.

where are all the rap stations outside of big cities?

classic rock bands are loved by everyone, I would go as far to say that a lot of rap fans can listen to classic rock and enjoy it.  I do not believe that a lot of classic rock fans can listen to rap and identify with it in any way.

10 year olds and 70 year olds can listen to classic rock and identify with it, just good rock and roll is universal.

classic rock, zep, sabbath, kiss, doors, etc. will always have a major place in the music communtiy, now and forever, hip-hop and rap will not.

it is that simple.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#155 : August 31, 2009, 01:21:00 PM

here are some cool lyrics, kind of extreme, and definitely not "feel good" like rap lyrics...lol

"I'd kill myself for you........I'd kill you, for myself"

Gives me goosebumps...

All these guys needed was some facepaint, then they would have been huge!

Hey, they do have something in common with the rap community, their guitarist was shot to death, on stage......bet the rappers are jealous they didn't go out like that...

Now you're really proving what a turd you are. Stick to the rap bashing cause you know squat about metal if you think Pantera wasn't "huge"

lol

you have no understanding of sarcasm?

dude...

and btw, Pantera is HUGE in some circles, but for the most part, they are not known by anyone who is not a metal fan...  I have the discs, I've seen them live, don't go acting like I don't know metal, I would put you to shame...

Not known outside of their genre....ok well that's just not really true and you can use that big old paintbrush to say that about most bands.    So because you have seen a Pantera concert and have the CDs that makes you an expert?   Go ahead you geriatric technology hating weirdo put me to shame.    lol sad.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#156 : August 31, 2009, 01:36:35 PM

Not being stubborn. 35 years ago their fans were young and now they are old. So they are still played. 30 years from now the things the world's youth will be played instead of yours. It's easy to guess based on that. Rap will be relevant 30 years from now easily. If someone can't see that, they are being stubborn

To prove your point, how many Elvis or Beatles songs do you hear on the radio anymore?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#157 : August 31, 2009, 01:42:51 PM

How do you know Kiss will be relevant?

they are today, 35 years after their inception...

I'm going to need some type of clarification on "relevant", which is being thrown around on this thread.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#158 : August 31, 2009, 02:19:29 PM

To prove your point, how many Elvis or Beatles songs do you hear on the radio anymore?

I hear them every single day.    You won't hear them if you listen to a rap station.   I don't listen to rap stations.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#159 : August 31, 2009, 02:41:15 PM

I hear them every single day. You won't hear them if you listen to a rap station. I don't listen to rap stations.

Not quite true Java, you just might be able to catch Lil Wayne remixing HELP. I was being gracious in the use of "remix".

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#160 : August 31, 2009, 02:59:29 PM

I've never heard anything by Lil Wayne.  I'm talking about hearing the original Beatles and Elvis songs.   And I hear them every day.   Even live bands play their songs every day.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#161 : August 31, 2009, 03:19:53 PM

I've never heard anything by Lil Wayne. I'm talking about hearing the original Beatles and Elvis songs. And I hear them every day. Even live bands play their songs every day.
Perhaps my sarcasm was lost in translation.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#162 : August 31, 2009, 03:25:01 PM

I hear them every single day. You won't hear them if you listen to a rap station. I don't listen to rap stations.

Not in this country you don't ;)

I live in one of the biggest markets in the US and Led Zepplin/Pink Floyd is about as old as they ever take it...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#163 : September 03, 2009, 08:11:34 PM

Not quite true Java, you just might be able to catch Lil Wayne remixing HELP. I was being gracious in the use of "remix".

This guy pisses all over Lil Wayne
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rapper C-Murder sentenced to life in prison « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools