Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rapper C-Murder sentenced to life in prison « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 16, 2009, 12:42:03 PM

lol...it's too funny the mentality that some rappers have to actually live the life rather than just siing about it.  What's even more funny is how most of these "tough" gangsta rappers look down on ligh rappers such as Will Smith because he is a sell out.  Last I checked he demands more money in Hollywood than just about any other male on the planet, is married to a smokin hot wife, and virtually every album he has released has done extremely well.  Yep, poor old Will will never compare to Tupac and all those awesome Gangsta rappers!!  We love you Biggie....
QFT

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 16, 2009, 01:56:41 PM

If you can show me one post where you have ever disagreed with any move the Bucs have ever made, I might believe you.

Do your own homework.   It ain't hard.   I wasn't happy they hired Morris so fast.   I wanted him to fix the defense as the coordinator.   I think if they wanted to fire Gruden they should've done it earlier then spent longer finding a replacement.   That didn't happen though.   I don't have to agree with the methods.   I am willing to wait and see if they were right or not.   Something you can't seem to do.   I just think you're acting like a baby who's lolli got stolen.....over a freakin coach lol.   Makes me wonder is all. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 16, 2009, 03:13:47 PM

Tupac was a legend.

only because he died...
'facepalm'

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 16, 2009, 06:07:16 PM

Run DMC put rap on the map.

Aerosmith put rap on the map ...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 16, 2009, 07:07:48 PM

great point, and I am still holding a grudge against them to this day...

without Aerosmith, ROCK GODS, there is a chance that rap music may have never hit the mainstream.

guys like tupac and biggie (though they never would have been famous) might still be alive today if it weren't for Aerosmith....well, er, ummmm, ok, well, they would probably still be dead, but not because of a rap-thug-gang war, probably just a thug-gang war, if there is a difference...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 16, 2009, 07:31:39 PM

I think the groups on Crush Groove would have something to say about that.

Aerosmith and Run DMC created the rap/rock combo, they didn't put rap on the map.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 16, 2009, 08:20:28 PM

Aerosmith and Run DMC created the rap/rock combo, they didn't put rap on the map.

they certainly put rap on top 40 radio, that can't be denied...

never heard anything from crushgroove on the radio.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 16, 2009, 08:25:41 PM

great point, and I am still holding a grudge against them to this day...

Jesus Christ...

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 16, 2009, 08:57:50 PM

Hey Turbo, I am the same age as you are, I am a white male, quit being so close minded already. I am sure if you were out somewhere having a few **CENSORED**tails and let's say "funky cold medina" came on - you'd be all into it I'm pretty sure(and if you say no you are lying).

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 16, 2009, 11:04:14 PM

Hey Turbo, I am the same age as you are, I am a white male, quit being so close minded already. I am sure if you were out somewhere having a few **CENSORED**tails and let's say "funky cold medina" came on - you'd be all into it I'm pretty sure(and if you say no you are lying).

That song wouldn't bother me, hell, that song brings back a lot of college memories, I'd probably crank it up!

Is being close minded not being able to like something due to the fact that it sucks?  If so, I guess I am guilty of closed-minded-ness.

Stratobuc

Starter
#40 : August 16, 2009, 11:28:31 PM

The "hook" riff in Funky Cold Medina is a Van Halen sample (Jamie's Cryin'). Ironic aint it?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 17, 2009, 12:05:32 AM

That song wouldn't bother me, hell, that song brings back a lot of college memories, I'd probably crank it up!

Is being close minded not being able to like something due to the fact that it sucks? If so, I guess I am guilty of closed-minded-ness.

No but to say that you just flat out hate all rap music and it sucks is a lie, because everyone likes it a little bit.

RudeGuy

Starter

#42 : August 17, 2009, 01:56:48 AM

I thought the Sugarhill Gang did when they appeared on American Bandstand.

I thought BLONDIE did when she scored the first top 40 rap song ever? (Rapture)

I believe the Sugarhill Gang had a top 40 hit before Blondie.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 17, 2009, 09:52:25 AM

I thought the Sugarhill Gang did when they appeared on American Bandstand.

I thought BLONDIE did when she scored the first top 40 rap song ever? (Rapture)

I believe the Sugarhill Gang had a top 40 hit before Blondie.

better look that one up man, I think you are wrong...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 17, 2009, 09:53:05 AM

Is being close minded not being able to like something due to the fact that it sucks? If so, I guess I am guilty of closed-minded-ness.

No but to say that you just flat out hate all rap music and it sucks is a lie, because everyone likes it a little bit.

I beg to differ...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rapper C-Murder sentenced to life in prison « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools