Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kyle Orton « previous next »
Page: 1 2

biffbeaumont

Starter

: August 14, 2009, 11:02:53 PM

3 picks tonight. All the idiots who said this guy was someone to watch apparently didn't watch him like I have. Mediocre at best. Coffee is the guy to watch, even though all the "experts" said he won't do anything. Just watch. ROLL TIDE!  No bias here ;)

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 14, 2009, 11:08:51 PM

Orton could be a fantasy steal but I think McDaniels might run more since its his first year.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#2 : August 14, 2009, 11:21:04 PM

Only thing Orton is gonna be stealing is a seat on the bench pal. Watched him for years. He sucks. Take a look at my RB Coffee, who all the "experts' said was gonna have a tough time. I'll tell you this. Smith isn't much better than Orton, so Coffee will get his looks this year.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 15, 2009, 01:02:10 PM

Only thing Orton is gonna be stealing is a seat on the bench pal. Watched him for years. He sucks. Take a look at my RB Coffee, who all the "experts' said was gonna have a tough time. I'll tell you this. Smith isn't much better than Orton, so Coffee will get his looks this year.

Dude, your talking about Shaun Hill not Kyle Orton. Orton plays for the Broncos.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#4 : August 15, 2009, 01:08:41 PM

Dude, your talking about Shaun Hill not Kyle Orton. Orton plays for the Broncos.

No, I  know who Orton plays for.. ORTON, who plays QB for the Broncos, formerly QB for the Bears, sucked out loud. I then made the mistake of inserting Smith for Simms and Coffee for Simms. I had a late night., sorry. What I meant to say is that Simms and Orton will be in a battle this year I think. I'm gonna start drinking now so maybe my future posts on this subject will make sense ;)

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 15, 2009, 01:10:47 PM

Lol funny, its cool. I think Orton will suck too.

No, I know who Orton plays for.. ORTON, who plays QB for the Broncos, formerly QB for the Bears, sucked out loud. I then made the mistake of inserting Smith for Simms and Coffee for Simms. I had a late night., sorry. What I meant to say is that Simms and Orton will be in a battle this year I think. I'm gonna start drinking now so maybe my future posts on this subject will make sense ;)

biffbeaumont

Starter

#6 : August 15, 2009, 01:15:43 PM

My basic thought is just that I don't see why so many people, espn and the like, think that suddenly Orton is gonna turn into Joe Montana. I think he's serviceable, but just barely. Each one of those picks were awful. Totally his fault. Made the 49ers D look like the damn Steelers.

#7 : August 15, 2009, 02:38:57 PM

Coffee is playing behind Gore, so good luck with that. Pick a bench warming RB. Besides it one game and to top it off a PRESEASON game. Coffee played against bum back ups who will probably never make it in the NFL.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#8 : August 15, 2009, 04:41:12 PM

Coffee is playing behind Gore, so good luck with that. Pick a bench warming RB. Besides it one game and to top it off a PRESEASON game. Coffee played against bum back ups who will probably never make it in the NFL.

I wasn't really referring to Coffee as a Fantasy player, more in line with how he was playing and my thoughts on how he will play. As for Fantasy Football itself, what do I know, I only WON my entire league last year, including the Super Bowl, so yes, good luck to me indeed.. Gee, I didn't realize that backups played in Pre-season. Thanks for your keen insight. Then again, regarding RB's, you'll probably take Bush over Pierre Thomas, right?

#9 : August 16, 2009, 06:33:58 AM

I wasn't really referring to Coffee as a Fantasy player, more in line with how he was playing and my thoughts on how he will play. As for Fantasy Football itself, what do I know, I only WON my entire league last year, including the Super Bowl, so yes, good luck to me indeed.. Gee, I didn't realize that backups played in Pre-season. Thanks for your keen insight. Then again, regarding RB's, you'll probably take Bush over Pierre Thomas, right?
So you post in a fantasy football forum, but not referring to fantasy football. Great...

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#10 : August 16, 2009, 11:07:37 AM

My basic thought is just that I don't see why so many people, espn and the like, think that suddenly Orton is gonna turn into Joe Montana. I think he's serviceable, but just barely. Each one of those picks were awful. Totally his fault. Made the 49ers D look like the damn Steelers.

ESPN is just riding the trade. Trades like that don't happen often everyone is overrating it.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 16, 2009, 06:34:38 PM

Orton will be a solid fantasy QB this year.

He'll be a top end QB 2 or extremely low QB 1.

Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal combine for a tremendous WR combo.

Not to mention Tony Scheffler, Knowshon Moreno, and Correll Buckhalter will provide Orton solid options in the short passing game, something that McDaniel not only loves to emphasize but Orton excels at.

I'd take him between the 8th and 10th round in single QB leagues and as high as the sixth or seventh in double QB leagues.

#12 : August 16, 2009, 06:46:23 PM

Orton will be a solid fantasy QB this year.

He'll be a top end QB 2 or extremely low QB 1.

Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal combine for a tremendous WR combo.

Not to mention Tony Scheffler, Knowshon Moreno, and Correll Buckhalter will provide Orton solid options in the short passing game, something that McDaniel not only loves to emphasize but Orton excels at.

I'd take him between the 8th and 10th round in single QB leagues and as high as the sixth or seventh in double QB leagues.
No doubt he has options. Not to mention he has one of the best LT in the league in Clady. That team will be better than people think. Orton never had this many options in his career.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 16, 2009, 07:00:44 PM

Agreed.

The OP is putting a foolishly large amount of stock in a single pre-season performance.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 10, 2010, 03:27:20 PM

CALLED IT!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kyle Orton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools