Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D'Angelo Williams « previous next »
Page: 1

mxs721

Starter

: June 13, 2009, 08:03:26 PM

Will D'Angelo Williams come anywhere close to repeating his 2008 season? I'm wondering where he ranks among RB's this year. Definetly behind Peterson but not sure where. Panthers have a pretty tough schedule this year. What do you think?

TRJ997

Second String

#1 : June 15, 2009, 11:24:46 AM

DeAngelo Williams is a very interesting and difficult player to project this season. He is getting little to no love from your average fantasy manager, but there are some experts who are very high on him. I wouldn't burn a top 10 pick on him, but he has the potential to slide with all of the WRs going so early. He won't match last year's 1,636 yards and 20 TDs, but he could still put together a very nice season. It won't be hard for him to maintain the 273 carries he got last year, even with J. Stew coming on.

One downside to picking DeAngelo is that the price of his handcuff is very high. J Stew is going in the 5th/6th rounds, whcih is when you will be drafting starters. You almost have to committ to playing them both.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 15, 2009, 11:40:30 AM

Hmmm - he helped destroy the Bucs in December and we did nothing to fix the problem except to stack another couple of bodies on the d-line - unless DeAngelo Williams is hurt he could have 400 yards rushing in the two games he plays against us...

Here's a new picture of DeAngelo's final game against the 2008 Buccaneer defense (which is ironically a LOT like the NEW defense...):

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 10, 2009, 11:08:15 PM

Just traded him. I don't like the schedule and I don't like the carry #'s

#4 : August 17, 2009, 03:05:09 PM

ya u traded him to me bryant89 and im happy with him. Take deangelo because they're o- line  is beastly and they will run ball 30-35 times a game with deangelo getting about 15-20 caries.
People say the panthers schedule is tough, which is true but i think schedules are an overrated factor in drafting a player...and plus he gets to play bucs saints and falcons 2 times each and those defenses are nothing to be scared of.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 17, 2009, 04:26:36 PM

ya u traded him to me bryant89 and im happy with him. Take deangelo because they're o- line is beastly and they will run ball 30-35 times a game with deangelo getting about 15-20 caries.
People say the panthers schedule is tough, which is true but i think schedules are an overrated factor in drafting a player...and plus he gets to play bucs saints and falcons 2 times each and those defenses are nothing to be scared of.

True but the NFC east games he will have his hands full.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D'Angelo Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools