Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FF WR vs RB « previous next »
Page: 1

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: August 15, 2009, 09:34:11 AM

I was doing a mock the other day on CBS and ended up having a debate with someone about #1WR vs Stud RBs. I had the 7 pick out of 12 and in rounds 1 & 2 went Gore then Jacobs. Dude told me stud Rbs were and thing of the past and grab #1WRs early because there are not many out there. I counter with split carries hurt RBs so grab the horses early. So I'm asking you guys where do you stand on this? Oh and my mock ended up like this:

Donavan,Gore,Jacobs,Desean Jackson,Steve Smith(car) AB,Olsen,Rackers, and Ravens D,BENCH Big Ben,Grant,Benson,Harvin,Holmes,Jets.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 15, 2009, 01:27:07 PM

You have to get a top WR early. I go RB, WR or WR RB depending on position. Last year I went WR WR and did really well. I would have done better if Moss didn't lose Brady.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 15, 2009, 07:17:38 PM

I disagree.   I almost always go RB/RB and have finished 1st or 2nd in my two money leagues 5 times in the past three years (winning each one once).   Last year I took Jennings in the 4th Round of my league after going RB/RB/WR.  Now he's considered a top 5 WR.  I took Bernard Berrian in the 8th round.

The only WR I see worthy of 1st round consideration is Fitzgerald.  There's some guys worthy of 2nd round consideration obviously and I agree that if you're drafting later in the 2nd you'd be more likely to go with a WR, but WR/WR is crazy in most instances.  I don't care what some of the "experts" are trying to sell.

Of course each league is different.  Knowing the draft tendencies of the others in the league is key.  How big is you league?  10 team vs. 12 team can make a difference.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 15, 2009, 08:48:14 PM

I'm in a 10 league and a couple 12s.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 15, 2009, 11:11:27 PM

Your team is studly.  Not sure how you got Steve Smith and Ryan Grant to go along with Gore/Jacobs though.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 15, 2009, 11:27:31 PM

I play in a Points per reception league so WRs are worth more than usual.

#6 : August 16, 2009, 06:32:26 AM

It really depends on the #s of teams. If there is a lot of teams, I always got RB/WR. It gets hard to find RBs later in the draft as well.

#7 : August 17, 2009, 02:58:37 PM

hey 1va bucs fan im with u on this. I think going rb rb is key because the rb depth is weaker than wr depth. I wanted to go gore and jacobs for my team but i had to settle for jacobs and slaton...(i then shipped slaton off to get deangelo)...there are plenty of quality wr to be had from rounds 3-6. I got jennings, bowe and evans in those rounds and im fine with them. go rbs early because they are harder to find
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FF WR vs RB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools