Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs @ Titans Game Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 26 27 28

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#405 : August 15, 2009, 11:07:44 PM

My favorite thing is seeing that our leading rusher is a guy who I didn't even know was on the team. Ahhhh, pre-season game #1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#406 : August 15, 2009, 11:09:46 PM

Whoever you are pulling for to start from what I've seen Lefty is the only one who gets this offense. He's looking downfield first. Luke Checkdown is still playing west coast ball; and that's not how this offense is supposed to work. For everyone calling for Freeman to start - if he does it's going to be a long year. I have nothing against Freeman, but coming in you knew he was not going to be a Ryan or Flacco. He's not as polished and that's OK. Let's not do him like we did with Dilfer or like the Titans did with Young for that matter. Personally, I like are chances with Leftwich this year. Hey, if nothing else, at least we'll make the ESPN highlights this year instead of the regular 5 field goal snoozers. OK, I'm done. Gotta catch a flight take care guys.

This guy said it best.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#407 : August 15, 2009, 11:15:15 PM

If we release Josh Johnson we're retarded. Plain and simple. In one drive he looked better than the other 3 QBs combined.

lol

bucwildfan

Starter

#408 : August 15, 2009, 11:33:20 PM

Not bad?  Did you miss the first qtr with Clown?  Our D was a pleasant surprise

I would have to agree with you, Mccown doesn't have IT. It should me Lefty/JJ/Freeman. We'll see how it goes but so far i would have to say Leftwich A-/ Mccown C-/ Freeman C/ Josh B-plus

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#409 : August 16, 2009, 12:09:10 AM

Don't know the severity, but, TBO posted this re: tonight's injury report...

TBO_Buccaneers Anwar: Bucs injuries - LB Matt McCoy (ankle), WR Dexter Jackson (ankle), S Will Allen (shoulder).

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#410 : August 16, 2009, 12:22:26 AM

My random rumblings on a few players:

Geno Hayes - I suspect another year of weight training that he will easily replace Phillips in the near future. 

Luke McCown - He is hurting himself by playing it safe with checkdowns because that may have worked with Jon (see Brian Griese check downs pre season last year).  But if he truly wants to take the reings he needs to open it up because he has the physical ability.

QB's in general:  Not a single QB stepped up to the plate, so I guess the next game will be very, very interesting.

Sabby/Nicholson - He is simply a better fit for this defensive scheme while Nicholson appears to be a bad fit.

EJ Biggers:  Very raw, comfortable in BnR, and looks like he can be something in the pros.  Surprisingly impressed in my opinion.

DL:  Pass rush needs work, but they have embraced the new scheme quickly with their run defense.  Defensive tackle looks strong.

Second string OL looks as if they have picked up on zone blocking.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#411 : August 16, 2009, 12:32:27 AM

Huggy Bear has a motor. Lynch said he might not make the team, but I'd like to see him on the roster
Don't see how he makes it. I agree would like to see him do it, but Clifton is a lock, Caddy with his salary and potential are a lock same with Ward and he isn't beating out Graham who can play it all.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#412 : August 16, 2009, 12:35:44 AM

I do not see Caddy as a lock.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#413 : August 16, 2009, 12:38:48 AM

I do not see Caddy as a lock.

His Salary pretty much guarantee's him IMO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#414 : August 16, 2009, 12:40:05 AM

I do not see it as an obstacle from my perspective.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#415 : August 16, 2009, 12:42:56 AM

I do not see it as an obstacle from my perspective.

Even if it wasn't, you have this rookie from Hofstra beating out Caddy?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#416 : August 16, 2009, 12:43:59 AM

New scheme, new coaching staff.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#417 : August 16, 2009, 01:09:10 AM

New scheme, new coaching staff.

Still, I think we both know Caddy isn't going anywhere. Huggins looked nice, reminds a little bit of Highthower, but Caddy runs like a madman. Who knows... maybe your right.

Page: 1 ... 26 27 28
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs @ Titans Game Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools