Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Letter to the Editor « previous next »
Page: 1 2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

: February 12, 2007, 12:34:07 AM

Fans Revel In Tony Dungy's Super Bowl Victory

Published: Feb 11, 2007

News from TBO.com:

Leave Sports In Section

Regarding "Bucs Fans Celebrate For Dungy" (Our Opinion, Feb. 6):

Do the sports writers at the Trib have any problem with sports being moved to the opinion page? Since when do sports merit editorials? While taking issue with the last editorial, which had the nerve to call for the firing of the Buccaneers' head coach, I think Tuesday's takes the cake.

Many of us feel great affection for Coach Dungy and suffered and cried for his family last year during the terrible passing of his son, Jamie. We are equally happy to see him win a Super Bowl, but this did not in any way lessen the pain of losing to St. Louis or Philadelphia twice.

And you are showing your bias by saying the Glazers fired him too soon. We won a Super Bowl the next year and it took Coach Dungy four more years. Considering how things turned out, perhaps it was best for all concerned.

Please do us a favor and give opinions about politics, elections, the Tampa City Council, water conservation, etc. Leave the sports to the competent writers in the sports section.
KAREN ANDERSON

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : February 12, 2007, 01:30:26 AM

Nice. They don't have competent writers.

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 12, 2007, 09:37:28 AM

They will put your letter near the toilet paper.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : February 12, 2007, 09:39:03 AM

It was in the Sunday paper.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 12, 2007, 09:45:34 AM

Congrats, Karen. Well said.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 12, 2007, 10:05:24 AM

Thanks Karen, well played.

watson

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 12, 2007, 11:19:50 AM

Kudos

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 12, 2007, 11:55:46 AM

Good post Karen you are on a roll

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 12, 2007, 12:35:25 PM

Great letter Karen!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 12, 2007, 01:16:34 PM

:o
Who are you and what have you done with Karen?  :)

JK
Nice post karen

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

frankbuc

Second String
#10 : February 12, 2007, 01:18:54 PM

nice...very nice  ;D

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : February 12, 2007, 02:05:00 PM

Since when do sports merit editorials?

When it affects more than the sports world.....and Dungy's accomplishment as the first African American surely does.
Many stories in sports transcend into society. I see nothing wrong with putting editorials about Dungy or any other sports story in the non-sports editorial section for the non-sports enthusiast to read.

But congrats on your fame of being "published" -

coolhandluke

Starter

#12 : February 12, 2007, 02:13:50 PM

LOL@ Karen.. This was said on the Radio I believe by Duemig Last WEEK.. Karen I believe just took it and wrote a letter.. It is a good thing you were not on OPRAH..She would have your head...

You might fool some on here but most of us know better

CLICK

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 12, 2007, 02:24:47 PM

Nice post Karen.  Come on Luke, Steve wasn't the only one with that comment last week.  Plus it still took some stones to send it to the paper.  My girl can't win for loosing...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

coolhandluke

Starter

#14 : February 12, 2007, 03:19:04 PM

I have no problem with the letter but at least come clean. Also it didnt take Stones to write a letter to the editor. People do it all the time and far problems that really mean things like our Roads being made safer and our Schools and hospitals.. I dont think writing a letter about a sport that is entertainment ranks up there near out well being and our health!!!

When you pat yourself on your back... at least make sure it is your own material!

CLICK
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Letter to the Editor « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools