Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Josh Johnson Support Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18

: August 16, 2009, 08:45:14 PM

There is something that has been bothering me for a very long time now. It has been burning deep down inside of me weeks before last night's preseason game. Here it is:

I truly believe that Josh Johnson is the best quarterback on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and I also feel that Josh has not had a fair opportunity to be in the mix for the starting QB job.

If you also thought that Josh is the best quarterback on the team after last night's game, forget about it. I am not talking about last night's game and this is not about Josh's performance against the Titans.

Here is why I think Josh is the best quarterback on this team:

- Josh has all of the physical tools a quarterback needs to be successful.
- Josh is the smartest quarterback on the roster and the most mentally sharp.
- Josh is the fastest quarterback on the team.
- Josh is the most accurate.
- Josh has the quickest release.
- Josh has the best pocket presence.

So you still don't believe me and don’t think Josh is the best quarterback on the team? I’ll tell you what, go to training camp and watch him practice first hand. Watch Josh in the limited reps that he gets. See the lasers that he throws. See first hand how amazing his accuracy is. Watch how he takes care of the football. Watch him in the pocket.

If you go to training camp, and watch him play you can’t tell me he's not the best quarterback on the team.

So why wasn’t Josh given a chance? I don’t know. Raheem Morris promised Luke McCown a fair chance to win the starting job. He also promised Byron Leftwich a fair chance at the starting job. Why wasn't Johnson also promised a fair chance?

I think that Johnson can be our franchise quarterback, but he wasn’t given that chance. Was it because the Bucs drafted Josh Freeman and forgot all about Johnson?

I don't understand why the Bucs and their ownership believe that a franchise quarterback has to be a first round draft pick. Why would you spend a first round draft pick on another project to play with at quarterback when you were almost finished putting the final touches on the other project you drafted last year? Was he not good enough because of his fifth round draft status?

If you think or have heard that Josh Johnson isn't developed yet or that he's still a project or that he has a long way to go, forget about it. Josh has spent every singe day since he has been drafted being developed and working one-on-one with Greg Olsen for hours after practice and on his own time. Unfortunately, the attention has turned away from Johnson and is being focused on Freeman now.
Why is Josh Johnson the forgotten man? Is Johnson somehow in Jagodzinski's dog house? Is he not getting an opportunity because he was one of Gruden's guys? Or because he was just a fifth round draft pick?

All I am asking here is that Josh get's a fair chance and a fair opportunity to win the starting quarterback job. I want Josh to get the same amount of reps as Luke and Byron get, and I want to see him play with the first team. Unfortunately, this hasn’t happened because the quarterback battle was predetermined between Luke and Byron before training camp even started. Why?

I feel that Josh Johnson was ripped off and all of his hard work doesn’t mean anything now. What is going on here is an absolute travesty.

So, Johnson was forgotten because of Josh Freeman. Well, Freeman is light years away from playing, and I wish people would stop pretending that he isn't because he is. So why then is Freeman getting reps over Johnson in the preseason and in practice, and why did Freeman have an opportunity to compete for the starting job. A small opportunity it was, but it was still an opportunity that Johnson did not have.

I think Greg Olsen knows that Johnson is the best QB on the team, and I think the players know it too. What I don’t understand is why Jagodzinski doesn’t also know this.

So, what are the Bucs’ plans for Johnson then? Are they planning on putting him on the practice squad? I hope they are not planning that because he will be picked up immediately after he is released by another team once they get a hold of his practice tape.

Johnson is too good to not have a role on this roster. As long as a roster spot is given to him, I will be happy. Why not use him as a quarterback in the Wildcat offense?

Again, all I am asking is that he gets a fair opportunity. Maybe he didn’t get that because the Bucs are afraid that he will win the competition. Maybe the Bucs didn’t want him to win the competition because it would hold back Josh Freeman from playing as the other two quarterbacks are just stopgaps for Freeman. I don’t know.

If he deserves the job and doesn't get it, I will be mad as I’m sure a lot of other fans would be.

If you also believe these things about Johnson, sign the petition.

Brought to you by the committee to give Josh Johnson a fair opportunity to start at quarterback.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: The official petition to start Josh Johnson, the best QB on the Bucs and the farthest along in Greg Olson's offense.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 16, 2009, 08:48:57 PM

- Josh is the smartest quarterback on the roster and the most mentally sharp.

Link?

- Josh is the most accurate.
Proof or S.T.F.U. PR has written several articles disputing that.

- Josh has the best pocket presence.

Link?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 16, 2009, 08:59:25 PM

I'm a big Josh fan but this is the NFL not NBC. You can't make a petition, have a bunch of people sign it and get what you want like a canceled tv show. Fan favorites don't always play. This would be fine if this thread was just reasons Josh should start. But a petition? Really? All the things you say are mostly opinionated. Josh is a hell of a player and I do believe he should get a shot but saying he is the best overall QB through those skills is just ridiculous. He is a baller but he has accuracy problems and we still don't know if he can take a hit. If the coaches do want a fair battle for QB they should let Johnson show what he has. But first he has to show in practice that he can do with what he is given.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 16, 2009, 09:00:14 PM

I think Greg Olsen knows that Johnson is the best QB on the team, and I think the players know it too. What I don�t understand is why Jagodzinski doesn�t also know this.

why do you think this?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 16, 2009, 09:05:47 PM

Let's just hope he makes the team.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 16, 2009, 09:11:09 PM

I'd rather have JJ on this team than Bubba Gump Leftwich.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 16, 2009, 09:15:41 PM

Signed by: Incognito

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#7 : August 16, 2009, 09:16:25 PM

I'd rather have JJ on this team than Bubba Gump Leftwich.

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. "

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 16, 2009, 09:37:57 PM

lol

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#9 : August 16, 2009, 10:21:45 PM

Would love to see him at least get a chance to show what he has.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : August 16, 2009, 10:22:41 PM

The only complaint anyone can bring up with Leftwich is his slow release. He sticks in the pocket, had a cannon for an arm, is accurate, well respected, very composed, and does not play scared like McCown does. That slow release isnt a problem if the timing with the receivers is there and his anticipation stays as good as it is.

#11 : August 16, 2009, 10:43:11 PM

LMAO at Scurvy !!!

;D ;D ;D

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#12 : August 16, 2009, 11:13:23 PM

signed:barberandbrooks

I'll never forgive morris if he cuts him

Baller

Rookie

#13 : August 16, 2009, 11:18:21 PM

This is JJ's Mama starting this RIGHT ???

Lame,that is all that comes to mind,LAME.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 16, 2009, 11:21:18 PM

signed:barberandbrooks

I'll never forgive morris if he cuts him

lol
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Josh Johnson Support Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools