Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Josh Johnson Support Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 16, 2009, 11:21:39 PM

Is this board going to have major meltdown if he gets cut? Josh Johnson looked average last night.  JJ did fine against 3/4th string players but so did a former bucs QB a couple of years ago in preseason. Whats gonna happen Josh Johnson has to face Demarcus Ware on opening day.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 16, 2009, 11:23:16 PM

I'm already prepared for some of these people to burn down the PR servers after our QB throws a couple picks against Dallas

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 16, 2009, 11:25:52 PM

It is a shame Sundelius...the QB conundrum would not be so bad if Gruden was snapping the whip at them...

But that is noether here, nor here, nor here.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#18 : August 16, 2009, 11:29:18 PM

Is this board going to have major meltdown if he gets cut? Josh Johnson looked average last night.

LOL :D  Anyway, I wouldn't say Johnson was just average. He did go 3/5, and the two incompletions he had were dropped passes.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 16, 2009, 11:31:34 PM

Is this board going to have major meltdown if he gets cut? Josh Johnson looked average last night.

LOL :D  Anyway, I wouldn't say Johnson was just average. He did go 3/5, and the two incompletions he had were dropped passes.

JJ did make a sweet pass on that 2pt conversion. I thought it was the best pass of the night; but I'm not sold on him yet. He did against scrub players; Gradkowski looked great going against scrub players. When he plays against the real talent than we shall see if he should start or not.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#20 : August 16, 2009, 11:35:09 PM

According to the 3rd/4th stringers argument, freeman is the one who should get cut. He played against he same players....but he sucked.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#21 : August 16, 2009, 11:43:40 PM

According to the 3rd/4th stringers argument, freeman is the one who should get cut. He played against he same players....but he sucked.

Is it too late to get our first round draft pick back for Freeman and go with Johnson as our franchise QB instead? No, I'm not giving up on Freeman yet. I just think he needs more time. I also agree that Johnson should get more snaps the next few preseason games.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 17, 2009, 12:14:01 AM

I suspect Johnson is ahead of Freeman when it comes to the mental part of the game and experience. Experience is a major advantage Johnson has over Freeman. Already Johnson has had more OTA's and already two training training camp's. Johnson has had the luxury of being on the active roster watching the game from the sidelines and having two season veteran QB's on the roster with Griese and Garcia last year. The NFL is about consistency if Johnson continues to have consistency he should get a chance. but lets  not anoint him  as our starter yet we still have 3 preseason games to go.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 17, 2009, 12:29:46 AM

Dude I totally agree with you all the way and have thought what you just said sense we drafted Johnson.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 17, 2009, 01:54:49 AM

- Josh is the smartest quarterback on the roster and the most mentally sharp.
- Josh is the most accurate.
- Josh has the best pocket presence.

I'd question these 3 points, particularly the first and third. Last night, he seemed to be the smartest. He didn't try to play Gruden-ball like McCown, bomb it downfield every friggin play like Leftwich, or stare down his receiver the whole time like Freeman. He was also easily the most accurate last night, and also seemed to have the best pocket presence last night. Which is all good and fine, but Tennessee's 1st team defense is in the top 5 in the NFL easily. Their 3rd/4th team defense? Not so much. We can't really say that Johnson has the edge in any of the above three categories(aside from maybe accuracy) without seeing him play against first string defenses...which I'd love to see, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to be getting a fair chance.

And that's where I do agree with you. It seems like Morris drafted Freeman and thus Freeman can't possibly fail because Morris saw him at K-State and he KNOWS he'll be a great NFL QB. Which I certainly hope is true...a franchise QB would be great, to say the least. And while I might prefer that guy to be someone else, I don't care if it's him, Leftwich, McCown, Johnson, or some other guy we pick up next year. So I certainly don't hold anything against Freeman, but what annoys me is that Morris is making it clear that Freeman is guaranteed the starting job within 3 years. By saying (paraphrased) "I'm giving McCown a chance to be like Drew Brees", he's essentially saying that even if McCown turns out to be a GREAT QB, he's still going with Freeman. Which essentially means that unless we have multiple QB injuries in the next couple weeks, it doesn't matter what Johnson does because he's not the future, and thus he'll never get a chance at proving he might actually be better than Freeman.

I hope for the sake of the team that Freeman is the real deal, but I don't have a good feeling about the way he's guaranteed the starting job in a couple years and Johnson is automatically ignored no matter how well he plays. Even if Morris ends up being right, it's still a foolish way to handle the situation.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 17, 2009, 01:58:03 AM

Also, sorry for the double post here, but Gradkowski NEVER looked great against 3rd stringers. Just because a few nutty fans jumped on his bandwagon for the same reason they're doing with Johnson(they hate all the other QBs) doesn't mean he looked great, or even good.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 17, 2009, 07:15:35 AM

I don't think that JJ is the best QB on the team.  Yet.  It would be a shame, though, to let him go if he continues to develop as he apparently has been.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 17, 2009, 07:46:02 AM

I'd rather have JJ on this team than Bubba Gump Leftwich.

Oh no you didn't Snook!  Mr. Perfect, AKA UFOjoe said I was being ignorant for saying he talked like a beauty school drop out when I heard his interview Saturday night.  Then someone posted that he scored very high on his wonderlic testing?  Who gives a crap?!  HE STILL TALKS LIKE BUBBA GUMP WITH A MOUTH FULL OF GRITS!!  I like him and believe he will be our starting QB, but I'm sure he gets guys confused on what plays he is calling with the lingo problem.  Oh yeah, he needs to quit throwing torpedoes when receivers are 15 yards away; put some touch on it Lefty!!

k_bassuka

Starter

#28 : August 17, 2009, 08:13:09 AM

They won't give him a fair chance. Leftwich is the clear front runner to be the starter and Luke is the White QB on the roster why is he still here, don't know any other reason other than that. The Freeman love affair will cause JJ to get the boot, life is not fair and he will get a chance to be a QB elsewhere hopefully such move don't comeback and bite us in the butt.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 17, 2009, 09:45:21 AM

I'd rather have JJ on this team than Bubba Gump Leftwich.

Oh no you didn't Snook!  Mr. Perfect, AKA UFOjoe said I was being ignorant for saying he talked like a beauty school drop out when I heard his interview Saturday night.  Then someone posted that he scored very high on his wonderlic testing?  Who gives a crap?!  HE STILL TALKS LIKE BUBBA GUMP WITH A MOUTH FULL OF GRITS!!  I like him and believe he will be our starting QB, but I'm sure he gets guys confused on what plays he is calling with the lingo problem.  Oh yeah, he needs to quit throwing torpedoes when receivers are 15 yards away; put some touch on it Lefty!!

Umm have you heard one of Cadillac or AB's interviews? They ought to understand him quite well in the huddle. Leftwich sounds like Tom Brokaw compared to those guys. Who gives a crap? They're all football players not professors.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Josh Johnson Support Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools