Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Josh Johnson Support Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#255 : October 12, 2009, 12:38:45 PM

If it really pisses you off so bad to see people post opinions that differ from yours you don't have to ask them to leave.....you can always leave yourself.   Just something for you to think about. 

If you read my post a bit more carefully, you'll see that I have no problem with opinions. What I was talking about (I'll say it again) was people who say they're done with the Bucs and that the Bucs are garbage. If someone is gonna give up on the Bucs during trying times... then they were never a real fan to begin with. Those people would fall under the category of "fair-weather-fan"... and a true fan doesn't say "the Bucs are garbage". Maybe their GAME is garbage, maybe their performance was garbage... but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not garbage. (Hypothetically speaking) If your son was in little league and wasn't playing well, would you say he's garbage? If your daughter was in ballet and wasn't performing well, would you say her PERFORMANCE was garbage... or would you say SHE is garbage?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#256 : October 12, 2009, 12:59:47 PM

I bash the Bucs, their ownership, players and coaching staff relentlessly.  But I still tune in every game and watch them till the final whistle.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#257 : October 12, 2009, 01:09:01 PM

I did learn, last night, from Josh Johnson's wikipedia page ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Johnson_(American_football) ) that his cousin is Oakland-area rapper Mistah FAB -- who provided the world with the fantastic little tune"Ghost Ride It," which taught us all how to ghost-ride our whips.

So, I guess he's got that going for him.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#258 : October 12, 2009, 01:18:13 PM

If it really pisses you off so bad to see people post opinions that differ from yours you don't have to ask them to leave.....you can always leave yourself.   Just something for you to think about. 

If you read my post a bit more carefully, you'll see that I have no problem with opinions. What I was talking about (I'll say it again) was people who say they're done with the Bucs and that the Bucs are garbage. If someone is gonna give up on the Bucs during trying times... then they were never a real fan to begin with. Those people would fall under the category of "fair-weather-fan"... and a true fan doesn't say "the Bucs are garbage". Maybe their GAME is garbage, maybe their performance was garbage... but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not garbage. (Hypothetically speaking) If your son was in little league and wasn't playing well, would you say he's garbage? If your daughter was in ballet and wasn't performing well, would you say her PERFORMANCE was garbage... or would you say SHE is garbage?

Right....and I agree with you.   I still believe, like I said, however that they are still fans they just fall into one of two categories.   The first being a long time fan who had that taste of success and now doesn't want to take the time to rebuild because they didn't think it was necessary with Gruden as coach.    The second are short termers and have never known of the Bucs sucking so bad and don't have the patience to stand strong with the team.   That second group can take a hike for all I care.  I get what you're saying though and it would be nice to get some more positive thinking around here.   It's strange to me.   I still read and occasionally post on the other bucs board.   It used to be the place all of the naysayers and downers posted to.   Now when I read threads over there they (not all but most) have a more positive outlook on the rebuilding process compared to this place.   It's like the two boards flip flopped. 

Page: 1 ... 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Josh Johnson Support Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools