Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nice Michael Clayton article on ESPN « previous next »
Page: 1

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: October 16, 2006, 07:21:39 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2627773

I would have given anything for anyone to score at the end to win that game, but I am glad it turned out to be Clayton.   I hope he can turn it around, and we can turn it around a bit here on out.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2006, 07:24:00 PM

I have to say watching clayton drop to his knees and celebrate was a joy to watch.. I was about time the team as a whole showed some positive emotion!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 16, 2006, 07:44:55 PM

Very nice article.

And it was great to see the emotion Clayton showed after the TD. Hopefully that emotion and fire will silence some people who say he took everything for granted and doesn't try hard anymore.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 16, 2006, 08:01:49 PM

I have to say watching clayton drop to his knees and celebrate was a joy to watch.. I was about time the team as a whole showed some positive emotion!

agreed, it was like a ton of pressure was just removed from his shoulders...

I hope this is a view of things to come for MC!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 16, 2006, 08:06:16 PM

Let's just hope it continues. Love the kid and want him to play balls out....

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 16, 2006, 09:09:36 PM

nice play...nice article...and nice to see him that happy.....That showed me alot.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 16, 2006, 09:15:57 PM

After Griese went out, his per-game numbers dropped. I attribute some of that to the fact that with Galloway here, he is rarely the #1 option on a passing play. Griese was able to get through his progressions and get the ball to him better than Simms, who tended to lock on to his #1 option too hard. His numbers fell under Simms, but I predict they will improve under Gradkowski. Probably not to his rookie numbers, but I expect he'll end up in the area of about 60 receptions by season's end.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 16, 2006, 10:35:48 PM

After Griese went out, his per-game numbers dropped. I attribute some of that to the fact that with Galloway here, he is rarely the #1 option on a passing play. Griese was able to get through his progressions and get the ball to him better than Simms, who tended to lock on to his #1 option too hard. His numbers fell under Simms, but I predict they will improve under Gradkowski. Probably not to his rookie numbers, but I expect he'll end up in the area of about 60 receptions by season's end.
Clayton is a guy who doesnt get enough looks IMO.  With the lack of a consistent attack, we;ve been forced to look more at GWay, because we need that big play.  With Grads groing and the O improving, you will see more long sustained drives, which means clayton will get more looks.  In all reality, hes a Keyshawn type of guy, whos really going to make his living moving the chains between the 20s.  I think MC is going to be just fine and a swell player for a long time to come.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 17, 2006, 09:03:00 AM

I actually wore my grandson's Clayton jersey Sunday, and my beads for the first time this season.  The jersey is black, and those 4 strands of beads are heavy (they have flags, pirates and gators on them  ;) )and can be hot, but with the beautiful weather, I went for it.  I have to feel guilty that it's my fault for not wearing them sooner.   [banghead] :D

That being said, glad Clayton had such a great day! 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nice Michael Clayton article on ESPN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools