Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR Anyone know why JJ didn't have proper helmet? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 16, 2009, 10:14:20 PM

No communication with the sidelines and he still played almost flawlessly? Another point for JJ.

I'm just sayin' but maybe that was why.

That thought came into my head as well I must admit.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 16, 2009, 11:53:24 PM

The way Leftwich was moving around in the pocket I think he might have had elevator music piped into his helmet instead of the coaching staff.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 17, 2009, 12:35:13 AM

Some of y'all are killing me with the JJ talk, because some of the worst QB's can look like Joe Montana in pre-season and some of the better ones can look like crap, it all means nothing until opening day takes place and the first stringers are playing their butts off against other first stringers.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 17, 2009, 01:07:02 AM

We get that you're a big McCown supporter.

Doesn't mean you should hate and put down the other QBs on the roster.

Most just want whats best for the Bucs

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 17, 2009, 01:36:25 AM

I always & forever hope the Bucs do well, but I just never liked the idea of drafting Josh Johnson who was basically a community college quarterback.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 17, 2009, 10:11:32 AM

I believe the Rules only allow 3 radio equipped helmets on O. Since in a regular season game, most teams only have 3 QBs active for the game, that makes sense.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 17, 2009, 10:17:41 AM

I always & forever hope the Bucs do well, but I just never liked the idea of drafting Josh Johnson who was basically a community college quarterback.

Well that "community college quarterback" was named the MVP of the East-West Shrine Game against the "big boy school" players. He was also a Preseason All-American his senior year and a Walter Payton Award finalist his last 2 seasons.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 17, 2009, 10:24:37 AM

I don't think Josh Johnson had the wrong helmet. I believe the team simply had some issues with the communication via headset from the sideline to the helmet. The back of Josh Johnson's helmet had a green sticker, which indicates it can receive communication from the sideline.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 17, 2009, 10:31:14 AM

I don't think Josh Johnson had the wrong helmet. I believe the team simply had some issues with the communication via headset from the sideline to the helmet. The back of Josh Johnson's helmet had a green sticker, which indicates it can receive communication from the sideline.

Yeah but unfortunately he had the wrong green sticker on his helmet, Jim.......

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 17, 2009, 10:37:35 AM

Yeah but unfortunately he had the wrong green sticker on his helmet, Jeff.......

Who is Jeff?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 17, 2009, 10:41:17 AM

Yeah but unfortunately he had the wrong green sticker on his helmet, Jeff.......

Who is Jeff?

Garcia, he is...the Incredible Hulk!!!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 17, 2009, 10:46:03 AM

Thanks for the advertising on the sig...the better question should be if all the mcclown lovers are going to follow him to the UFL?

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 17, 2009, 11:04:44 AM

I thought the green sticker meant they bought it on sale at Walmart?

Josh Johnson did OK. I think a lot of people are overreacting to his 3/5 - 15 yards and long run against the back-ups to the back-ups.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 17, 2009, 11:55:12 AM

Some of y'all are killing me with the JJ talk, because some of the worst QB's can look like Joe Montana in pre-season and some of the better ones can look like crap, it all means nothing until opening day takes place and the first stringers are playing their butts off against other first stringers.

The problem is with all of the JJ supporters (which I include myself in) is that he won't get the chance to show what he has against the first stringers.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 17, 2009, 12:44:59 PM

The problem is with all of the JJ supporters (which I include myself in) is that he won't get the chance to show what he has against the first stringers.
Exactly, It's nice to see people realizing his talent after a year of tearing him down.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR Anyone know why JJ didn't have proper helmet? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools