Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Other Josh « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : August 16, 2009, 12:36:07 PM

I wonder what would've happened had we not bailed out the Titans with a PI penalty and JJ had another opportunity to win the game. Thats what i was hoping for.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

the big show

Second String

#46 : August 16, 2009, 12:39:25 PM

I said it before, JJ is better than them all. Has Lukes mobility, Lefty's smarts and accuracy and Freemans youth.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#47 : August 16, 2009, 12:41:01 PM

I said it before, JJ is better than them all. Has Lukes mobility, Lefty's smarts and accuracy and Freemans youth.

Could not agree with you more. Johnson is a hero in the making. Unfortunately drafting Freeman was a kick in the teeth.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 16, 2009, 12:57:19 PM

People said and argued the same thing about Shaun King and he's now...............a washed up bum.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 16, 2009, 12:58:44 PM

Nope, he will get his chance to start and hopefully will make the best of it.

You have lost your mind brother!! If you think McClown gets to start after what happened tonight, well then I truly don't know how to respond. My first stab would be for you to go back AND WATCH THE FREAKIN GAME! Are you serious? Josh Johnson looked far better than Luke and that's being kind.
If you think starting Simms a few years ago was bad, you haven't seen nothing yet with starting Luke at home against the Cowboys...we might actually end up blowing up the entire franchise with that stunt. Please find someone else to support.

GuRu anyone who watches football and the pre-season games know that 10,000 things can happen between now and opening day.   

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#50 : August 16, 2009, 03:56:40 PM

Josh played well with the limited opportunity he was given. Only threw 5 passes completed 3. In my opinion I thought he made the best throw of the night on that two pt conversion. Fitting that ball where only the receiver had the chance to grab it.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#51 : August 16, 2009, 04:04:21 PM

A. I don't know about all that
B. Luke McCown doesn't have half the mobility that Josh Johnson does.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

spartan

Hall of Famer
#52 : August 16, 2009, 04:21:55 PM

I know hindsight is 20/20 but after we resigned Luke the worst thing we did was to sign Leftwich. If you thought Luke was a potential starter you needed to go with it. Factor in we drafted Freeman compounded the matter. I am not referring to who is the best QB to start or any slight on Leftwich but what you have developed is the worst case scenario. By that I mean Luke is splitting his reps with Leftwich to see who should start, when he should taking as many reps as possible to prepare. Then you are detracting away from Freemans reps to learn, and Johnson is getting even fewer reps to develop.

Freeman is clearly not ready to start. He stares down his receiver every time. A first round draft pick, even if you want him to sit for a year ought to have wrapped up the backup position with ease. My assessment is that if it was not for his draft status he would be struggling to make the team. He may turn out to be a genius, but now, my point is there is only so many reps and playing time available and we are taking away from everybody to try and fit everybody in.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#53 : August 16, 2009, 06:43:58 PM

I think people might be getting a bit too giddy over lighting up the 4th team defense. Tyler Palko was the "best" QB for ARI, in basically the same spot, Drew Stanton was large for DET, and Erik Ainge outplayed both Clemens and Sanchez for the Jets. It is a long way from whipping up on those guys and playing real NFL level players.

Agree 100%; and JJ is simply a leftover from the Gruden era who is going to be allowed to put some game film together in the pre-season, that he can take with him on the way out the door in 3 weeks. 

I'll bet the house that he makes this team and plays more than anyone thinks right now!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#54 : August 16, 2009, 08:07:56 PM

I'll bet the house that he makes this team and plays more than anyone thinks right now!

OK.

Where do you live?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#55 : August 17, 2009, 12:30:07 AM

I think people might be getting a bit too giddy over lighting up the 4th team defense. Tyler Palko was the "best" QB for ARI, in basically the same spot, Drew Stanton was large for DET, and Erik Ainge outplayed both Clemens and Sanchez for the Jets. It is a long way from whipping up on those guys and playing real NFL level players.

Agree 100%; and JJ is simply a leftover from the Gruden era who is going to be allowed to put some game film together in the pre-season, that he can take with him on the way out the door in 3 weeks.

Dude you're gonna be homeless I'm afraid.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#56 : August 17, 2009, 01:43:13 AM

People need to stop saying JJ got lucky on a broken play. Yes, it looked like a broken play for the offense. But the defense was well within their wits to what was going on, and JJ took it to the house through the middle of the field outrunning every Titans defender. That deserves some merit. Also, I know he had only a couple passes for 15 yds. But, he showed accuracy and poise in the pocket. This kid is doing what he can with what he is given, no matter how little that is. I also believe we should wait and see what he can do against some of the bigger boys but I believe in him.

THIS. People are acting like bobbling the snap somehow makes everyone on the other team run with cement shoes, and thus outrunning the entire defense is no longer impressive. Let's also not act like turning a botched play into a TD isn't a huge plus.

Johnson clearly looked the best last night out of the 4 QBs. I'm not naive enough to say "MAKE HIM STARTERZ!!1!" based on one drive against 3rd/4th stringers in a preseason game, but I also think that you have to recognize that this is all Johnson's being given to work with. And if he stands out, why not give him a chance? I know Freeman is expected to be the future, and I hope he is, but putting all our eggs in his basket would be a huge mistake. "Future franchise QB" is a term we've seen thrown on a LOT of QBs who ended up being terrible in the NFL. Assuming that somehow Freeman is guaranteed to be our future QB is just foolish. So why throw away a guy with a ton of potential just because you drafted another guy in the 1st round? It's not like Johnson costs much to keep around. Give him a shot if he earns it.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#57 : August 17, 2009, 05:43:03 AM

People need to stop saying JJ got lucky on a broken play. Yes, it looked like a broken play for the offense. But the defense was well within their wits to what was going on, and JJ took it to the house through the middle of the field outrunning every Titans defender. That deserves some merit. Also, I know he had only a couple passes for 15 yds. But, he showed accuracy and poise in the pocket. This kid is doing what he can with what he is given, no matter how little that is. I also believe we should wait and see what he can do against some of the bigger boys but I believe in him.

THIS. People are acting like bobbling the snap somehow makes everyone on the other team run with cement shoes, and thus outrunning the entire defense is no longer impressive. Let's also not act like turning a botched play into a TD isn't a huge plus.

Johnson clearly looked the best last night out of the 4 QBs. I'm not naive enough to say "MAKE HIM STARTERZ!!1!" based on one drive against 3rd/4th stringers in a preseason game, but I also think that you have to recognize that this is all Johnson's being given to work with. And if he stands out, why not give him a chance? I know Freeman is expected to be the future, and I hope he is, but putting all our eggs in his basket would be a huge mistake. "Future franchise QB" is a term we've seen thrown on a LOT of QBs who ended up being terrible in the NFL. Assuming that somehow Freeman is guaranteed to be our future QB is just foolish. So why throw away a guy with a ton of potential just because you drafted another guy in the 1st round? It's not like Johnson costs much to keep around. Give him a shot if he earns it.
This. This post can not be quoted enough. Nail, meet head.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Buc31

Starter

#58 : August 17, 2009, 08:46:52 AM

This is starting to look alot like San Deigo's "problem". River's and Brees, tho both qbs are in the top 10. Its no question you'd take Drew over Phillip. I'm not comparing Josh to Brees...but I too am starting to feel like Josh Johnson is the best qb on this roster. Didn't the guy light it up in the senior bowl against top D1 talent???

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#59 : August 17, 2009, 12:57:30 PM

This is starting to look alot like San Deigo's "problem". River's and Brees, tho both qbs are in the top 10. Its no question you'd take Drew over Phillip. I'm not comparing Josh to Brees...but I too am starting to feel like Josh Johnson is the best qb on this roster. Didn't the guy light it up in the senior bowl against top D1 talent???

Let's just hope Josh doesn't get his arm ripped out of his body and then cut, then light it up on another team.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Other Josh « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools