Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks on Sirius NFL Radio « previous next »
Page: 1

STERN11354

Starter

: August 17, 2009, 12:43:53 PM

Just mainly talked about his tryout with Oakland and New Orleans.  He said his tryout with the Saints went real well and he is waiting to hear back from them.  He is keeping the door open with all 32 teams to try and come back this season.  He has no set date to say "if he isn't on a team by such and such a date then he'll retire".

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#1 : August 17, 2009, 12:45:47 PM

no surprise, DB is a class act. Made no fuss when he got cut, took it like a professional. Hopefully we will sign him to a one day thing so he can retire as a buc

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 17, 2009, 12:46:48 PM

He should retire now. Here we are are well into TC/PS and only 2 interviews-one of which he definitely lost out on (Raiders). Six months and nada.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#3 : August 17, 2009, 01:23:10 PM

Its so funny to hear Steve Duemig defend Brooks. Duemig truly believes Brooks was a deserving pro bowler, and a great player last year. He wasnt released due to his play. etc

Duemig seems to be the only person in Tampa who thinks Brooks' play last year was good. Funny how nobody has even attempted to make an offer to  the future hall of famer/ greatest 4-3 OLB of all time

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 17, 2009, 01:26:37 PM

Its so funny to hear Steve Duemig defend Brooks. Duemig truly believes Brooks was a deserving pro bowler, and a great player last year. He wasnt released due to his play. etc

Duemig seems to be the only person in Tampa who thinks Brooks' play last year was good. Funny how nobody has even attempted to make an offer to the future hall of famer/ greatest 4-3 OLB of all time

You have to understand Duemig. He befriends these guys making it difficult for him to separate the friendship to being an unbaised analyst. I think he knows Brooks is done - but he doesn't want to say it because it would hurt his friendship with DB.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 17, 2009, 01:27:29 PM

He should retire now. Here we are are well into TC/PS and only 2 interviews-one of which he definitely lost out on (Raiders). Six months and nada.

He was suprisingly let go and am sure he doesn't want to have the last game be the Oakland game. Have to think of it from his perspective, probably doesn't care where he plays as long as he can get some playing time in.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 17, 2009, 01:29:45 PM

He was suprisingly let go and am sure he doesn't want to have the last game be the Oakland game. Have to think of it from his perspective, probably doesn't care where he plays as long as he can get some playing time in.

Considering that the only two teams who showed minimal interest in him were the Saints and god help him, the Oakland Raiders - the writing should be on the wall for DB.

Its like Sileo said (and I seriously cannot believe I'm actually quoting something that **CENSORED**bag said), "The last thing to go is the heart."

#7 : August 17, 2009, 01:38:06 PM

Duemig seems to be the only person in Tampa who thinks Brooks' play last year was good. Funny how nobody has even attempted to make an offer to the future hall of famer/ greatest 4-3 OLB of all time

You have to understand Duemig. He befriends these guys making it difficult for him to separate the friendship to being an unbaised analyst. I think he knows Brooks is done - but he doesn't want to say it because it would hurt his friendship with DB.

I totally udnerstand that, but Duemig has taken it a couple steos too far (surprise surprise)

and I RARELY even listen to hsi show anymore. BUt I still hear him talking about Brooks. He really hammers his point in, that Brooks is great and anyone who calls his show and says otherwise is stupid. The phone call usually would go like this. Steve- "He made the pro bowql last year didnt he!", and then he hangs up on somebody

Duemig goes out of his way to say that Brooks got shafted here. He even said on the radio that he over heard one of the young LBs saying "thank god Brooks is gone so we can get our chance", and then Duemig replied on his radio that "none of thsoe guys have stepped up and done anything yet", while getting a tad to over emotional and sounding like he wanted to yell at those young LBs for daring to say such a thing

The guy is not intellectually honest, ever. Thats his thing. And this is just another example of it

You knwo this is one of thue rare suituations where I woudl understand Duemig NOT being intellectually honest to defend hi friend, but he takes it wayyy over board and to another level

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 17, 2009, 02:12:07 PM

He is a talk show host.. It's about ratings !! Who cares what he say's anyway.. Mr. Brooks you need to hang it up in style. Quit going to tryouts.. Retire with Class.. Become a great mentor and coach.. In the words of the late Howard Cosell " It's Over"

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 17, 2009, 05:44:23 PM

Brooks played better than most LB before his injury last year...He dominated the Packers game

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Bucnole1

Rookie

#10 : August 17, 2009, 08:02:55 PM

It shocks me how so called Bucs fans talk so bad about Derrick now. Maybe you don't know much about football or have never played a day in your life but Derrick was having a decent year until he got hurt.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 17, 2009, 08:07:43 PM

It shocks me how so called Bucs fans talk so bad about Derrick now. Maybe you don't know much about football or have never played a day in your life but Derrick was having a decent year until he got hurt.

and the bucs had a decent season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 17, 2009, 08:33:18 PM

I second that.

I wish we would have kept him.

How shocking!  ::)

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

#13 : August 17, 2009, 09:07:50 PM

lol I playe din college whered you play? Not that it matters anyways, it doesnt take a former player to tell Brooks was bad last year

Im not a fan because i can be critical of my team without showing bias? Brooks might be my favorite player of all time, doesnt mean he was good last year.

Brooks is incredibly old. Incredibly slow. Incredibly stiff.

He still reads his keys and gets off the ball a step ahead of everyone, but that just wanst enough anymore

old, slow, stiff and HE MADE NO IMPACT PLAYS
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks on Sirius NFL Radio « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools