Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown wasnt bad at all « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

: August 17, 2009, 09:03:51 PM

I just rewatched the game, McCown was not bad at all. That 3rd down conversion that he threw short on the first drive, I watched several times and the 2 outside WRs didnt get off the CBs press before the pass rush was at McCown. The 2 slot WRs both ran patterns short of the 1st down marker. This is the fault of the OC and the WRs

On 2 other 3rd downs that werent converted, we were in 3rd and 10+, Tennessee dropped 7 defenders both times, and there was nothing open. We were in 3rd and 10+ both times because of the running game and playcalling.

Other than that, there wasnt a play you could criticize McCown for. I think Bucs fans are just antsy and were overly critical of everything in the first preseason game.

id l ike someone to tell me exactly where MccOWN FAILED. Where he missed open WRs downfield. What plays were called that he didnt execute. Where were the opportunities that everyone thinks he missed?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#1 : August 17, 2009, 09:05:41 PM

What game were you watching?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#2 : August 17, 2009, 09:06:23 PM

I think he looked awesome too, he really fills out that uniform nicely..........do you think he emotes even the slightest amount of pocket presence????

#3 : August 17, 2009, 09:08:48 PM

Most people and myself included just get frustrated when he throws a two yard out route on 3rd and 13, at least throw to somebody who has a slight chance to make a heroic catch. But no Bryant and no Clayton hurt him to. It's hard to judge both qbs with our top wrs out

#4 : August 17, 2009, 09:09:52 PM

show me which play he was bad on. I watched every one of his snap, over and over several times. I am willing to wait and hear which play exactly you had a problem with.

I know being both critical of your players and accurate at the same time is tough out of a message board crowd, but Im still willing to give you guys a shot. Show me which play you had a problem with. Just one

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 17, 2009, 09:10:30 PM

Yes, because golly gee gosh they only covered downfield when poor lil-Luke was in the game. Those  bad ol' Titans just don't want Mr Lotsa Physical Talent to win the job. They must have done that because they don't want to see Luke in the SB.  Open in the NFL doesn't look like open in college, Byron was throwing to guys who were NFL open and I'm guessing you wouldn't think they were open either.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#6 : August 17, 2009, 09:10:41 PM

Most people and myself included just get frustrated when he throws a two yard out route on 3rd and 13, at least throw to somebody who has a slight chance to make a heroic catch. But no Bryant and no Clayton hurt him to. It's hard to judge both qbs with our top wrs out

Who was open on those plays?

4 man rush, 7 men dropping into zone

If you watched the game on tv Id love to know who you saw open.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 17, 2009, 09:15:18 PM

the open WRs Byron was getting, the passing down and distances Byron was getting, and the playcalling Byron was getting wasnt there for Luke against Tennessees 1st team.

So the fact that he couldn't get it done against a first team defense is now somehow a recommendation for you? Good thinking.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#8 : August 17, 2009, 09:11:13 PM

Yes, because golly gee gosh they only covered downfield when poor lil-Luke was in the game. Those �bad ol' Titans just don't want Mr Lotsa Physical Talent to win the job. They must have done that because they don't want to see Luke in the SB. �Open in the NFL doesn't look like open in college, Byron was throwing to guys who were NFL open and I'm guessing you wouldn't think they were open either.

3rd and 13 moron, who was open?

#9 : August 17, 2009, 09:12:13 PM

btw I find it funny that in another thread you use the old "Bruce Gradkowski looks great against 3rd stringers" argument to down play JOsh Johnsons achievements, yet you see no room for that same argument when it comes to Leftwich facing 2nd and 3rd stringers. odd

the open WRs Byron was getting, the passing down and distances Byron was getting, and the playcalling Byron was getting wasnt there for Luke against Tennessees 1st team.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#10 : August 17, 2009, 09:16:35 PM

I just rewatched the game, McCown was not bad at all. That 3rd down conversion that he threw short on the first drive, I watched several times and the 2 outside WRs didnt get off the CBs press before the pass rush was at McCown. The 2 slot WRs both ran patterns short of the 1st down marker. This is the fault of the OC and the WRs

On 2 other 3rd downs that werent converted, we were in 3rd and 10+, Tennessee dropped 7 defenders both times, and there was nothing open. We were in 3rd and 10+ both times because of the running game and playcalling.

Other than that, there wasnt a play you could criticize McCown for. I think Bucs fans are just antsy and were overly critical of everything in the first preseason game.

id l ike someone to tell me exactly where MccOWN FAILED. Where he missed open WRs downfield. What plays were called that he didnt execute. Where were the opportunities that everyone thinks he missed?

You are talking facts and common sense to a board that exists on emotion. I agree, I did not see a bad play out of him with the exception of the attempted throwback on the facemask penalty. Good analysis.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 17, 2009, 09:17:50 PM

With the exception of? That play exemplifies the Luke McCown Experience.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 17, 2009, 09:17:55 PM

For all the talk that McCown was doing on how he'll be more aggressive in this new scheme, he was doing a great Garcia impersonation. Happy feet and lots of safe throws in the flat.

Some of Leftwich's throws were probably risky, but hey, its the first preseason game. They're competing for the starting spot and throwing 2 yard passes does not get you ahead of the rest.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#13 : August 17, 2009, 09:18:11 PM

He doesn't make a lot of bad plays. Problem is he doesn't make any good plays either.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#14 : August 17, 2009, 09:18:24 PM

So the fact that he couldn't get it done

Who said he couldnt get it done?

Ive yet to hear any of you show me a specific play where Luke didnt get it done

I saw plays where Jeremy Zuttah allowed his man to disrupt the pocket in under 2 seconds. I saw plays where our 3rd and 4th string WRs couldnt get off the press of Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper. I saw plays where WRs ran routes short of the 1st down marker. I saw plays where our OL got no push, resulting in lost yards in the running game and 3rd and long situations. Tell me which play it is that McCown missed an open WR, rolled out too early, held onto the ball too long

Dont just say "Leftwich did it", or "McCcown failed because his teammates couldnt matchup with Tennessees 1st teamers", im not sure how those say anythign in reference to Lukes play
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown wasnt bad at all « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools