Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown wasnt bad at all « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#120 : August 18, 2009, 03:56:38 PM

24-22
58-58
Your splitting hairs buddy

Well, you said Garcia is "far better" statistically, which is true... except in that one area, wins, where Leftwich has the edge.

Garcia also had Jerry Rice to throw to for a couple years. Who has Leftwich ever had?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#121 : August 18, 2009, 04:06:36 PM

24-22
58-58
Your splitting hairs buddy

Well, you said Garcia is "far better" statistically, which is true... except in that one area, wins, where Leftwich has the edge.

Garcia also had Jerry Rice to throw to for a couple years. Who has Leftwich ever had?

Jimmy Smith was pretty damn good the three years Leftwich was the starter in Jax.

Smith had 198 receptions for 3000 yards and 16 TD's Leftwich's first three seasons in the league.  Not too shabby...

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#122 : August 18, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

For Lefty or Smith?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#123 : August 18, 2009, 04:22:37 PM

For Lefty or Smith?

Smith.

Leftwich averaged 2,627 yards, 14.67 TD's, and 10.33 INT's his three years as a starter in Jax.  Leftwich was nothing special while he was in Jacksonville.  That's why he is no longer in Jacksonville.

#124 : August 18, 2009, 04:42:47 PM

um...wrong, Luke McCown was bad in this game. He did not advance the ball and did not score a touchdown. Tell me all you want about how fortunate Lefty was during that TD strike - he put it down field in a place where the receiver could make a play on it. Lefty made it happen by putting the ball in play. If you don't put it in play you aren't going to get the looks - and to the point regarding not getting looks: just why do you that was? Who put the Bucs in those 3rd and long situations?

Jagz has been telling everyone who will listen that the ZBS does not function from negative yardage - it's about moving the ball forward. If the guy only has 12 passes that's hard to do - but Lefty found a way to do it.

This week will  no doubt test Lefty - he's going against the team that should know him best. If anyone knows how to pressure him into mistakes it's his old coach & teammates in Jax. So we'll see if Lefty has the same problem under duress that Luke has - no options - or if he finds a way to move the ball.

We'll also get to see if JJ's stuff was a fluke or if he wants to be legitimate.

The playcall didnt work, WRs didnt get open, the running game left him in bad down and distances, and McCown doesnt control any of those things

Where is the accountability?

I directly broke down each play, and explained what happened. You just ignored all of that, and provided nothing more than "we didnt score TDs in 3 drives so McCown is the fall guy"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#125 : August 18, 2009, 05:17:23 PM

lol at the Luke McKown excuse machine.  This thread is great.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#126 : August 18, 2009, 05:21:40 PM

Can I get a full list of players in the NFL who suck because they suck versus suck because of playcalling, wide receivers not getting open, running game not working, and defense? I want to make sure the players I criticize genuinely suck and aren't secretly good players being dragged down by others' suckiness.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#127 : August 18, 2009, 05:48:05 PM

Can I get a full list of players in the NFL who suck because they suck versus suck because of playcalling, wide receivers not getting open, running game not working, and defense? I want to make sure the players I criticize genuinely suck and aren't secretly good players being dragged down by others' suckiness.

Please forward me the list when you get that. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#128 : August 18, 2009, 05:50:05 PM

I don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure you can't say somebody sucks based on three series vs. a tough TENN defense with Sean Mahan at Center.

McCown's poor play is being exaggerated, just like Leftwich's good play.  They both need to play better on Saturday.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#129 : August 18, 2009, 06:06:02 PM

McCown's poor play is being exaggerated, just like Leftwich's good play.  They both need to play better on Saturday.

This is true and it's just one PRESEASON game at that, but it doesn't make some of the excuses for McCown any less humorous.  The only plus I gave Leftwich was the fact that he looked comfortable back there for the most part while McCown still has a deer in the headlights look about him IMO.

#130 : August 18, 2009, 06:12:43 PM

No you are right, McCown had a "terrible" game (even though it was only 3 series).

Lets not address when the OL getting blown up in pass pritection

Lets ignore when the urnning game loses 3 yards, and then gets no gain, and Luke is stuck in 3rd and 13. Must be his fault Im told

Lets not address when Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper stonewall our backup WRs (who wouldnt make most teams) at the LOS

Lets not address when our WRs drop balls

Lets do the intelligent thing and say McCown failed in all thsoe instances. Its so much easier and takes so much less brain power to do that

The fact that olaf is on your side says a lot. Nobody wants to evaluate the game, lets just say "mccown was bad" and leave it at that. lol, I dont know what I expected coming back to an internet message board to have a hard hitting discussion.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown wasnt bad at all « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools