Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown wasnt bad at all « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

#30 : August 17, 2009, 09:44:42 PM

Ball security? Yea you could criticize that, if you wnat to overlook the jailbreak from the DL and the facemask. McCown still shouldve held onto that ball though

So there's the example of at least one bad play McCown made. Slappy.

/thread

im sorry was his facemask not yanked down resulting in a 1st down?

Was the OL not responsible for mcCown having DLmen in his face as soon as he snapped the ball?

In fact, if thats you r lone criticism you have done nothing but prove MY point for me. thanks

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 17, 2009, 09:46:23 PM

Was it a poor play to chuck the ball aimlessly toward no one and have it returned for a TD or not?

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 17, 2009, 09:47:23 PM

The only logical answer is......YES!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 17, 2009, 09:47:39 PM

Luke could have won the job outright. He didn't, and his performances this offseason has left the staff flat.

#34 : August 17, 2009, 09:47:57 PM

Like you said earlier, you couldn't really see whether or not WRs were open on the deep routes. Who's to say someone got open for a second but Luke just hesitated to pull the trigger. MCcown's job is supposed to establish himself as the starter. He didn't do that.

Luke did enough of nothing that Leftwich was able to state his case for starting with one lucky pass and a bunch of crappy passes. Heck, Johnson's 3/5 and one busted play looked better than McCown's 4 completions.

Leftwich's case for starting was stated several weeks ago. It has been neck and neck with him and McCown, since before the game

You are exactly right, none of us could see the Wrs or defensive bacckfield on either of those 3rd and 13 plays. So mmy questioon has been why is anybody criticizing McCown? Based on two 3rd and 13 plays, which no offensive coordinator has a play for, and all we know is there were 7 men in coverage and still a decent pass rush. So where is the criticism coming from? Surely not anything that happened in the game. More of just stuff thats happening in peopels minds

#35 : August 17, 2009, 09:50:20 PM

Luke could have won the job outright. He didn't, and his performances this offseason has left the staff flat.

You mean his performance in 2 weeks of practice and a few mini camps? Why is that a suprise to anyone when we have all known for a long time that McCown isnt a flashy practice player. Its atcually been reported for years now that what he shows in games is not what he shows in practice.

You claiming Luke couldve won the job outright based on 2-3 drives in 1 preseason game, or that his performance this offseason has been viwed as flat by the FO, are both your opinions.

#36 : August 17, 2009, 09:51:37 PM

Was it a poor play to chuck the ball aimlessly toward no one and have it returned for a TD or not?

no, seeing as how the fumbel and the TD were negated by a defensive penalty that directly led to both events happening

I bet you criticize the QB when the CB gets called for PI and gets an INT, LMAO

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 17, 2009, 09:51:55 PM

DTG, I think team intentionally put LM in this situation to see how he would respond to being THE guy and he spit the bit. Again.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 17, 2009, 09:53:07 PM

That facemask didn't make LM toss that ball. He did that all on his own.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 17, 2009, 09:53:21 PM

You claiming Luke couldve won the job outright based on 2-3 drives in 1 preseason game, or that his performance this offseason has been viwed as flat by the FO, are both your opinions.

If that's your POV on the subject, then you are welcome to it.

#40 : August 17, 2009, 09:53:31 PM

DTG, I think team intentionally put LM in this situation to see how he would respond to being THE guy and he spit the bit. Again.

when did he do that? Again its your opinion, and not one that is backed by anythign that actually happened

The guys who matter, break down film and analyze the game. SO clearly your uninformed opinion means very little in the grand scheme of things

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 17, 2009, 09:54:35 PM

The staff wants somebody to really step up at QB. Going into this game, Leftwich had gained an edge on Luke for the starting job. However, in the end, they started him this week because he was here first.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 17, 2009, 09:54:51 PM

That facemask didn't make LM toss that ball. He did that all on his own.

The facemask affected the play, hence the flag was thrown and penalty enforced.

If you actually think McCown threw the ball backwards on purpose, then we're done here.

#43 : August 17, 2009, 09:55:19 PM

If that's your POV on the subject, then you are welcome to it.

Its not my POV, Im just clarifying that both of your statements are your opinions. Even though you stated them as fact.

And the opinion you hold that the FO sees his offseason as flat, is not a surprise since McCown is a notoriously average praactcie player

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 17, 2009, 09:56:38 PM

Oh, well....then I take it all back. Luke was great! What could I have been thinking?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown wasnt bad at all « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools